Pro Wrestling
  • No, apparantly he's gone from everything.

I wonder if what he made Titus do was the straw that broke the camel's back.
  • What was that then?
    Come with g if you want to live...

• There was no connection at all to anything on the rest of the show. It did... not go down well.
  • No, apparantly he's gone from everything.

I wonder if what he made Titus do was the straw that broke the camel's back.

He’s still the majority shareholder, not an expert on this but I would assume this still gives him majority voting rights until he relinquishes them.

• Yeah but that doesn't have anything to do with day to day operations of the company. 

The only thing he could do is control who is appointed to the board of directors I suppose.
  • Boom! Made it on the AEW Dark stream of the Pac vs LJ Cleary match from last fridays OTT show. First time going to a wrestling show and it turns out it's really good fun. Definitely going to go again

bU02U9G.png
  • Booking a place for Clash at the Castle, looks like being across the river from the stadium.

Any recommendations for stuff to do, places to eat/drink ect Crayon (or anyone else).
  • Summerslam starting soon. Could be good, or could be a trashfire.

Hoping that Vince not being able to change everything 5 minutes before they go out means its good.
  • Guys.

Watch Summerslam.
  • Dark Soldier
    Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    I will tomorrow my dude
  • Kat Dennings posted about watching her first Summerslam, and a bunch of fucking nerds steamed into her mentions telling her to watch AEW and New Japan.
  • Haha!  She's a brave woman posting that on the internet.

Thought it was a great show!  Awesome over the top main event and everything else was of a pretty decent standard IMO.  It seemed a bit less Vincey I think?  Commentary seemed a bit looser, and it only went for 3 and a half hours!  

God I hope WWE gets it together.
    When you got movies like Tom Cruise in them, you can't lose
  • Yeah, they needed to do something different in Roman-Brock MMXIV, and it delivered in spades.

The matches that suffered a bit were the tag match, which just fell off a cliff in the last couple of minutes, and the Smackdown Womens match which suffered from having Ronda Rousey in it. But other than that, it was a great show.

It was Ric Flairs Last Match (of 2022) last night, where he turned up looking like a Teletubby, and bled because of course he did.
  • Feel like the real test for triple h will be raw and smackdown. The premium live events have always been fairly good so making the weekly shows anything other than turgid would be a big win. Summerslam sounds like it was a step in the right direction though.

Flairs last match sounds about as awful as you'd expect. I don't want to see a 73yo do a 26 minute match with a blade job and then shaking and unable to stand by the end.

• The flair match was embarrassing, he didn’t look well. The lucha match on it though was fantastic.
  • Any time Will Ospreay and Shingo Takagi are in a singles match it’s utter fucking magic. Ospreay for me is the best in the world. He’s been incredible this year.
  • Watching wrestling the way God intended.

20220820-132647.jpg
  • PCW, they do a free show every year. It wasn't anywhere near as busy this year, but they usually have international talent booked and this was just UK wrestlers.
  • Went to Rev Pro at the weekend. Real good show with three crackers:

300561612_10166737061055360_6248555451253951_n.jpg?_nc_cat=105&ccb=1-7&_nc_sid=730e14&_nc_ohc=bECbCbry8V8AX_C9geb&_nc_oc=AQl91BY2RvLCOzDeWVng-N_cQa1ISkHsFR9NUYi5sVRgBwZXubcZPBx_dmIDRQl_Y0UNDvWnx4ALYR7mg3ioBSxz&_nc_ht=scontent-lcy1-1.xx&oh=00_AT_7DS4JqC9sTZQKwFDwGvJXhlaU46T8CxyX_s4iJsDUCw&oe=6309E5E8

300895194_10166737060940360_6882172147242742007_n.jpg?_nc_cat=107&ccb=1-7&_nc_sid=730e14&_nc_ohc=88dweQOq93gAX9q2Rb6&_nc_ht=scontent-lcy1-1.xx&oh=00_AT-HwdUnNgGVeJAGYo843ifIhvc2kXHEvXyk4FLQdDPRuQ&oe=630ACDA8

300517360_10166737060835360_4733166966091325911_n.jpg?_nc_cat=109&ccb=1-7&_nc_sid=730e14&_nc_ohc=DW2IB2Iy0BoAX8Nz81L&_nc_ht=scontent-lcy1-1.xx&oh=00_AT_KCMQ-A1DWmQD_TKXKF7ns2uXTmcOiHU92UnR3BsikFA&oe=630994D9
  • So apparently AEW is turning into a shit show backstage:

Thunder Rosa/Britt (Shoot)
    Sammy G/Eddie Kingston (Shoot)
    Hangman PAge/Cm Punk (likey a shoot)
    Omega/Ospreay (Unclear, though given Dynamite I'm thinking this is a work)

I'm enjoying the frig out of the shows and to be honest all this angst is making it more interesting.

On a side note, tickets got for this:

Fa6BRYCagAAeoAf?format=jpg&name=large
  • What did you make of the title match? I was shocked and slightly disappointed but the mox promo later in the show pulled me back in. I'm now very curious in how it'll play out next week and at the ppv.

Saw this on twitter but symmetry between the snow angels last week and Punk lying prone after the match this week was fantastic
  • I liked it as an angle. I think although the main title has been well booked it’s got too predictable. This was completely out of the blue and I have no idea where it’s going but I’m happy to be along for the ride.
  • I suspect Dante is having quite a good time this evening
  • Frosty wrote:
    I suspect Dante is having quite a good time this evening

Fucking hell lads. What a night.

fCVoVVX.png

I can highly recommend staying in a place you can see the arena from.
  • I have a rare day off today, so I have opted to pony up my tenner and watch this on the network this morning. Managed to avoid all spoilers so far. This better be good Dante!
    Come with g if you want to live...
  • Jesus wept at the Punk/Bucks stuff. Absolute dumpster fire.
  • I am consuming hot goss long after the fact. It's all rather compelling.
  • I'm totally out of the loop, what does Colt Cabana have to do with this?
  • I still have very little idea, it's great.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!