Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    regmcfly wrote:
    Hitmam

I now have a vision in my head of a middle-aged, Northern, female assassin.
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    regmcfly wrote:
    Flora is taking C to a music class today, which, travel time included, gives me around 3 hours of gaming time on the last week of my holiday. Absolutely in a crisis of indecision, do I finish Ratchet, use it for a mega Skyward Session, or fire up Hitmam 3

QFPT.
  • First sorta gripe with Forza H 4, could not find the championship I was in the middle of for a while there, so many icons, no quick way I could see to go the next bit. Stumbled on it eventually.

What's even more trivial than first world problems?
    I'm still great and you still love it.
  • Champ icons will always be white. Though as it progresses the jumble gets worse and worse, the filter on the map screen is a lifesaver then.
  • regmcfly wrote:
    Flora is taking C to a music class today, which, travel time included, gives me around 3 hours of gaming time on the last week of my holiday. Absolutely in a crisis of indecision, do I finish Ratchet, use it for a mega Skyward Session, or fire up Hitmam 3
    Spoiler:
    Come with g if you want to live...
  • Darksiders 3 is on games with gold. Like me a bit of Darksiders. First boss battle is a multi-stage affair and when I died I hope it wouldn't send me back to the start of the battle. Turns out it sends you back to the very start of the fucking game.. absolute bell ends.

Anyway second attempt and I know what I'm doing .. except said boss does one of those expanding circle attacks that deals massive damage but YOU CAN'T SEE WHEN ITS COMING as you're also forced to platform round the edges of the arena to get high enough to make him drop back down again.. fuck me I died again and went back TO THE START OF THE GAME AGAIN!! FUCK THAT SHIT.
    The Forum Herald™
  • Yeah, 3 shits the bed. There's some proper broken bits on top of just regular shitness too.
  • Why do developers still do that crap?
    Surely it cant be that hard in this day and age to put checkpoints in proper places.

Or does it think it is doing a Dark Souls but failing?
  • LivDiv wrote:
    . Or does it think it is doing a Dark Souls but failing?

Bingo.

Darksiders has always stolen blatantly, but if you steal from Souls, you need your ducks in a row, big time.
  • Peak lockdown purchase. Bought session.

Struggling with the tute. Which I think is the point. Help me gav.
  • Alrighty. Here we go.

Just always keep in mind - left stick is left foot, right stick is right foot. And if you ride regular, your right foot will be the back foot. So, if you know how tricks are the way they are, just experiment and go from there. You'll get there, it just requires a certain bit of brain rewiring.

Find a spot. Set a marker (d-pad down), and go for it! D-pad up to reset to the marker. If you're struggling with the physics you can go into advanced settings and play about with push speed, pop height, etc.
  • Ooh, that's cool. I can't seem to do the grind bit of the tute, it says hold left on left and right on right, but after the Ollie it doesn't seem to come close to grinding/sliding.

Will try again tomorrow.
  • Here, I actually made a quick grind tutorial with voice-over for a good mate in our WhatsApp group. Apologies if my accent is not understandable.

• Legend. I think the tute confused me because it makes it seem like I'm doing left and right at saem time, when I think it wants a demo of both seperately.
  • Genuinely think you can sack off the tutorial, tbh. Been so long since I done it, lol... Honestly though, keep at it, such a wonderfully and empoweringly great game when it clicks and you think of something, and just do it (after a few tries, of course). There's a youtuber called "JL Nightmare" who's a great source of info and advice in his vids, try him if mines doesn't give you the kick you need.

I'm currently trying to nail a BS 360 lateflip over a certain gap. Watched a RL skater do it on IG and boom, I'm breaking it down in my head, thinking of spots in game to try it on. Love it.
  • Super Blood Hockey. Got this as part of a 'Blood 'n Guts' triple pack that I originally bought for a game called Slain. Turns out Slain is a bit bobbins but Slayaway Camp was great and SBH is superb. I've had a fair few matches against various people I've forced to play but my nephew unexpectedly loved it. Had some epic caravan matches and now I'm dabbling with the franchise mode. If the idea of what feels like a lost Sensible Software hockey game inspired by EA Hockey and Speedball 2 floats your boat this is worth a look, the whole pack cost £4.33 iirc and I haven't completely given up on Slain yet. It's very simple but literally killing the opposition to tip the scales hasn't got old yet.
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    I think I’ve almost bought that pack once or twice, in large part because of SBH. Reminds me of the 16 bit NHL games before they removed the fighting. I’ll keep my eyes open for when it’s cheap again.
  • It deffo plays like an early 16-bit hockey game and the one button full team fights are flurries of controlled chaos. It's all very pick up & play, great for local mp sessions.
  • bad_hair_day
    Show networks
    Twitter
    @_badhairday_
    Xbox
    Bad Hair Day
    PSN
    Bad-Hair-Day
    Steam
    badhairday247

Send message
    Warplanes: WW1 Fighters (Quest/Rift)

Played this every night since Sunday as it’s just so much fun. The feeling of ‘being there’ is unparalleled (compared to a TV) when dropping your wing and looking over the side as a fighter flies beneath you. Outstanding for a mobile chip in a £300 headset.

Boasting campaign, day and night modes, multiplayer and arcade or simulator controls, it’s a tidy package. If you have a Quest, £15 and a strong tummy - this pilot’s advice is get your chocks off with this hidden gem.

retroking1981: Fuck this place I'm off to the pub.
  • A Monster's Expedition on Switch is a GotY contender so far. 4hrs in, progress has been slow and steady. I really struggled with Baba is You (the last puzzle game I was looking forward to) but this is an absolute treat. Wife is on the hook too.
  • acemuzzy
    Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    YES!
  • Dragons Dogma on switch. Had this for ages but not managed to play for more than the opening 15 mins.

It's alright isn't it?
    Not everything is The Best or Shit. Theres many levels between that, lets just enjoy stuff.
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    It's great, but the way it handles quests is a puzzle. When they open up and worse, when they get locked out forever is a total mystery. Makes me want to play it with a guide, which isn't how I like to play anything
  • Danganronpa (the first one). I'm having fun with this one. Great writing, fun myesteries to solve, and lots of unexpected twists. Can be a little too linear, though, and I found some rhythm segments a bit tricky.
    I win... in the most minor way possible.
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    YEAH
  • Omno - it's nice. Not quite the 'journey 2.0' i was hoping for but hey
  • EvilRedEye
    Show networks
    Twitter
    adrianongaming
    Xbox
    EvilRedEye8
    PSN
    EvilRedEye8
    Steam
    EvilRedEye8

Send message
    I feel like it's easier to appreciate when you realise it was pretty much entirely a solo project by one dude.
    "ERE's like Mr. Muscle, he loves the things he hates"
  • I tried to make similar allowances for The Falconeer but it only goes so far. Will try Omno though. The only 'Journey type' game I've really enjoyed is Flower iirc, but I still play them just in case.
  • acemuzzy
    Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    "Would you like any help?"
    "Om.... No"

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!