Currently Playing
  • FranticPea wrote:
    I'd say one of those steak and ale pies where the actual meat and gravy is pretty good, but they've lied about it being a pie and it just has a puff pastry lid so you're a bit miffed. Still, the actual steak and ale is nice to dip your chips in so you're happy enough. You might not order it next time though. Don't lie about the pie.
    That's a surprisingly accurate summary.
  • FranticPea
    Show networks
    Xbox
    FranticPea
    PSN
    FranticPea
    Steam
    FranticPea

Send message
    If there's one thing I know it's pies.
  • bad_hair_day
    Show networks
    Twitter
    @_badhairday_
    Xbox
    Bad Hair Day
    PSN
    Bad-Hair-Day
    Steam
    badhairday247

Send message
    Watch the pies…
    retroking1981: Fuck this place I'm off to the pub.
  • Questor
    Show networks
    Steam
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/questornz/

Send message
    Having lived in New Zealand for 8 years, the steak and cheese pies there are the stuff of legend.

Chunky steak pieces in a gravy with cheese just under the lid.

best morning tea ever.... :)

Also, still playing a lot of Dorfromantik. Perfect to chill watching something on the other screen.
  • Sparklite. It's okay, just about good enough to see through I reckon, but also a bit too grindy and kinda dull. Music is great and it looks nice.

God I'd love a proper new non roguelike 2D Zelda.
  • Dark Soldier
    Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    Fucking fuck me the Metroid Primes with M&K are exquisite.

First one down, onto the second. Just absolute all-timers and having the ability to free aim and look brings a whole new dimension to it. Works so, so well.
  • So The Gunk.. not good …
    The Forum Herald™
  • davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    Fucking fuck me the Metroid Primes with M&K are exquisite. First one down, onto the second. Just absolute all-timers and having the ability to free aim and look brings a whole new dimension to it. Works so, so well.

Wii controls for an FPS (nunchuck + wiimote) were a revolution to me. Even had me playing those games again for a short while as I hate twin stick. Given that it's really a sub for M&K then that comes as no surprise to me.
    Holding the wrong end of the stick since 2009.
  • davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    Wario Land Shake Dimension on Wii. Always meant to go back to this...the save file was 2009...so wiped that and started afresh.  Very nice 2D hand drawn platformer with some puzzly elements and multiple goals per level that offer some replay.

Charming overall with a nice set of moves and animations on Wario.
    Holding the wrong end of the stick since 2009.
  • Unsighted.

Not got far, but it seems like a good one. Another 2D Zelda-like, with a hint of Souls. The parry mechanic seems fun for once.
  • I played for 90mins and really liked it. Haven't gone back to it yet, partly because I've put it in my Switch watch list as it'd be perfect for handheld play imo. Very strong start though.
  • acemuzzy
    Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    Well I didn't think I'd enjoy Unpacking, but it's curiously addictive. Nicely executed. Thumbs up so far.
  • Laptop is creaking with ps5/series x era games Tbh. Halo inf and forza 5 run pretty shit.

Have gone back to some other stuff instead. Reinstalled warframe. Looks mint on new monitor with hdr. And haven't lost that much in way of framerate.

Have dabbled in a few things today as work is slowing and Bball is on break.

Path of giants. Absolute bite of the mechanics in she remembered caterpillars. But nice so far.

Ninjka or however it's spelt. 2d big pixel thing. Lovely art style in opening and seems like it has a strong identity, but unsure I can be arsed. Think I like my 2d a bit more hand drawn these days.

Shattered: the forgotten king. Souls like that I gave a good run in EA. I know Tempy didn't rate the final product, but revisiting, I appreciate the extra purdies they've added. Fighting still isn't up to that much, but it's better than it was. May end up shitting the bed, but the art style and exploration are great. We'll see how long I last this time.

(bosses were very very patchy in EA.)

Still enjoying fights in tight spaces too.

I'm still great and you still love it.
  • Dark Soldier
    Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    Laptops are great but they decrease in performance at a rapid rate, sadly. Made that mistake myself in the past.
  • Hmm, about to upgrade to a new laptop.
    Might even go all amd this time with a Ryzen/Radeon 6800m combo.
    Although an Ryzen/nVidia 2070 also looks tempting.
    Steam: Ruffnekk
    Windows Live: mr of unlocking
    Fightcade2: mrofunlocking
  • If you really need the convenience of that portability then a laptop makes sense I guess, otherwise a desktop is a far better choice.
  • Up to chapter 5 on The Gunk. I don't want to complain too much about 'free' pie but I can't think of another game where the central mechanic is so tedious. The actual gunk sucking sucks.
  • Sable

I'm not all that fussed about the art style, honestly, but quiet exploration is my thing, so I'm enjoying it. As long as it's not too long I think I'll happily bumble through it.
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    Moot_Geeza wrote:
    Up to chapter 5 on The Gunk. I don't want to complain too much about 'free' pie but I can't think of another game where the central mechanic is so tedious. The actual gunk sucking sucks.

I'm at the same point and just want the end

• Disappointment of the year for me. I'll see it through because....I dunno (I&F allegiance maybe), but it's heading for a 5. It's so MOR it's more annoying than actual bad games.
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    Yeah I'm getting there. I've also had to hard quit 3+ times by getting caught on fauna
  • If you really need the convenience of that portability then a laptop makes sense I guess, otherwise a desktop is a far better choice.

I will have a proper home office space next year. You know what I'll be asking.
  • Shattered forgotten king really does do some things very right. The fighting isn't up to that much, but they've improved the consistency a great deal, and certainly through first major section, they've chilled the difficulty big time.

The scale of areas really is the impressive thing.

Not the second coming, by any stretch, but I really dig the world and will happily try and get through it and forgive it's missteps.
  • Maybe it’s worth going back to it. Towards the 20th hour it just lacked all direction when I played it, like they were just throwing in level architecture to have something there.

Started playing Darkest Dungeon 2. It’s more straightforward then the original, with a Slay the Spire style pathing and acts system. New 3D art is absolutely drop-dead gorgeous, the mega progression is… there, and the difficulty is about on par with Radiant from the original. Being able to get to the end of a chapter, even if you get obliterated by the boss, is more enjoyable to me than grinding the hell that was the first. That said, the relationship system feels even more punitive than the stress system, as it’s very easy to get into spirals of reinforcing behaviour as time goes on, and missing a clutch heal because your jealous/envious team mate refuses it, is nasty stuff.
  • Yeah, it does seem at the moment that winning or losing rests too much on stress levels. A few abilities to help reduce it make a huge difference. I'll probably wait until it's nearer completion before going back to it.
  • I called it on the gunk.

Still ploughing through far cry 6 and hopefully I’m nearly at the end.

Started and completed day one of Firewatch. The prologue is dark as fuck but I’m enjoying the actual game. I like the map and compass mechanic and I enjoyed the first day.
    The Forum Herald™
  • Have you played it before Bob? (Firewatch)
  • I’m worried I may buy FC6 in the sale as there doesn’t seem to be another ‘big’ game I’m interested in. Hopefully I’ll play that avengers game and that will fill the mainstream itch I like to scratch at this time of year. If only COD was £20 like it used to get to.
  • FC6 is one of the worst games I've played this year. I mean, I played a few obscure indie things that were technically worse, but I didn't despise them in the same way.

There must be better things on sale.
  • I mean it’s maybe not your cup of tea but it’s not a bad game .. it’s reasonably well
    Put together and generous
    The Forum Herald™

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!