Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    Coincidentally started it earlier this evening. Didn't get very far mind. Seems ok, though I think I'm actively hoping for non-Journey...
  • EvilRedEye wrote:
    I feel like it's easier to appreciate when you realise it was pretty much entirely a solo project by one dude.

It is impressive. It feels like a love letter to Journey but that could just be me wanting it to be. It doesn't capture the sense of wonder in me Like Journey and Abzu did. I am enjoying it mind, 100% the first 4 levels in one sitting. Journey is one of my favourite games ever so the fact i'm comparing it is a good thing.
  • It's growing on me the more i play it.
  • Interesting.
    I am a FREE. I am not MAN. A NUMBER.
  • Omno - just learned two new abilities that are utterly brilliant, feel like ninja spider-man now. I rarely complete games these days, i'm going to be close to 100% this one. So yeah, i was too hasty. It's brilliant.
  • Figured I'd basically done most of forza 4 solo. Given 5 is around the corner didn't want to plop for dlc,

Switched to dirt rally 2 because that's the mood I'm in. Not sure the ui is an improvement over the first. And graphically it's different, but is it better?

Still, it's nice and challenging, and the moment to moment trying just to stay in the road is exciting. Took a good few stages to stop trying to deliberately slide through side of road fencing.

Started Greak too. So far so solid.
    I'm still great and you still love it.
  • Hmmmm, Greak looks and sounds lovely. Platforming is perfectly fine, but doesn't really head into super fluid ori territory.

Fighting is average so far, but there's unlocks and even the first one improved things. We'll see.
    I'm still great and you still love it.
  • Bollockoff
    Show networks
    PSN
    Bollockoff
    Steam
    Bollockoff

Send message
    Florence. I'm so far perfectly willing to dive into this tub of twee but the piano soundtrack is very overbearing.
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    Had a bit of time this morning so went through some Game Pass stuff. Art of Rally, despite great aesthetics was a hard bounce for me due to the controls.

Yet in wonky controls are good news, Human Fall Flat has dug its hooks into me. On the 4th World now.
  • Human Fall Flat is even more fun/frustrating if you play in co-op.
    "Like i said, context is missing."
    http://ssgg.uk
  • FranticPea
    Show networks
    Xbox
    FranticPea
    PSN
    FranticPea
    Steam
    FranticPea

Send message
    I laughed tea out of my nose playing HFF with Elliot.
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    Human Fall Flat is even more fun/frustrating if you play in co-op.

Yeah, I'm going to try and get Fisher to join in.
  • Genesis Noir. What an incredibly tedious game. It's stylish for sure, but none of the 'solutions' to the interactive bits feel rewarding in the slightest. It's just 'guess which direction to rotate the analogue stick' or 'tug on these things by holding A and a direction'.
  • I liked it but it is barely a game.
    The closest analogy I can think of is a popup book with all the tabs to pull and that.
  • It's no Haunted House, but that's decent description.

I've stated that I wouldn't like The Witness on numerous occasions, including once in the past week. Turns out I was wrong. Barely scratched the surface with 53 puzzles solved but I might be on the hook. Always just assumed I'd hate it.
  • Hades - it's fun, the style/story/humour is cool, i loved bastion and i instantly recognised the voice, i can see why people love it. I am not sure i will persevere having to do the same boss over and over again, but we shall see. It's very 'one more go' my fingers are aching.
  • God mode might be worth a look if you want to play but don't want to repeat quite so many times.  The difficulty remains the same but it gives you an extra 20% health from the start and buffs that by an extra 2% every time Zagreus dies (which caps at 30% on top of the 20%).  If you decide to turn it off you keep any permanent upgrades, so even if you decide to ditch God Mode and brave the real thing you'd cut down on your overall playtime.  It's a neat way of giving players a sort of 3/4 fat version of the game imo, rather than nerfing it into a complete pushover.  It still took me something like 10-12hrs to learn the game and beat Hades and I saw more than enough to know that it's one of the best games of the gen.  Not everyone wants to spend 20+hrs on one game and with so much else to play I'm glad devs are adding more accessibility options these days.
  • While I was on a lengthy call at the weekend (night time) I fired up Flight Sim and just fly around my hometown area. Its the gaming equivalent of going for a drive. Great stuff
    http://horganphoto.com My STILL under construction website
    PSN : superflyninja
  • I've been playing Burnout Paradise on Switch and Gamepass

240450491_10227044046026147_4372108231800340310_n.jpg?_nc_cat=106&ccb=1-5&_nc_sid=8bfeb9&_nc_ohc=EIq1ahscQt0AX_NeSOn&_nc_ht=scontent.fiom2-1.fna&oh=72b6c228e7cf0cd0a93461772b48b69d&oe=612899D4

And it's great in both modes.. I'm enjoying racing round.

I also had a go on Pyschonauts

239334383_10227044046546160_4605402893479776407_n.jpg?_nc_cat=108&ccb=1-5&_nc_sid=8bfeb9&_nc_ohc=s_WegkG6q3wAX__2JSl&tn=l2vNRaz3UPylm7k2&_nc_ht=scontent.fiom2-1.fna&oh=1c77d7938c7e16fa9088f9c8c373fdce&oe=61288507

And it's held up quite well. The stylised graphics look ok and the gameplay is solid platforming and the world building and characters are great... If I had time I'd play the whole thing through again but I expect I'll want to get straight on to the sequel.. which arrives this week.
    The Forum Herald™
  • Questor
    Show networks
    Steam
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/questornz/

Send message
    Finally getting round to Immortals: Fenyx Rising.

Bloody hell this is no BOTW is it? Also, the narration has gotten past the point of being cringey as opposed to funny, and I'm only just off the tutorial bit....
  • Questor wrote:
    Finally getting round to Immortals: Fenyx Rising. Bloody hell this is no BOTW is it? Also, the narration has gotten past the point of being cringey as opposed to funny, and I'm only just off the tutorial bit....

Despite some love on here, I bounced off the demo for the same reason.
  • I find immortals brilliant in bursts. Ill go hard on it for a while and now Ive stopped playing, but I know Ill be back. The narration is........really strange and I don't pay much attention to it tbh. I just enjoy roaming the land looking for puzzles and collectables. Its got a strong loop for an open world game.
    http://horganphoto.com My STILL under construction website
    PSN : superflyninja
  • It Takes Two alongside my daughter and holy fuck it’s wonderful. Right game, right time for the two of us no doubt but couple that with it’s crazy inventiveness and it’s in the all timer list at the moment for me. I realise it’s probably not that good but for us right now, it’s perfect.
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    How old is your daughter? There’s one bit in particular that I’d think twice about playing with anyone too young.

It appears from about 7:20 in the video below. Excuse the annoying streamer.

Spoiler:
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    Last Stop - terrible voice acting but the prologue has be intrigued enough to carry on. Played the central woman's first story and her story is interesting, so will keep going, also read it is reasonably short.
  • She’s 13 now. I’m pretty certain she’s nicely balanced at the moment so I’m think she should be ok. I’ll give her the option beforehand though to sit a bit out if she doesn’t fancy it.
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    13 sounds old enough to me, thought it worth mentioning though. I can see some younger kids being traumatised by that after being drawn in by the generally child-friendly presentation of the game.
  • I still can't sleep.  Sometimes I wake up laughing.
  • Yossarian wrote:
    13 sounds old enough to me, thought it worth mentioning though. I can see some younger kids being traumatised by that after being drawn in by the generally child-friendly presentation of the game.

Yeah, I had a look at the vid and she’ll defo be fine with that. Thanks for the heads up though.

• Truth here. We sat down and watched The Blair Witch a month or two back so me worrying about the vid up there is a lol on my part. Presumably I’m a bad bad dad but she has very fine taste and loved it dearly.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!