Currently Playing
  • Hook me up with some gunzerker builds.. I followed your advice but finding it difficult around the Tiny Tina bit thats mainline.
    The Forum Herald™
  • Dark Soldier
    Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    I'll post my current build shortly for you mate, level 34
  • Dark Soldier
    Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    So:

Green Tree:

5 points in both Locked & Loaded and Quick Draw. Gives improved fire rate and Crit Damage.

5 points into Money Shot - THIS SKILL IS BROKEN. 400% additional damage with last shot from magazine.

1 point in Down Not Out. Gunzerk when downed is insanely good.

Blue Tree:

5 points in Incomceivable. Filled to the Brim is useless as ymdue to Money Shot you want small mags. Inconceivable means if you are on the last shot, it may not consume ammo. This means, with good luck, you can chain Money Shot to proc 3 or 4 times rather than once.

5 points in Last Longer. Additional Gunzerk time is golden.

5 points in I'm Ready Already. Cool down for Gunzerk means you can use it more.

5 points in Yippee Ki Yay - let's yours kills extend your Gunzerk. Against larger mobs it means you can never have to leave Gunzerk.

5 points in Steady As She Goes. Again, Gunzerk =WIN.

You should aim for these in the order I list them. Then pick green and blue skills that suit. DO NOT PICK SKILLS THAT EXTEND YOUR MAG SIZE.

Red Tree has a couple of decent skills (Incite, Bus Can't Slow Down, Just Got Real) but this is more a co-op tree so leave it be.

Gear wise, Grog nozzle left hand. Or Ruby. Zerker has a weird thing where if something is procced in his left hand it also works on his right when gunzerking. Grog nozzle drunk effect = more damage less accuracy. You don't need accuracy. Grog isn't needed, you'll still destroy things, it's just fun overkill. If no Grog, fast firing assault rifle is my preference for left hand.

Find a shotgun with high damage and pellet count, low ammo. You want it to empty the mag in one shot, two at worst. Rarity doesn't matter, preferably not white but even a green will do.

Then Gunzerk, run in, and kill everything for fun.

Class relic - Proficency Relic equals shorter cool down on Gunzerk.

Class mod - Unstoppable Berzerker Mod means again shorter cooldown, and usually has plusses for skills like Yippee Ki Yay and Last Longer. Legendary Zerker mod is great but only at end game.
  • Dark Soldier
    Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    Hope that helps!
  • Im on Act II of Tshushima. Man, the PS5 version is silky smooth and the load times are amazing. Can go from a cold start to in game in about 20 seconds or something.
    http://horganphoto.com My STILL under construction website
    PSN : superflyninja
  • Inspired by a recent playthrough of Rive I've decided to give Toki Tori 2 my full attention (same developer). I remember @Tempy linking a video about sequence breaking, and it really does sound like a Metroidvania that's a little different. Plus Monster's Expedition has shown me that puzzle games with minimal mechanics can really work for me if the ingenuity is there.

I just purposefully reset my progress from a couple of years ago because I'd forgotten the basics. I'm out of my comfort zone already.
  • acemuzzy
    Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    I've only played the first, but the second sounds quite different?
  • Movement is the same but instead of collecting eggs in small puzzle stages you progress through a sizeable map. I've stopped reading up on it because I don't want to ruin things but apparently routes aren't necessarily locked behind ability unlocks, so I guess it's not quite a Metroidvania.
  • acemuzzy
    Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    Four Sided Fantasy (PS5)

Well now my head hurts.

It's definitely a different platformer. Kinda puzzly. Send pretty good at points but other bits I feel I'm slightly flying by the seat of my pants so I'm not quite sure how I feel about it all in. Only one world down tho.
  • Sable (Series X)

242914367_10227210821315425_7090475928989004671_n.jpg?_nc_cat=107&ccb=1-5&_nc_sid=8bfeb9&_nc_ohc=DOkH3O0OXUEAX8fNc83&_nc_ht=scontent.fiom2-1.fna&oh=2cc0886b671c7458371840f8d2d65f87&oe=615272EA

242931018_10227210821515430_3789370916602406634_n.jpg?_nc_cat=105&ccb=1-5&_nc_sid=8bfeb9&_nc_ohc=xL2feSO6PkoAX-0S64z&_nc_ht=scontent.fiom2-1.fna&oh=6aa149c9f09bbb94a149dffa2ced04f2&oe=61531951

242838085_10227210821995442_6369418438363938301_n.jpg?_nc_cat=109&ccb=1-5&_nc_sid=8bfeb9&_nc_ohc=kwR-zf3zbHkAX_cEpjX&tn=l2vNRaz3UPylm7k2&_nc_ht=scontent.fiom2-1.fna&oh=d680fcba31314df279d81e570f452016&oe=6152AAFD

Love Love Love this. It's like a mix of Ico, The Force Awakens, a good Breath of the Wild and early studio Ghilbi.. (the running animation is super cute).

It looks lovely the writing is nice the music is nice it plays nicely.. It's really captured my imagination and whilst I've only spent a couple of hours doing what I assume are the tutorial missions it's been a pleasure.
    The Forum Herald™
  • acemuzzy
    Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    Hmm, I was optimistic, but Bob liking it is a definite concern
  • There's a hint of Journey too.. Those are my own screen shots..
    The Forum Herald™
  • acemuzzy
    Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    Bob wrote:
    a hint of Journey

Ruh-roh
  • It's not for you Muzzy.
    The Forum Herald™
  • So Bob has just mentioned 3 of my top 10 games ever.

But it’s Bob.
    I am a FREE. I am not MAN. A NUMBER.
  • But hey it's on Gamepass so it's win win.
    The Forum Herald™
  • FranticPea
    Show networks
    Xbox
    FranticPea
    PSN
    FranticPea
    Steam
    FranticPea

Send message
    Grounded

Me and Sparky have been revisiting this and they've added a ton since we last played. Another large update is due soon too which is cool.

It's such a neat idea for a crafting/building/survival game, and the progression you make from tough battles against mites to battling spiders as mites now bounce off you is very rewarding. Fight the creatures to use their bits to craft weapons and armour to fight the tougher creatures.

Going off on adventure is always rewarding too, stumbling across abandoned research stations, some locked, and trying to figure out how to open them. Or even just finding new areas that certain bugs frequent. We're still finding new materials etc that we've never seen before also. Last night we found the chip to learn how to make Zip lines.

Its all wrapped up in a really great style, the lighting is absolutely brilliant and the possibilities for future updates boggles the mind. I want ant mounts please.

Here's some pics of our base in progress.

Ry2gR3c.jpg

ZG8eo2G.jpg

yEiExyQ.jpg
  • EvilRedEye
    Show networks
    Twitter
    adrianongaming
    Xbox
    EvilRedEye8
    PSN
    EvilRedEye8
    Steam
    EvilRedEye8

Send message
    Is Bob broken?
    "ERE's like Mr. Muscle, he loves the things he hates"
  • EvilRedEye
    Show networks
    Twitter
    adrianongaming
    Xbox
    EvilRedEye8
    PSN
    EvilRedEye8
    Steam
    EvilRedEye8

Send message
    I think we should turn Bob off and then back on again.
    "ERE's like Mr. Muscle, he loves the things he hates"
  • Still waiting for Grounded to reach 1.0 or whatever 'day one' versions are called these days.  It's the main reason I've kept hold of my Xbox One (same profile online co-op is a possibility, I hear).
  • FranticPea
    Show networks
    Xbox
    FranticPea
    PSN
    FranticPea
    Steam
    FranticPea

Send message
    I keep saying I'll wait for 1.0 but its just so damn fun I couldn't wait.
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    It's class.

Plus we can always start a new base with the October update
  • Cos
    Show networks
    Twitter
    CallMeCosby
    Xbox
    Jacks Joystick
    PSN
    CosbyTheWise
    Steam
    Cosby
    Wii
    BillyCosby

Send message
    FranticPea wrote:
    yEiExyQ.jpg

That's an awesome base, great work. I haven't played this for about 6 months so might jump back in. I hit a bit of a wall I think, struggled taking on larger enemies and found some of the base building quite tricky - roofs in particular. Lots of fun though.
  • FranticPea
    Show networks
    Xbox
    FranticPea
    PSN
    FranticPea
    Steam
    FranticPea

Send message
    Jump on with us one night.

I find the roofs alot easier than alot of other similar games tbh. I think they may have renamed some of the bits to make them easier to pick, although I might be imagining that.

I love how it just let's you build on pretty much any spot, even rocks and branches/logs. We keep going for a wander and going "ooh, this would be a good spot".

Re: larger enemies. Block is very powerful in this game, and each enemy has a tell for their attacks. You need to get Acorn armour first, ignore the clover stuff. Then take on ants and get an insect club to then move onto Bombadier beetles and Stink Bugs. We're currently trying to get all the bits to make a set of Ladybug armour each.

They've added perks now too, which are great. You can swap between them depending on what you're doing at the time. Better stamina, club damage, faster grass chopping time etc
  • Where is our
    Bob?

Tbf I quite liked the demo, so I’m happy to hear there enjoyment to be had. Will get it downloaded.
  • Cos
    Show networks
    Twitter
    CallMeCosby
    Xbox
    Jacks Joystick
    PSN
    CosbyTheWise
    Steam
    Cosby
    Wii
    BillyCosby

Send message
    FranticPea wrote:
    Jump on with us one night. I find the roofs alot easier than alot of other similar games tbh. I think they may have renamed some of the bits to make them easier to pick, although I might be imagining that. I love how it just let's you build on pretty much any spot, even rocks and branches/logs. We keep going for a wander and going "ooh, this would be a good spot". Re: larger enemies. Block is very powerful in this game, and each enemy has a tell for their attacks. You need to get Acorn armour first, ignore the clover stuff. Then take on ants and get an insect club to then move onto Bombadier beetles and Stink Bugs. We're currently trying to get all the bits to make a set of Ladybug armour each. They've added perks now too, which are great. You can swap between them depending on what you're doing at the time. Better stamina, club damage, faster grass chopping time etc

Good tips, cheers. Think I had a combo of ant and acorn armour but looking it up, the ant armour doesn't do anything more than clover.

Perks are a solid idea. Will have to check if I need to reinstall.
  • Hope that helps!

Thanks will have a look. What’s the best way of farming for loot in 2?
    The Forum Herald™
  • I've been playing Grounded regularly for the last few months.  My garden is now a metropolis of raised walkways and zip lines. 

I do wonder if I'm screwing myself over a bit by playing so much before they add the story part of things but I enjoy it enough that I'm not too worried.
  • Dark Soldier
    Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    Bob wrote:
    Hope that helps!

Thanks will have a look. What’s the best way of farming for loot in 2?

Bosses. Most bosses have dedicated drops. Best 2 in main game are Bunker and Warrior.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!