Currently Playing
  • Tried out a couple of sale titles this evening.

Roundguard. Roguelike Peggle, plays far better than the trailers suggest. Progression is kinda slow per run but it's enjoyable so far.

Chasm. Not played enough to comment really, procgen Symphony of the Night type. Looks nice.

Then I went back to Rive for a quick blast. Still think this is a magnificent twin stick checkpoint shooter.
  • Spent a lot of time on Spelunky 2.. fuck me it's even harder.. finally got the tunnel built of 1-4 but not getting anywhere near 2-4 on either choice.. still plays superbly but fuck me it's even easier to die.. the stunned animation lasts so long it's possible to lose all four hearts without a chance to recover.

Also the end of level 1-4 boss is annoying as fuck as you can't see whether he's gone for good or coming back .
    The Forum Herald™
  • Yeah I definitely found it harder than the first
    Switch Friend Code: SW-5407-6034-9226

PSN: derekg
  • Roundguard is great.  Roguelike Peggle with a health bar/manageable stat numberwang and focus on clearing enemies (hit them and they'll hit you back for a specific damage trade).  Surprisingly deep and thoroughly addictive.   Only a fiver on the EShop rn, wifey's been casting a beady eye on it too.
  • Deadly Premonition 2

Having completed the first one I thought I had some idea what to expect but this is just bonkers.. after a long winded and fairly dull interrogation opening there's a cinematic title sequence a totally bonkers breakfast sequence a trip to his room where he bangs on the for ages about The Island as a new genre defining arthouse sci-fi film and then outside for a smoke. This took the best part of two hours.

Most bonkers of all there's no fucking option screen. I google and see that patch 1.03 introuduced the option to invert Y axis. but I can't find any one telling me how to actually do it!! FUCKING HELL SWEARY i'll be fucking swearing soon.
    The Forum Herald™
  • Beatstar - Android

Music tapping rhythm action published by Supercell, so they've got the cash to get a pretty diverse range of music on there to play with. Going from Nirvana to Basement Jaxx to Doja Cat in one sitting. Class.

Getting the cons out the road, it's got the usual mobile timers with unlocking song crates. I don't mind just backing out and waiting. It can also be harsh with scoring which is the main way to 'progress', you kinda need perfect runs to get 5 stars, and if you make a mistake you have to spend a small amount of the premium currency to keep going. So yeah, a bit grindy.

But in reality, it's good solid fun, reminding me of Guitar Hero and the early iOS banger Tap Tap Revenge. It's riding high in the free charts so I see longevity for more songs getting added. Definitely worth your time if you ever enjoyed GH/EBA etc.
  • Mate of mine works on that, will give it a shot this evening.
  • Okay just dropped £9 on it for five "alternative" songs and 300 gems. Got some Supergrass. *jazz show voice* Nice.
  • Great recommendation Gav!

Just have this a go and it plays really well. I think having the beats to hit being based on the singing rather than instruments works really nicely-especially with all the different genres.
    Gamertag: aaroncupboard (like the room where you keep towels)
  • Yeah, these games live & die on how well the blocks are put down, and it's good to see them more often than not chase the more dominant melody in the vocals. There's a couple of spots in the "hard" songs, most notably a Fall Out Boy song where for a quick sec it follows the guitar, but I still find that fun enough to try.

I spotted an "extreme" difficulty in later levels, No One Knows by QOTSA is in there. That'll be my endgame, I think.
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    I CANT STOP
  • I unlocked Sweet Home Alabama and was in the damn zone for the solo bits, fuck me.
  • Olimite
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Olimite
    Xbox
    Olimite
    PSN
    Olimite Too
    Steam
    ceequeue

Send message
    I am hooked on it. Have about 35 songs or so. Shame you can’t pick a song out of a selection when you open a box but there are a few great songs already that I hadn’t previously heard (Say So, Death bed and Happier).
  • Haven. Wanted to try it as I loved Furi but I don't think it's for me. Seems 'nice' and the dialogue isn't bad at all, it just lacks any real bite to the gameplay. Almost comes across as a remaster of a retail Vita game. Deleting I think.
  • Yeah, I tried the demo, pretty freakin terrible game play.

Amongst many Rogues and card games I'm also still plugging away at Greak. Will get back on rdr2 soon as well, now my back isn't being shit.

I suspect I'll stop at some point with Greak, because I can feel the dual character controls, and weird mechanics around having health mid boss fight will make me throw a controller.

It'll be a shame too, because the platform puzzling, art and music are all great.
    I'm still great and you still love it.
  • I wanted to like Greak but that sounds gash
    The Forum Herald™
  • I'm playing Grid (2019) on Gamepass and I'm wondering if anyone who programmed it has actually driven a car before? The sudden drop off in grip when turning is so unrealistic, and the cars seem to have no inertia. It's just really off. Absolutely no discernable difference between FWD, RWD and 4WD... And I'm wanting to like it because other areas like the graphics and especially the sound are great.
  • Bollockoff
    Show networks
    PSN
    Bollockoff
    Steam
    Bollockoff

Send message
    Great Ace Attorney 1 - it's Great.

FF7 Remake - bounced off it for months but now i'm into it. I've accepted it isn't og 7 and i do actually like a lot of the extra fleshing out they've done of Midgar and the Avalanche supporting members.
  • Silke
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Silke Neryn
    PSN
    Silke_Neryn
    Steam
    Silke Neryn

Send message
    Bravely Default II (PC)

New old school comfort food that frequently bites back. It's also surprisingly dark, in regards to the story. PC port is great; gone is the lacking performance of the Switch. 

Now I just have to find some interesting job combinations to abuse.
    It's a world of truck drivers.
  • Chasm.

Procedurally generated Metroidvania that's different every time you start a new game. Not a rogue though, unless you select mortal mode I guess. Leans heavily on the Castlevania influence, it's kinda basic but it all works and I'm enjoying it.
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    Spider-Man on PS5. Got quite far on PS4 with this but playing the 60fps RT mode on this is just fantastic. I’m actually enjoying ticking off all the activities too, which is rare for me and open world games. Will leave MM for Christmas though.
  • I got platinum on PS4 (thanks for the year-long lend!), and Boy just recently started the remaster on PS5.  He has already played a fair chunk, it's got him hooked.
    I am a FREE. I am not MAN. A NUMBER.
  • Just polished off Wasteland 3, thought it was excellent
  • Hitman 3 with the Berlin level in particular being an absolute banger.
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    Dogfingers wrote:
    Just polished off Wasteland 3, thought it was excellent

Thought I'd have went back to that by now, I jacked it in on Xbone because the load times were lengthy. Enjoyed what I played
  • Beatstar - Android

Music tapping rhythm action published by Supercell, so they've got the cash to get a pretty diverse range of music on there to play with. Going from Nirvana to Basement Jaxx to Doja Cat in one sitting. Class.

Getting the cons out the road, it's got the usual mobile timers with unlocking song crates. I don't mind just backing out and waiting. It can also be harsh with scoring which is the main way to 'progress', you kinda need perfect runs to get 5 stars, and if you make a mistake you have to spend a small amount of the premium currency to keep going. So yeah, a bit grindy.

But in reality, it's good solid fun, reminding me of Guitar Hero and the early iOS banger Tap Tap Revenge. It's riding high in the free charts so I see longevity for more songs getting added. Definitely worth your time if you ever enjoyed GH/EBA etc.

Just downloaded this and it's bloody great. Big smile from me trying to do Jimmy Eats World and Outkast. Great fun.
    Gamertag: gremill
  • We have a thread come join the party before the nerds turn it into a IAP discussion.
  • Gremill wrote:
    Jimmy Eats World

I'll let you off with that.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!