Mod74
    Steam
    Mod74
    Wii
    Not Wii - 3DS: 0146-8922-2426

Send message
    JonB wrote:
    Mod74 wrote:
    Excuse fucking me for stating an opinion. Go have a bitch at those loudly contesting it.
    Nothing wrong with stating an opinion. Well, the first few times at least. Just no need to be so antagonistic about it. I'm not singling you out as being antagonistic BTW, and all the people you've had arguments with, including myself, have been guilty of it at times. It takes two sides, it's just that more often than not you seem to be one of them. I'm not the first person to mention a rather unpleasant competitive atmosphere/tension in these threads, and I hope we can all do something about it. Edit: Perhaps my previous comment wasn't very constructive. Frustrations boiling over, I guess. Better having come back after a few hours away.

Hugs.
  • Slight stirrings no doubt.
  • Why no pc?
    Steam: Ruffnekk
    Windows Live: mr of unlocking
    Fightcade2: mrofunlocking
  • So, new forum poll? For me the PS4 is still more attractive.

I was thinking of making some sort of differences/pros-cons list but this seems to have most of it covered.

The Xbox One releases sometime in November for $499, while the PS4 will cost $399 and will be out sometime later this year.

The Xbox One requires a Kinect. The PS4 Eye is sold separately, which is partially why the PS4 is priced lower than the Xbox One.

The Xbox One has a "one-time system set-up," but after that, no internet connection is required. The PS4 does not require you to have an internet connection to start playing your games, although we don't know if it will have a day one update—or if it will also require a "one-time system set-up."

Indie support on the PS4 seems much stronger than on the Xbox One...but the Xbox One has Minecraft.

The PS4's controller has a touchpad, unlike the Xbox One's. The Xbox One has rumbling triggers, though.

The Xbox One has a new, expanded achievements system. We don't know anything about the trophy system on the PS4.

Both consoles support second screens. Xbox One utilizes "SmartGlass", which takes advantage of various phones and tablets. Sony's second-screen support also involves the PlayStation Vita, which you can use for PS4 remote play.

The Xbox One has a strong focus on other media, like television—it's aiming to be your go-to device in the living room. To that end, it has a fancy "snap-mode," which allows the system to multitask. Sony discussed television a bit at E3, but the system seems to primarily focus on games.

You have the option to download a game's multiplayer or single player first on the PS4, in case you'd like to jump straight into a specific portion of the game.

Neither system is backwards compatible, although Sony announced a plan to support PS3 backwards-compatibility through Gaikai, a streaming service, sometime in 2014.

Xbox One exclusives include Dead Rising 3, Ryse: Son of Rome, Quantum Break, Killer Instinct, and Sunset Overdrive. PS4 exclusives include inFamous: Second Son, Knack, The Order: 1886, Killzone: Shadow Fall.

I'm just gonna add to that list the PS4's standby feature, which is just like what the PSP/Vita/DS can do.

I think it's also worth mentioning XB1's lack of Bluetooth, and no included headset.

Apologies on the formatting, I couldn't quite fix it.
  • beano
    Show networks
    Wii
    all the way home.

Send message
    Yeah I was thinking of another but I'm still tempted to make it after summer, closer to launch. In fact I was dreading a post in here demand an instant poll. For the next one I'll make the recommended changes.

There's obvs a lot more to learn about both offerings and MS still have a shit load of work to do.
    "Better than a tech demo. But mostly a tech demo for now. Exactly what we expected, crashes less and less. No multiplayer."
    - BnB NMS review, PS4, PC
  • Ha yes sorry, it would probably be better to wait a bit. It's easy to forget that the launch is still some months away.
  • beano
    Show networks
    Wii
    all the way home.

Send message
    Indeed, anyone would think having pre-orders set in concrete and having a next-gen console at launch either gives you sought after glands and/or member(s).
    "Better than a tech demo. But mostly a tech demo for now. Exactly what we expected, crashes less and less. No multiplayer."
  • Do one at the start of each month.  It would be quite interesting to see how things change over time.
  • Do one every hour, I wanna feel this like the pulse of a heart, the idiot-conscience flip-flopping over each new piece of news, fanning itself at the undulations of causal relationships and correlating valleys and mountains of information.

PLUG ME IN BEAN
  • beano
    Show networks
    Wii
    all the way home.

Send message
    The Bean does not negotiate with gamers, unless it's WoW and we're talking raid loot.
  • I'm not looking forward to the moment where PS4 controllers are available for people to hold.  There will be much arguing and melodrama about changing pre-orders that day.
  • Not sure which way you mean that?
  • beano wrote:
    The Bean does not negotiate with gamers, unless it's WoW and we're talking raid loot.

No need. Raid looting has changed, especially for LFR. It's now impossible for people to ninja loot on bosses.
    Town name: Downton - Name: Nick - Native Fruit: Apples
  • Haha oh right. I do find it weird that some people write off the DS4 before they've even tried one.
  • Yeah we should all know it's been re-designed by now.  Until you hold it you don't know what it's like.

The arguments will be unbearable though.
  • Yeah I'm glad I'm not at school at this point in time, I remember arguments about N64 vs PS1.
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    Gonzo wrote:
    Sony first party support trounces microsoft's.

Meh. It's never blown me away. There are very few PlayStation games I've been jealous of over the past gen.

The indie stuff is much more of a consideration.
  • Yeah I'm glad I'm not at school at this point in time, I remember arguments about N64 vs PS1.

It was ST v Amiga and later on NES v Megadrive at school for me.
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    Spoken like a true lawyer.
  • Are there any exclusives going forward that'll really grab people. Gran Turismo will shift lots of PS4's, but that could be 2018. Everything else on both platforms looks to be in varying degrees of decline.

The one area where MS might have an advantage is all these servers, very handy if everyone is going to carry on playing MP shooters.
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    Honestly, the difficulty of finding work in the uk at the moment has me thinking that I might head to Saudi for a few months to teach English just to get some money behind me. If I do, I'm buying both. And maybe even a Wii U just because I'd be loaded.
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    Not forever. Not even necessarily for long, but I reckon I can put up with it for six months or so for two grand a month after tax and with a housing allowance chucked in on top.
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    I do need a new laptop, and those retina MacBook Pros look damn tasty.
  • Even though I've been a 360 gamer for as long as I can remember, I've always preferred the PS3 exclusives.

Halo, Forza and GoW just bore me to death after a while.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!