A NextGen Console Poll!
  • beano wrote:
    Could you imagine the fight a glimpse at the results would spark? Graphs when the heat dies down...
    When the PS5 is announced?
  • Moto70 wrote:
    Are we going to see anything?

No. Beano is going to collate the graph, put it on his wall and masturbate furiously to it every night.

He likes graphs.
    Town name: Downton - Name: Nick - Native Fruit: Apples
  • beano
    Show networks
    Wii
    all the way home.

Send message
    "Better than a tech demo. But mostly a tech demo for now. Exactly what we expected, crashes less and less. No multiplayer."
    - BnB NMS review, PS4, PC
  • beano
    Show networks
    Wii
    all the way home.

Send message
    I'm busy and haven't a chance to clean it up...#dealwithit...I did delete a few abuse comments though!
    "Better than a tech demo. But mostly a tech demo for now. Exactly what we expected, crashes less and less. No multiplayer."
  • Skerret
    Show networks
    Facebook
    die
    Twitter
    @CustomCosy
    Xbox
    Skerret
    PSN
    Skerret
    Steam
    Skerret
    Wii
    get tae

Send message
    that comic, it rings true
    Skerret's posting is ok to trip balls to and read just to experience the ambience but don't expect any content.
    "I'm jealous of sucking major dick!"~ Kernowgaz
  • Moto70
    Show networks
    Twitter
    @jsm147
    Xbox
    Moto 70
    PSN
    MotoSeventy
    Steam
    [kia]_permian
    Wii
    Moto70

Send message
    Can we overlay this gen's data over it?

EDIT: I thought that chart was what console people were buying, what people favour means, at best, fuck all. It's what people are buying that matters.

You should have just had 'What console are you buying?' and 'What console do you currently own?'

I can't even remember what I pressed for which console do I favour as I don't favour either yet having not actually used either of them. Oh I see it was a question to rat out the fanboys.
  • Can you put the comments that are actually sensible in?
    If they're anonymous of course.
  • Next gen poll results in Pac-man shock.
  • beano
    Show networks
    Wii
    all the way home.

Send message
    Oh yeah results are live, as in they update.

@perm I said it was the first run and it can be changed. You might've read that. Points taken, there can be improvements for next time when people can be taken seriously on what they claim they are buying. 'Favour' was perfectly adequate on this run so wind yer neck in there, lad. *hugglefucks*
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    More than 5:1 in favour of the PS4. We may be witnessing the most disastrous console launch from a main player in history.
  • adored wrote:
    Next gen poll results in Pac-man shock.
    Inverted Pac-man. The anti-Pac-man?
  • Loving some of those comments
    true story: i used to have a boxer dog called Sam and it got an itchy ear and eventually had to be put down....
  • beano wrote:
    Oh yeah results are live, as in they update. @perm I said it was the first run and it can be changed. You might've read that. Points taken, there can be improvements for next time when people can be taken seriously on what they claim they are buying. 'Favour' was perfectly adequate on this run so wind yer neck in there, lad. *hugglefucks*

Yeah, favour is fine. What If i'm currently buying neither but on evidence presented one looks better than the other. That opinion is meaningless? HELL IT IS.

A 10p piece for finding my rawdata
  • acemuzzy
    Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    pie-i-have-not-eaten-7.jpg
  • Moto70
    Show networks
    Twitter
    @jsm147
    Xbox
    Moto 70
    PSN
    MotoSeventy
    Steam
    [kia]_permian
    Wii
    Moto70

Send message
    From a personal perspective I couldn't give a flying fuck what somebody favours but what they will be owning is altogether something different. Somebody could favour a XB1 because of it's wavy, media stuff but be getting a PS4 because of DRM and price. How much does favour matter now?

I originally asked the question and started the 'poll' because I am interested in knowing which version of multiplatform games it will look like I am getting.

Also I've got no reason to wind my neck in because it wasn't out or is it that on top of all the other 'fanboy' bullshit that's going on we're now trying to antagonise other forumites to get our kicks?
  • Why would you buy a console you don't want?
  • beano
    Show networks
    Wii
    all the way home.

Send message
    Erm, okaaaaay. I realise I now have to elaborate.

I meant wind your neck in in a joking / hugglefuck way. If you read it otherwise, I'll try harder in future. 

But more seriously, I had said words to the effect of "This is the first run, improvements can be made." and also "I wish I had listed DRM instead of used games." so stick your fanboyanoia, you thought wrong. Fair do's you might've skipped over the posts and the discourse hence my cordial yet joking tone but in reality your edit read like an abrasion and not like a criticism.

Though, you can't even remember what you filled in! Oh look, #lunchcopter!

Ciao.
  • Interesting (?) that there's only one person who plans to buy just the XBox...
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    Not unsurprising, though. Microsoft have royally screwed up.
  • beano
    Show networks
    Wii
    all the way home.

Send message
    Yep other XB1 favours are initially 'unsure' or buying both, though of everyone buying both only one favours PS4.
  • Moto70
    Show networks
    Twitter
    @jsm147
    Xbox
    Moto 70
    PSN
    MotoSeventy
    Steam
    [kia]_permian
    Wii
    Moto70

Send message
    Tempy wrote:
    Why would you buy a console you don't want?
    Who said anything about buying a console you don't want? I wouldn't expect anybody to do that and not sure what I have said that would imply that?

What I said is that some people, as crazy as this might sound, would maybe look at their next console not just from a playing games angle. They may be interested in Netflix, YouTube, Sky, Films and all the overlay stuff, they may be interested in ringing their grandad from the same machine they play CoD on BUT they may also rely heavily on getting their games pre-owned. If this is the case then they would favour a XB1 but know that realistically from a playing games side of things they will have to get a PS4, favouring one console doesn't automatically mean you hate the other console. I think there is a term for somebody that would think like that.

This is what I was trying to pint out, from my view, favouring a console is such a worthless piece of information for us here when the initial question was just to see what console/s we were all getting, not favouring, not maybe getting but actually hand in pocket handing over cash for getting.

As I type this I think I favour the XB1 but I am buying both, so does it matter what I favour?

Anyway I think it is clear from the list we can actually see that the PS4 is streets ahead of the XB1, now I am just curious as to who I'll be chatting to on which console on launch day.
  • 'Favour' = 'What console you prefer the look of right now'

Not everyone whacks in a pre-order the moment a console gets shown.  There's plenty time for people to change their minds.  You're not going to get a definitive answer from most people at this stage.
  • @moto70 well if you don't favour something you wouldn't buy it. Unless you had piles of cash. 

Survey was trying to gauge the current feeling, that's all. You get quite into this dontcha?
  • Matt_82 wrote:
    'Favour' = 'What console you prefer the look of right now'
    Yeah, or which one are you think you're most likely to get if you're currently undecided. That's how I read it.
  • Moto70
    Show networks
    Twitter
    @jsm147
    Xbox
    Moto 70
    PSN
    MotoSeventy
    Steam
    [kia]_permian
    Wii
    Moto70

Send message
    JonB wrote:
    Matt_82 wrote:
    Yeah, or which one are you think you're most likely to get if you're currently undecided. That's how I read it.
    The question of which console you were (or planning on) getting had been asked though. I'm not getting 'into' anything just merely expressing that I couldn't see the point of asking what console you were getting and then asking which one you favoured, and even more so when you could say you favoured neither console.

I like the look of both of them, were is the option to answer that way?
  • beano
    Show networks
    Wii
    all the way home.

Send message
    In life if you like two things you'll be more in favour of another in some respect.

I know of no bisexuals who like like cock and pussy equally.

It's one or the other never both.

You can do this with anything.

English Mustard or Chinese curry. I like the look the look of both but I prefer chinese curry sauce on my chip butty.
  • beano
    Show networks
    Wii
    all the way home.

Send message
    Also it depends what day it is. Hence 'moment'.
  • Moto70 wrote:
    JonB wrote:
    Matt_82 wrote:
    The question of which console you were (or planning on) getting had been asked though. I'm not getting 'into' anything just merely expressing that I couldn't see the point of asking what console you were getting and then asking which one you favoured, and even more so when you could say you favoured neither console. I like the look of both of them, were is the option to answer that way?
    I dunno. Who cares?
  • Moto70
    Show networks
    Twitter
    @jsm147
    Xbox
    Moto 70
    PSN
    MotoSeventy
    Steam
    [kia]_permian
    Wii
    Moto70

Send message
    Which was my point, who cares?
  • beano
    Show networks
    Wii
    all the way home.

Send message
    Survey was better than a running quote of quotes with 50 responses. Also I could see it fueling X is a fanboy / traitor blah.

@moto, you did. *wubs* FWIW it was 'console(s)' plural, la.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!