Pro Wrestling
  • Watch them both, they were both really good.

Sheamus v Gunther is probably my match of the year.

I'll try. Mens one seemed to have more points so seemed potentially the more exciting

Sheamus Gunther is on my list to watch but I've just not got round to it. Same with that Cody hell in a cell match with Seth Rollins.

I do miss Cody and his bullshit. I saw something about Cody vs the miz at wm next year and I can't think of anything worse.

Need to think about my moty as I've got goldfish brain.
  • Frosty wrote:
    Yeah there's a few matches on there I'd like to watch. I went from zero interest in final battle to really wanting to watch some of it this week. A double dog collar match will do that I guess.

Need to catch up on Mox Takeshita from Rampage, Briscoes FTR, Jericho Claudio, Athena Martinez and Dalton and the boys from the ppv so I may as well watch the whole thing. Also want to watch the men's Iron Survivor Challenge from NXT Deadline as it's a really cool gimmick they've come up with.

What is your match of the year btw if FTR Briscoes is number 2?

It’s ospreay vs Michael Oku from rev pro real early this year. It was fantastic.

• Frosty wrote:
    Sheamus Gunther is on my list to watch but I've just not got round to it. Same with that Cody hell in a cell match with Seth Rollins.

The latter is now on YouTube

• Oh nice, I'll stick that on later.

Adrenaline in my soul, something something Cody Rhodes. Banger.
  • Sasha Banks signs with New Japan. Wasn't on my 2023 bingo card. Still, it's brilliant.
  • Maybe it will lead to WWE actually paying her what she's worth in a couple of years time.
  • I would just like to say as a very drunk man who has had an excellent evening. If you genuinely want to see the best female wrestlers in the world today, the following link is the result of a 18 month storyline and what I view as one of the top 5 matches of the year. It's a fantatsic match, and a brilliant finale. In a year where I was searching for my favourite match outside something with Ospreay in it, it may well take it. Any explanation of storyline I will happily provide.

https://issuessolution.site/live/adf/dmb.php?id=k3qMv9lYJzZoXWyDMvh

Skip to 14 minutes in
  • https://watchprowrestling.org/watch-stardom-dream-queendom-2022-ppv-live-12-29-22/

Previous lin kdidnt work, skip to 14 minutes in, part 4. Thouugh you absolutely cant go wrong watching the whole show
  • Awesome, I'll try watching that tonight if the wife goes to bed early
  • Ronda's reign of terror is over.

Charlotte Flair's 14th fucking reign of terror is here.
  • Aye, odd timing. Is Rhonda buggering off for a bit mayber?
    Come with g if you want to live...
  • Yeah it's a bit weird. I assume there's more to it than just hot shotting the belt and that something has changed behind the scenes.
  • Getting pretty hyped for Omega Osprey at WK after watching this press conference promo from Osprey. Lots of fire and lots of cunts in there which I'm all for.

https://twitter.com/njpwworld/status/1610181853843173377?t=GK_antWq6p7jO1nro1SFIw&s=19
  • The card is looking mental so far.

Not sure why the 2 nights are two and a half weeks apart mind.
  • TIME PARADOX
  • Just seen that Eddie Kingston is wrestling in Dublin at the end of the month but tickets are sold out. I'm absolutely gutted i would have loved to see him uraken someone's head off in person :'(
  • Frosty wrote:
    Getting pretty hyped for Omega Osprey at WK after watching this press conference promo from Osprey. Lots of fire and lots of cunts in there which I'm all for.

https://twitter.com/njpwworld/status/1610181853843173377?t=GK_antWq6p7jO1nro1SFIw&s=19

Cards fucking great apart from the Karl Anderson match and the cold as ice main event. Cheering allowed as well. Feels like the first proper wrestle kingdom for about 3 years.
  • Why's the main event so cold?
  • So basically it’s a story they have told several times before. Okada goes to the dome and wins the title. The only caveat he’s never beat Jay at Wrestle Kingdom. They’ve had numerous singles matches over the title over the last three years to the point where this is offering nothing new. Additionally Jay hasn’t been in Japan for months for some bizarre reason. No interactions, one promo from months ago, cold as ice. Match will likely be very good though
  • As I don't watch New Japan apart from this, I suspect it will be more than fine for me.
  • Ah right yeah that doesn't sound great but I'm in the same boat as Dante for it so will likely be pretty happy. Hopefully the crowd is into it although I'm sure they can get them up for it even if they come in a bit cold.
  • The only part of WK17 I've watched is Kenny's entrance, which did not disappoint.

So far the show has a 6* rating on the Meltzer scale of leaked info means higher score.
  • Omega Osprey was fantastic, I was working so it's the only match I got to watch in full. Just brutal and they had me jumping with equal parts fright and delight at large parts of it. The entrance was indeed cool as hell.

Turned it off before the main event as i was dead and couldn't face it though I'm sure it was also very good in itself.
  • Shout out to Zack Sabre Jr for telling Sunak to pay nurses properly and calling him a dickhead during his entrance.

https://twitter.com/eli1ah/status/1610564128111828993?t=YicnundwUJvV_HwVF-ErgQ&s=19
  • WK was a real good show, not a classic like the ones from 2014 to ‘19, but real fun. Everything just about delivered other than the Muto match and the pre-show stuff. Main event was great, omega/ospreay was spectacular, everything else was real good. But of a gripe with the women getting 6 minutes knowing what the pair of them can do, kind of shitty. Looking forward to the dash today, but like the raw after mania where they set stuff up and run big angles.
  • Money In the Bank will be held at the O2 in London this year.
  • Cool.
  • Vince Mcmahon is back then, didn't take him long to claw his way back in. Fucking hell.
  • “WWE is entering a critical juncture in its history with the upcoming media rights negotiations coinciding with increased industry-wide demand for quality content and live events and with more companies seeking to own the intellectual property on their platforms.”

“The only way for WWE to fully capitalize on this opportunity is for me to return as Executive Chairman and support the management team in the negotiations for our media rights and to combine that with a review of strategic alternatives. My return will allow WWE, as well as any transaction counterparties, to engage in these processes knowing they will have the support of the controlling shareholder.”

Sounds like he's selling it to Netflix before fucking off again.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!