Pro Wrestling
  • Frosty wrote:
    I'm kinda here for the hardys bucks match after the bucks come out dressed as the hardys on Rampage. It was hilarious and it really made me go from dreading this match to giving them a pass. Turns out the bucks can sell almost anything.

Just put on their Generation Me gear did they?
  • Wish I could watch this live, the MJF thing's actually made it even more interesting. Loads of speculation about Punk joining Bullet Club. Watching the Buy In then off to bed.
  • Jesus it's almost 5 hours including the hookhausen match on the buy in. Going to take me a couple nights to get through.

I would love a tight 3 hour ppv. Maybe 3 and a half max.
  • Made the mistake of opening YouTube there, and those fuckwits at WhatCulture have spoiled the major results with their thumbnail and video title.
    Absolute clowns.
    Come with g if you want to live...
  • I've just had the main event spoiled so I feel your pain.
  • Made it to the end of the Womens title match before having to tap out. It's been mostly good so far.

Make sure you eatch the Buy In, because thats where the Hookhausen match is.
  • Very good ppv that started slow but really picked up at the Darby match.
  • Yeah, was a good show.  A show though where either I wish they cut a few matches or I watched it over 2 nights.  Just too much of a good thing.

Hard to pick a favourite match but probably House of Black V Death Triangle.
    When you got movies like Tom Cruise in them, you can't lose
  • I'm only up to the women's Hart final. Will try and finish tonight but there feels like a long way to go.

Been decent so far though I can't say the hardys bucks match was any good. They probably saved it back by the end but Jeff especially looked dead on his feet.
  • Well now...

Come with g if you want to live...
  • MJF is great. I've no idea what's a work and what's a shoot but that was amazing.

It's hard to argue when the match graphic for last night had fucking "Johnny Elite" on it doing shit. Why the fuck is he back? I didn't want to see John Morrison the first time.
  • It was a great delivery and MJF is indeed great but... anyway else tired of bookers trying to blend work/ shoot concepts?

By all means the idea of MJF being a disgruntled prize fighter who feels he isn't getting the biggest fight money or title shots is grand for a plot line but when a wrestler tries to pretend they are going off script by using their real name and shouting down the owner while still on a produced show in this day and age is done for me.

Also - double or nothing was a good example of the best and worst of aew. Pity they seem to be following the wwe trend of more is better. Also jericho and moxley doing a fine job of obscuring Kingston and danielson under a mountain of garbage wrestling.
    SFV - reddave360
  • Ignore the potato video quality, just listen. This is possibly the best shoot promo ever. Seems to have been the template for any work shoot promo since.

"I just realised something, they just gave me a live mic on Pay Per View".

• Love Joe but thats exactly the stuff I thing is tired and old (and was in 2007 imo) 

It does nothing for nobody. It buries the company. It buries all the workers. It buries the whole idea of what wrestling is about. 

Its not the idea of a wrestler speaking their mind or pulling the curtain back that I have an issue with. Thats all very entertaining but it seems so out of place and stupid in the confines of a TV show or a ppv. Especially know as we have twitter, podcasts - there are loads of places for it to be presented.
    SFV - reddave360
  • That's not a work shoot, that was 100% real. Nash punched Joe backstage after the match because of it.
  • That's not a work shoot, that was 100% real. Nash punched Joe backstage after the match because of it.

Nah. The comments may be real, Nash might have been pissed off about it (which shows how stupid this stuff is - it encourages employees to punch each other) but TNA allowed that mic to stay live and didnt cut the feed. This has the smell of Russo all over it so would not be surprised if Joe was told to Shoot as Russo loves blending the backstage with the main story.

Put it this way, if Soma Joe had said anything that Panda Energy would have had to go to court over,  pretty certain Dave in the truck was getting the nod to cut that shit off right away.
    SFV - reddave360
  • https://prowrestlingstories.com/pro-wrestling-stories/samoa-joe-kevin-nash/

According to this, Joe was instructed to "Get him" in relation to Scott Hall so while the interview wasnt scripted, it was directed. Thats not a shoot, thats how most promos used to be. But even though the promo itself is good it achieves nothing. It pops the lowd crowd at best but it doesnt help the situation and I doubt it helped TNA in ratings or PPV buys.
    SFV - reddave360
  • I THOUGHT I was over that style of promo, but I loved it.  Maybe I'm just a fucking mark like Tony, haha

That said I'll revise my opinion if Tony becomes a proper on screen character.
    When you got movies like Tom Cruise in them, you can't lose
  • That Dynamite was maybe the worst since it began. I'm now ludicrously non-plussed about this Forbidden Door PPV that I was previously very excited about. If they waste Okada in a fucking 3 way with Cole and Ospreay in a tag match, Khan is a massive pillock.
  • I've only watched the battle royal and the Pac vs Matthews match and enjoyed both quite a bit. The new belt is a total waste of time though and is just a cheat to try and give some of the 1 million men on the roster something to do.

The 60s Eddie Kingston promo was also amazing. I think he's my favourite wrestler now.

But yeah forbidden door really seems to be gearing up to be a bit shit. None of the cross overs or surprises feel special any more, there's been too many Johnny Elites, Big Cas, and Big damo level pish that's taken a lot of the shine off.
  • No talk about Cody?

cody-rhodes-3-1140x570.jpg

Absolute madlad.
  • Yeah that must have sucked to wrestle. I didn't watch it but it sounded incredible
  • Frosty wrote:
    I've only watched the battle royal and the Pac vs Matthews match and enjoyed both quite a bit. The new belt is a total waste of time though and is just a cheat to try and give some of the 1 million men on the roster something to do.

The 60s Eddie Kingston promo was also amazing. I think he's my favourite wrestler now.

But yeah forbidden door really seems to be gearing up to be a bit shit. None of the cross overs or surprises feel special any more, there's been too many Johnny Elites, Big Cas, and Big damo level pish that's taken a lot of the shine off.

So many dream matches to be had and we’re weeks away and so far there’s fuck all. Tanahashi (hopefully) v Moxley which is fine, a potential 3 way for the IWGP title which sucks. And a 4 way with three aew guys and 1 new Japan guy. Also sucks. Can they not just give me Ishii v Miro, or pac v Shingo. This isn’t hard.

• I've just found out that AEW are introducing another title.
  • And not a trios title
  • I've just found out that AEW are introducing another title.

24/7?
    He could've just said they came from another planet but seems keen to convince people with his bullshit pseudoscience that he knows stuff. I wouldn't trust him with my lunch. - SG
  • It's not that bad yet
  • Dark Soldier
    Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    No talk about Cody?

Absolute madlad.

What happened?
  • No talk about Cody?

Absolute madlad.

What happened?

Tore his pec then wrestled a banger (by all accounts) of a hitc match. I've seen the moment he took his jacket off and it's pretty badass.

Edit - Just seen big Dave has given it 5* and its the first main roster 5* rating for 11 years.
  • Dark Soldier
    Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    Damn fair fucks to the lad

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!