A NextGen Console Poll!
  • I switched from a 360 2-3 years in to a PS3 for various games, not regretted it. There isn't a lot the 360 has had that I fell I've really been missing.
  • acemuzzy
    Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    We need an update!  Who now thinks they're buying what?  Graphs!  Charts!  Figures!  Animated Gifs!
  • Erm... Still leaning towards PS4, but that controller... eugh. Might go for XBone just for the controller, even if it does cost me £80 more. Or maybe they'll stop bundling the useless Kinect by the time I buy one of the consoles.
    I am a FREE. I am not MAN. A NUMBER.
  • beano
    Show networks
    Wii
    all the way home.

Send message
    September will welcome a new poll.
    "Better than a tech demo. But mostly a tech demo for now. Exactly what we expected, crashes less and less. No multiplayer."
    - BnB NMS review, PS4, PC
  • I think I've swung back to the Xbox one camp now. The exclusives please me, the familiarity of the console and controller pleases me as does the ease of use and reliability of Live. I hated my PS3 and it hated me back so quite relived after MS' 180 turn
    Not everything is The Best or Shit. Theres many levels between that, lets just enjoy stuff.
  • Birdorf
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Martin Bird
    Twitter
    birdm68
    Xbox
    Birdorf
    PSN
    Birdorf
    Steam
    Birdorf
    Wii
    U: Birdorf, 3DS: 4382 3173 0928

Send message
    Was only really considering one for Forza or Drive Club, so unless one of them turns into the best racer ever, I'm probably out. Minecraft was an incentive, but I'll settle for the Vita version now.
  • Still firmly in the PS4 camp.
  • Raiziel
    Show networks
    Twitter
    #Raiziel
    Xbox
    Raiziel
    PSN
    NicheCode
    Wii
    Raiziel

Send message
    Both, though for the first time in a long time I'll be getting multi platform titles on Playstation rather than Xbox.
    Get schwifty.
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    The One is looking far more tempting to me now even with Kinect. Partially because Titanfall is looking pretty damn good.
  • Im out for now but I would swing towards xbox one if I wasnt.

Out, swing lol gufwaagh.
  • I'm still PS4, once again it's first party stuff that swings me. Dead Rising looks like it could be good fun, but one game isn't enough to sway me, it's probable it'll eventually go multiplat anyway.

I could go for an XB1 eventually as a second (well, third) console eventually, but only if it provides a game experience that I like that I just CAN'T get anywhere else.
    Town name: Downton - Name: Nick - Native Fruit: Apples
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    Pull the other one Sas, it's got bells on.
  • What other one?
    I could get an XB1, if it provides me with something I want to play. There's no other reason for me to get one is there?
  • I'm still going with neither until around Christmas 2014, but if I won a console at launch I'd prefer it to be an Xbox One for Crimson Dragon.  It's the only launch window exclusive on either console I'd buy if it was released on a machine I already own.
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    No, but I find it pretty hard to believe that there hasn't been enough exclusives over two generations of Xbox to tickle your fancy.
  • No, but I find it pretty hard to believe that there hasn't been enough exclusives over two generations of Xbox to tickle your fancy.

My cousin had an original Xbox and I bought Stranger's Wrath for it. At the time I was living in a house share and he was just around the corner. I played it once and then never again.

I nearly bought a 360 for Kinect for my son, and possibly Blue Dragon and Lost Odyssey, but got talked out of it by my wife and stepson as Alex wouldn't have really played on it, and with the JRPGs available on PS3 it wasn't worth the expense.

There's really no point in me trying to explain myself as everyone seems to have made up their mind that I'm a fanboy, but the truth of the matter is that Xbox just doesn't have any exclusives that appeal to me in that sense. The same goes for many others. Console exclusives are extremely polarising and can sway many people to choose one over the other.

I don't like MS, I don't really like Sony all that much either really, I prefer Sony's policies though. I prefer how they run their console gaming business. I've never been afraid to ditch a Playstation when their software library no longer appeals to me (switched PS1 for an N64 and a PS2 for a GC back in the day). But, hey ho. None of that really matters does it?

Edit: Oh, I almost forgot the years I gave up on console gaming to play WoW. That game was my life throughout a lot of the PS2/GameCube era.
  • Moto70
    Show networks
    Twitter
    @jsm147
    Xbox
    Moto 70
    PSN
    MotoSeventy
    Steam
    [kia]_permian
    Wii
    Moto70

Send message
    I think the PS3 won the exclusives title, for Forza you have GT and Halo is meh for me but would I like to be sat here without having played the Uncharted series or The Last of Us?

Would I fuck.

Also there was LBP which I know some people didn't like but I absolutely loved the creat mode, probably still one of highlights of gaming for me. But the 360 was just so much slicker with LIVE and the ease of party chat, invites, demos, everything. Without Naughty Dog the PS3 wouldn't have got a look in.

Anyway, the poll. I think it's quite clear which way I'm jumping and for what reasons, and that is for features and launch titles the PS4 isn't as good as the Xbox One for me.
  • Not as much between them now but the Xbox is still a lower spec machine at a higher price. Neither have great launch line-ups, but with Plus and the Vita integration the PS4 is a no-brainer.
  • acemuzzy
    Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    JMW wrote:
    Not as much between them now but the Xbox is still a lower spec machine at a higher price. Neither have great launch line-ups, but with Plus and the Vita integration the PS4 is a no-brainer.

That's pretty much it for me at the mo too. No exclusives swinging it much at the mo. Titanfall will be the first but is a way off. Killzone looks alright but not a swinger. Driveclub = forza.
    So yes, then there's existing investment in ps+ which helps. BC would have helped box for me, but ain't there. Kinect = meh.

Indie stuff is where things get interesting though, as a coder. Being able to run my own code would be amazing but ms currently light on details.

And then i have a decent pc, so what's the point anyway unless there's exclusives or a better MP crowd.

Tl;dr sitting on my ps4 preorder and the fence.
  • Not interested yet, but if I had to maybe PS4 just because higher price/kinect/lower spec of Bone, and just to switch for the hell of it this time round.
  • PS4 for me, Microsoft's 180s have been good and all but but they've just been bringing the XB1 up to the level of the PS4, and there's still the issue of the higher pricetag and Kinect-that-I-don't-want. I'm not massively swayed by either platform's exclusives, but the PS4 edges it for me because of that Media Molecule thing I wish I knew more about and the indie stuff. Plus Naughty Dog, Thatgamecompany, Pixeljunk etc.
  • XBOne all the way. For the exclusives and Live. The only reason I may pick up PS4 at some point would be Naughty Dog as theirs were the only games I bought for my PS3.
  • Ima buy Monopoly.
    Come with g if you want to live...
  • Show networks
    PSN
    Prankster
    Steam
    Prankster

Send message
    For me its not all about the exclusive launch titles. Because for a start, how many games look great and are hyped up, only to disappoint once you play them. So there is no guarantee any of the exclusive launch titles will be even worth investing time into.
     What really gets me wanting a next gen console, is a game like BF4. A game that yes, is coming out on current gen but will no doubt look and play smoother on a more powerful machine. Also, as it will be out sometime before the new consoles, that gives me plenty of time to watch live streams of actual gameplay and decide if i want to jump on board
  • Show networks
    Twitter
    theubermod
    Xbox
    Mod74
    Steam
    Mod74
    Wii
    Not Wii - 3DS: 0146-8922-2426

Send message
    Thatgamecompany, Pixeljunk etc.

by the by, Thatgamecompany is multiplatform now, and the next Pixeljunk game is PC and seemingly multiplatform console as well.
  • beano
    Show networks
    Wii
    all the way home.

Send message
    Awesome news, made up for them. It's what we need, if there's realisation of enabling the same mechanics cross platform, especially with TGC then convergence is just a matter of rent.
    "Better than a tech demo. But mostly a tech demo for now. Exactly what we expected, crashes less and less. No multiplayer."
    - BnB NMS review, PS4, PC
  • Still not interested in either system yet, but having just bought a house I will stick with what I already have until something essential comes along. But only PS4 is in consideration. Too many bad experiences with ms products have soured me completely.
    "Sometimes it's better to light a flamethrower than curse the darkness." ― Terry Pratchett
  • g.man wrote:
    Ima buy Monopoly.
    You don't own it already? Or is there a next-gen version?

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!