Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    First uber-boss of Kena is actually... moderately hard? It's childlike in its rendering, but it still packs a bit of a punch. I'm sure dinner others here would get some enjoyment from it.
  • FranticPea
    Show networks
    Xbox
    FranticPea
    PSN
    FranticPea
    Steam
    FranticPea

Send message
    I wasn't Kena on it at all.
  • I found it all just about tolerable but then I couldn’t muster the energy to continue with it. It was just so fine that in the end I just Kena be bothered to carry on with it all.
  • acemuzzy
    Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    Yeah I may get to that point too. Guess it depends how long it is and if it shakes things up along the way...
  • Playing through Hellblade, Senua's Sacrifice after leaving it for too long and I'm enjoying the story telling, combat and the extremely intense atmosphere.
    Sometimes here. Sometimes Lurk. Occasionally writes a bad opinion then deletes it before posting..
  • First BIG BIG Boss in Shattered is a little annoying. But not that bad. Window on dodge timing is a bit harsh for my liking and I'm not sure they laid out the tells as well as they could. Currently one move that appears unblockable/dodgable which is giving me the shits. (Git gud is a possibility, tbf) Some of the finished areas which I hadn't seen previously though are absolutely stunning. Strong work with colours and lighting over a deliberately blocky looking world creates a spooky ninty meets ps1 feel. Music is top notch too.
    I'm still great and you still love it.
  • Bollockoff
    Show networks
    PSN
    Bollockoff
    Steam
    Bollockoff

Send message
    The Outer Wilds DLC: Echoes of the Eye has given me such a bad experience in the second half. Annoying since I really enjoyed the base game and the promise of the DLC was more of the same at the start.
  • acemuzzy
    Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    DrewMerson wrote:
    It’s a good job that super-fast loading is a thing on PS5, because losing to the boss I’m currently facing in Kena: Bridge of Spirits (which is happening over and over) puts me back to standing a few metres from the spot where I have to trigger the cut-scene before said fight. Thankfully, because of the fast loading, the time from the killing blow (including a moment to realise you parped it and subsequent fade to black) to charging at him again is a shade under 10 seconds.
    DrewMerson wrote:
    And, an hour later, that’s him finally beaten. There were points I thought that was going to be beyond my ability. I’d get him down to ½-⅓ health, and he’d obliterate me. Once I got him down to about a tenth of his bar, and then never got that close again until I beat him.

Glad I'm not the only one finding bits of it hard. Though now curious if this is a boss I've done it one that still awaits...

Edit: checks trophies... was the same one, phew...
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    Lost Judgment just gave me my first proper laugh at a game in a while, during a climactic sequence about bullying where the head teacher says
    Spoiler:

And then a wee trophy with that title pops up. Good shit, Ryo Go studio.
  • Was back on Dead Cells last night, which I've dipped in and out of since launch but never managed to get fully into. I've played it for over 10hrs though apparently (45 deaths now). I need to focus on it now, otherwise I'll be just as crap at it the next time I boot it up.

Also tried to get my head around Invisible Inc. again. I had it on PS+ ages ago and bounced off but handheld play is a patience multiplier for me. There's a lot going on but I have it on good authority (mainly Jon) that it's a belter in the long run.
  • acemuzzy
    Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    Jon no longer counts as good authority, I'm sorry to report. You need to trust the likes of me instead.
  • Sailwind -

tKNwZY8.jpg

A very chill and tactile sailing merchant simulator. Can be really quite challenging too, you need to use real world navigation techniques to keep yourself on course, and it can all go wrong out across the deep ocean. It's early access and still early days but it seems to be in good hands, with some exciting stuff to come on the roadmap. It's a very pretty game, and the ambient sounds of the waves and wind are very relaxing. Good game to play while watching/listening to other stuff.
  • I'm playing Aeterna Noctis, which is Metroidvania again. So far it's good enough. A bit fussy with the controls, but the level design is nicely complex. We'll see.
  • acemuzzy wrote:
    Jon no longer counts as good authority, I'm sorry to report. You need to trust the likes of me instead.

He's right though, once it stops being overwhelming it's very good. Some disastrous performance issues on Switch though, it was freezing for up to 5 seconds before a full reset just now (which seems to have sorted it out).
  • acemuzzy
    Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    Even a stopped clock...
  • I have always disliked AC games, whilst initially impressive they seem filled with bloat! However, I have picked up odyssey on the cheap, and what a game. Put in c15 hours with my wife. She likes to have the guide oops and then steer the progress. Great looking game, female protagonist is well voiced, interesting plot and side missions aren't fetch and carry bullshit. I appreciate it is old, but if you haven't had a crack, would recommend.
  • Lord_Griff wrote:
    I have always disliked AC games, whilst initially impressive they seem filled with bloat! However, I have picked up odyssey on the cheap, and what a game. Put in c15 hours with my wife. She likes to have the guide oops and then steer the progress. Great looking game, female protagonist is well voiced, interesting plot and side missions aren't fetch and carry bullshit. I appreciate it is old, but if you haven't had a crack, would recommend.

It’s far and away the best ac ever. Hope your playing as the girl.
    The Forum Herald™
  • Yeah, heard she was the better version.
  • Just Shapes and Beats is the ultimate Muzzy game. I hate to say it, because of the ultimate Muzzy thing, but it's absolutely magnificent. It's in a one day sale on Switch (only 25% off but it's the first time it's been on sale afaik).

Had to force myself to switch it off so I can play Dead Cells.
  • DrewMerson wrote:
    acemuzzy wrote:
    DrewMerson wrote:
    It’s a good job that super-fast loading is a thing on PS5, because losing to the boss I’m currently facing in Kena: Bridge of Spirits (which is happening over and over) puts me back to standing a few metres from the spot where I have to trigger the cut-scene before said fight. Thankfully, because of the fast loading, the time from the killing blow (including a moment to realise you parped it and subsequent fade to black) to charging at him again is a shade under 10 seconds.
    DrewMerson wrote:
    And, an hour later, that’s him finally beaten. There were points I thought that was going to be beyond my ability. I’d get him down to ½-⅓ health, and he’d obliterate me. Once I got him down to about a tenth of his bar, and then never got that close again until I beat him.
    Glad I'm not the only one finding bits of it hard. Though now curious if this is a boss I've done it one that still awaits... Edit: checks trophies... was the same one, phew...
    In case anyone is interested, this is said boss fight:

You’ve made that look quite easy tbh.  Don’t know what the fuss is about.
  • DrewMerson wrote:
    Well, yes, it always looks easy on a successful run.

:D
    The Forum Herald™
  • Played deep rock galactic with some pals for the first time last night. Absolutely blown away with my first session on it. The team work element with the different characters is brilliant. Building the refinery was amazing fun. Has the potential to be up there with sea of theives maybe.
  • Deep rock is such a solid and smooth experience that it's hard to believe it was made by such a small team.

I've just started playing loop hero on the switch a smidge awkward to play in this format but it works. I'm enjoying it enough but I'm not totally sold on it. I feel like it's missing that thing that causes a game to get its hooks into you like other games of this type. At least right now. I think it's partly because there seems to be a lot of parts of it left unexplained and maybe you're supposed to stumble upon them but the design doesn't really promote experimenting with tile placements or anything and other elements don't have tutorials when I think they could have used at least a little something something.
    Any tips from anyone who has put time into it?
  • Questor
    Show networks
    Steam
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/questornz/

Send message
    I really would love to play deep rock with actual people
  • Questor wrote:
    I really would love to play deep rock with actual people

It's free on ps+ on Tuesday.
  • Questor
    Show networks
    Steam
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/questornz/

Send message
    I have it on steam - but I also live in aus which means I don't line up with anyone here really in terms of online gaming

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!