Currently Playing
  • I watched Blair Witch on my own on Halloween when i was 12 and i'm completely fine..

Honest.
  • Have mentioned in a the Rogue thread a few times, but I'm still playing ring of pain in EA.

It's shaping up well. And I just beat one of the variations and now I can do a little item selection at the start, so life is going to be easier for a bit.

I'm still great and you still love it.
  • Play. More. Session.

You'll soon regret mentioning it to me, I know this.
  • Just started 12 minutes.
    Spoiler:
  • Play. More. Session. You'll soon regret mentioning it to me, I know this.

Literally can't sit up with a controller at the moment. Back is shot.
    I'm still great and you still love it.
  • Started Hades on gamepass. My my, I like this.
    http://horganphoto.com My STILL under construction website
    PSN : superflyninja
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    I want to start that, but, I'm not done with the Ascent yet. I suspect that I may be the only person on the forum who completes it, but I'm enjoying it despite the simplistic gameplay and dodgy writing.
  • Tried the demo for that Tales Of Arise. Aye, pretty slick and shiny action jrpg affair. Sure a few folk on here would really like it. Combat is pretty decent.
  • Isn’t it just another Tales of game? They’re all mostly the same.
    I am a FREE. I am not MAN. A NUMBER.
  • Last one I tried was on the PSP maybe? Aye, probably are all the same but it was all very slick and 4K shiny and whatnot. Might be of some importance to the nerds in the room.
  • I like the look of (almost) all of them as I do love the style, but unless the new one does anything different (I haven't read up on it) it will be a by the numbers Tales Of/JRPG.  I think they need to start changing it up a bit.  Symphonia was good, I still need to get back to Vesperia, and I think I still have Destiny on my PSP.
    I am a FREE. I am not MAN. A NUMBER.
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    Yossarian wrote:
    I want to start that, but, I'm not done with the Ascent yet. I suspect that I may be the only person on the forum who completes it, but I'm enjoying it despite the simplistic gameplay and dodgy writing.

Having tried both I'd swap your effort and focus. Hades is so far above it.
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    I’m absolutely sure that it is, but I’m really enjoying the world and atmosphere of the Ascent and would like to see more of it.
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    Yeah, I enjoyed what I've played, but I want something else in there. I've said before this would be a great engine to reboot Fallout with.
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    I get the criticism of the gameplay, there’s not a great deal to it, but I find it satisfying enough to stick with it.
  • Yossarian wrote:
    I've completed it. But I kind of had to.
  • The Witness. Blimey it's good.

I've also finally taken a punt on Below for £7.99, as an explore mode has been added. Never known a game to have such a slow burn intro, it's pretty much being lit by two pieces of flint. I really want to like this, wish me luck. Gorgeous for sure.
  • EvilRedEye
    Show networks
    Twitter
    adrianongaming
    Xbox
    EvilRedEye8
    PSN
    EvilRedEye8
    Steam
    EvilRedEye8

Send message
    Tales of Arise is meant to be much budgetier than previous Tales of games. It could still end up being much of a muchness in terms of plot and that but they've at least put some money and time into this one, as opposed to previous games, which were entertaining but kinda churned out on a limited budget. Need to try the demo.
    "ERE's like Mr. Muscle, he loves the things he hates"
  • I've played for 70 mins or so. I think I'll alternate it with The Witness as my TV game. I've done some research and it seems like it was far too brutal for most players in its original form and pretty much everyone agrees that the patched in Explore mode (day one PS4) is the way to play. I'm keen so far, but it feels like the sort of thing that'll reveal its charms over a few hours rather than one or two. I tend to prefer immediate rewards but I have a suspicion this will be worth it.
  • Library of Ruina.
    My reivew: What the flying fuck is going on
  • hahahaha Brilliant. :D
    Come with g if you want to live...
  • FranticPea
    Show networks
    Xbox
    FranticPea
    PSN
    FranticPea
    Steam
    FranticPea

Send message
    I tried playing that and I've never felt so confused/stupid in my entire life..
  • Below.  I'm obsessed with this.  I wish it controlled a little better than it does if I'm honest (an accurate description of the movement/combat would be 'fine'), but it's a rare example of a game where I'm willing to overlook its shortcomings and focus on the whole.  I haven't been this taken with a slow burn since Outer Wilds.
  • Silke
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Silke Neryn
    PSN
    Silke_Neryn
    Steam
    Silke Neryn

Send message
    I'm eagerly awaiting your take on the so called darkness levels. From your enthusiasm I'm guessing you're not quite there yet.
    It's a world of truck drivers.
  • I don't think I'm there yet. I've had some dark(er) levels but I'm guessing I should brace myself for a different kettle of fish.
    Spoiler:
  • Wouldn't entertain the idea of playing this with hunger/thirst levels and non permanent blue bonfires though, it must've been quite an undertaking. Can't think of many indies this keen to punish the player (checkpoint platformers aside). Darkest Dungeon maybe.
  • Silke
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Silke Neryn
    PSN
    Silke_Neryn
    Steam
    Silke Neryn

Send message
    Yeah, I was in the mood for something punishing so it worked at the time, but during these DARKNESS LEVELS I constantly circle back to - I started to regret the decision, while also finding the game badly designed.

Explore is certainly the right way to go.
    It's a world of truck drivers.
  • I've reached the dark bits and it's instantly cannonballed into farce. Too many enemies to squeeze past on walkways that are too narrow and not enough bite on your weapons to keep them at bay. Plus the location of the floor key is a bit pot luck for my tastes.
    Spoiler:

Not particularly happy with it right now.
  • This really is depressingly crap now. I just prepared for 45 minutes only to get annihilated before I even found my corpse. You don't even get time to fumble around in the clunky menus or check the map because you get attacked so quickly (including beasties that follow you between screens, what fun) and the potion drink animation takes an absolute age. I'm not even holding the torch, so this is without the tentacles.

You did warn me, in fairness. Now I'm questioning whether I can be bothered. Never seen a game plummet from an [8] to a [5] so quickly, it's an atrocious segment.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!