Pro Wrestling
  • He's such a petty little shit. Just fuck off, let your daughter and son in law run it, and live the high life of the dividends. Absolutely nobody want this.
  • monkey wrote:
    “WWE is entering a critical juncture in its history with the upcoming media rights negotiations coinciding with increased industry-wide demand for quality content and live events and with more companies seeking to own the intellectual property on their platforms.”

“The only way for WWE to fully capitalize on this opportunity is for me to return as Executive Chairman and support the management team in the negotiations for our media rights and to combine that with a review of strategic alternatives. My return will allow WWE, as well as any transaction counterparties, to engage in these processes knowing they will have the support of the controlling shareholder.”

Sounds like he's selling it to Netflix before fucking off again.

I've seen the opposite speculated which to me seems like the more vince move. By being involved in the sale he can negotiate that he stays in charge afterwards. He's already said he got "bad advice" when he resigned in disgrace and that he thinks it would have all blown over.
  • Man is a grade A cunt. I hope this backfires spectacularly.
    Come with g if you want to live...
  • Although we welcome your participation in the launch of a strategic alternatives review process, it is also our unanimous view that your return to the Company at this time, while government investigations into your conduct by the U.S. Attorney’s Office and SEC are still pending, would not be prudent from a shareholder value perspective. This determination is based on a variety of factors, including non-public information the Board has become aware of and the risks to the Company and its shareholders of placing a greater spotlight on these issues."

Interesting response from the board of directors
  • I haven't really kept track but did wwe improve that much without VK? Seems that while they brought back some people the overall style is still the (awful) same for the TV shows.
    SFV - reddave360
  • Dogfingers wrote:
    Although we welcome your participation in the launch of a strategic alternatives review process, it is also our unanimous view that your return to the Company at this time, while government investigations into your conduct by the U.S. Attorney’s Office and SEC are still pending, would not be prudent from a shareholder value perspective. This determination is based on a variety of factors, including non-public information the Board has become aware of and the risks to the Company and its shareholders of placing a greater spotlight on these issues."

Interesting response from the board of directors
    I T could be wrong but I think that statement was made before he used his power as the major shareholder to then sack the board and replace them with him and his cronies?
  • g.man wrote:
    Dogfingers wrote:
    Although we welcome your participation in the launch of a strategic alternatives review process, it is also our unanimous view that your return to the Company at this time, while government investigations into your conduct by the U.S. Attorney’s Office and SEC are still pending, would not be prudent from a shareholder value perspective. This determination is based on a variety of factors, including non-public information the Board has become aware of and the risks to the Company and its shareholders of placing a greater spotlight on these issues." Interesting response from the board of directors
    I T could be wrong but I think that statement was made before he used his power as the major shareholder to then sack the board and replace them with him and his cronies?

That was a response made on December 27 by the board to Vince's initial letter sent on the 20th. The thing I thought was interesting was the "this determination is based on a variety of factors, including non-public information"

Is there more filth?
  • Almost certainly. Might well be financial, given that they continued the investigation after he quit.
  • Watching Wrestle Kingdom, which apparantly means suffering through Kevin Kelly. I've no idea how this prick is still getting work. Absolutely stealing a living.

Skipped the 3 minute exibition, the "Most TNA Match Thats Not In TNA" match, and the old men alliance which shaved off 2 hours.
  • Watching Wrestle Kingdom, which apparantly means suffering through Kevin Kelly. I've no idea how this prick is still getting work. 

When couldnt-give-a-shit JR, Michael Cole, Excalibur and Tony Schivanoe are getting work, Kevin Kelly probably isnt that bad. I'm nagging on the AEW guys a bit there but to be fair at least they are bearable. Not sure who is on WWE but I reckon no matter who it is the quality is worse. Not necessarily because of the announcer (although cole was never good) but WWE commentary is so scripted. I think thats why the videogames sound so authentic. 

Bring back the days of Jessie and Bobby (proof you can have a relatively poor straight guy a-la Gorilla if the colour guy is top)
    SFV - reddave360
  • Cole is much better than he gets credit for, and since he's been released from the prison of having Vince screaming in his ear hes noticably more relaxed.

Even before that though, partnering him with Pat McAfee was a masterstroke. It's like he gained not only someone who helps him at work, but also a best friend. It's rather sweet really.
  • 1st Match: IWGP Junior Heavyweight Tag Team Championships: Catch 2/2 (Francesco Akira & TJP) vs CHAOS (Lio Rush & YOH)

I only know Rush and TJP, was very confused by the white ginger Italian called Akira. Was enjoyable, worth a watch.

2nd Match: IWGP Women’s Championship: KAIRI vs Tam Nakano

Very good, too short. Nakano is a bit too weeaboo for me, but she was impressive.

3rd Match: IWGP Tag Team Championships: FTR (Dax Harwood & Cash Wheeler) vs Bishamon (Hirooki Goto & YOSHI-HASHI)

This was, good, bar the finish.
    Spoiler:

Aside from that though, no complaints.

4th Match: NJPW World TV Championship- Ren Narita vs Zack Sabre Jr.

I missed a fair bit of this making tea, so will have to rewatch it to comment. Approve of dragging Rishi Sunak in his entrance mind.

5th Match: NEVER Openweight Championship: Karl Anderson vs Tama Tonga

Knew what the result would be here, and the botched finish didn't help, but this should have been better.

6th Match: Keiji Muto’s Last NJPW Match: Keiji Muto, Hiroshi Tanahashi & Shota Umino vs Los Ingobernables De Japon (Tetsuya Naito, SANADA & BUSHI)

I'll let Muto off for some slightly mistimed offence, because it's The Great fucking Muta and this also had Tanahashi and Naito, who have never disappointed me.

A great farewell to a great man.

7th Match: IWGP Junior Heavyweight Championship: Taiji Ishimori vs Hiromu Takahashi vs El Desperado vs Master Wato

I have absolutely no idea what the fuck was going on in this match. I suspect the "rule" graphic that showed up in kanji was important, but the commentary team didn't seem to think so. Its possible I missed the explanation but I have no idea what was happening.

LEC Presents Double main event I: IWGP United States Championship: Will Ospreay vs Kenny Omega

Jesus fucking wept. Don Callis has joined commentary. Kill me now.

Omega, who will apparantly never be 100% again appears to be trying to shorten his career even more here. This is the match we're here for though.

Not quite sure of the rules on this one either. You can try to kill a man with a table, but also there are count outs? Ospreay might bleed out before the end of this one.
    Spoiler:

WTF?

Double Main event II: IWGP World Heavyweight Championship: Jay White vs Kazuchika Okada

This is a lot slower than the last match, which is probably for the best. Some brutal back and forth, Okada's chest looks like there is an actual lump taken out of it.

If you prefer your wrestling being 2 people just smacking the shit out of each other, this will be the match for you.

After the match we get someone who can speak Japanese translating, which us the perfect time to start that.
  • Cole is much better than he gets credit for, and since he's been released from the prison of having Vince screaming in his ear hes noticably more relaxed. Even before that though, partnering him with Pat McAfee was a masterstroke. It's like he gained not only someone who helps him at work, but also a best friend. It's rather sweet really.

I'll take your word for it Dante, I dont watch enough to be a fair judge. Just never found Cole sincere in delivery and I associate him more than any with Vince-ism (I assume) catchphrases. As far as I know he is "in charge" of the commentary team and a bug reason for the generic tone.
    SFV - reddave360
  • Catching up with Rampage and Battle of the Belts and fuck me I did not expect Mox and Danielson vs Top Flight to be such a banger. Really laid it in to each other in a way I've not seen from Top Flight. Dante has always been spectacular but a bit weak looking
  • I've been working on it though m8.
  • You smashed it, 6 stars, no notes.

Really enjoyed the rest of Rampage which is nice. Super hot crowd and really fun matches. Fingers crossed they keep it up as for a long tíme It's not been worth watching.
  • I for one am shocked by this turn of events.
  • Looks like it's been sold to the Saudis as well
  • Well who would have thought?
  • This is the worst fucking timeline.
  • Undertaker vs Hulk Hogan in the main event of The Greatest Wrestlemania brothers!

https://twitter.com/OSWreview/status/1613026027508203520?s=20&t=AeHDNRVFjOvouz3RkR5ASA
  • Saudi’s in. Woman CEO out.

@dante love the wk breakdown, though you shouldn’t give muto any credit as he’s a total cunt to Hogan levels of twattery. Also I love Kevin Kelly!
  • Yeah, I watched the Nakamura match, which was great bar it switching to English halfway through and the dozy cunt on commentary giving away the finish. 

Then I saw the press conference and oh lord.
  • yGvfpkA.jpg
  • Surely a great marketing opportunity for AEW - the only American owned Major Wrestling promotion... in the US?
    SFV - reddave360
  • RedDave2 wrote:
    Surely a great marketing opportunity for AEW - the only American owned Major Wrestling promotion... in the US?

screen-shot-2015-07-29-at-8-41-22-am.png
  • Ah poor Billy...
    SFV - reddave360
  • Dave did say major tbf
  • The owner of AEW is Pakistani.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!