Pro Wrestling
  • His justification was because it was a full tear, no more damage could be done, it would just hurt like fuck.

Sucked that Cardona got injured and the match with Aldis didn't happen, but they did the best they could with it, and he has a ready made angle for his return. Was never beaten for the title, start calling himself the real world champion.
  • https://www.reddit.com/r/SquaredCircle/comments/vai9yd/spoilers_full_video_of_knockout_and_aftermath_at/

Kind of amazing this shit still happens in Pro Wrestling. Nakajima is a fantastic wrestler but an absolute fucking dick.
  • The comments are filled with people saying "he's not no selling, that's just his gimmick!" If that's the case, it's a really shit gimmick.

I don't believe it for a second though. If that were the case, why would he keep hold of the ropes when Endo tries to whip him away? Plus the flick of the arms just after that.

Every moment of that was awful to watch so if it's on script until Endo is knocked out, everyone involved is stupid. I think it's far more likely that Nakajima alone is just stupid.
  • The comments are filled with people saying "he's not no selling, that's just his gimmick!" If that's the case, it's a really shit gimmick. I don't believe it for a second though. If that were the case, why would he keep hold of the ropes when Endo tries to whip him away? Plus the flick of the arms just after that. Every moment of that was awful to watch so if it's on script until Endo is knocked out, everyone involved is stupid. I think it's far more likely that Nakajima alone is just stupid.

Yep I agree, it's the not going for the irish whip then the attempt at the high kick that clumsily hits the ropes that give the game away. The real giveaway though is when Big Uncle Jun comes up to him afterwards and Nakajima shits himself. Looks like a child getting scolded. He's an all round arsehole. Numerous stories of him and his old trainer Sasake beating the shit for real out of trainees, Kento Miahara from All Japan wont work with him due to bullying and got in trouble for smacking the shit out of someone at a press conference the other week.
  • Nick Kahn’s going through McMahons like a knife through butter.
  • Dogfingers wrote:
    Nick Kahn’s going through McMahons like a knife through butter.

Is this about the vince thing? Not surprised it happened, just that it took this long to come to light.
    SFV - reddave360
  • Rumours abound that Sasha Banks has been released by WWE?
    Come with g if you want to live...
  • Vince stepping aside whilst this is investigated.

I'm hoping this means from ALL duties, so he won't be able to ruin the weekly shows.
  • We could be entering a golden age of wwe with old man mcmahon stepping aside. Who's booking while he is out?

Ah fuck, it's Prichard...
    SFV - reddave360
  • He's still in charge of creative apparently and is even going to appear on tonight's smackdown. A bold choice.
  • Oh great, so he's got even more time to meddle.
  • This is excellent news. I hope the cunt rots in jail (highly unlikely but still possible)
  • g.man wrote:
    Rumours abound that Sasha Banks has been released by WWE?

That's this confirmed now. Madness.

I was reading yesterday that they're view is that she's a mid level talent (like 99% of the roster) and can just be cloned. Such a waste.
  • She's a John Cena level talent. They're fucking nuts.
  • Classic Kurt Angle there
  • I have to admit I was hoping Vince would have some kind of unhinged meltdown promo on Smackdown.  Was surreal but I’m not sure what the point was.
    When you got movies like Tom Cruise in them, you can't lose
  • Probably just to get as many eyes on the show as possible.
    SFV - reddave360
  • I have to admit I was hoping Vince would have some kind of unhinged meltdown promo on Smackdown.  Was surreal but I’m not sure what the point was.

Ratings.
  • This has been the most mental news month in wrestling I can remember
  • Well now. The Kevin Owens v Elias/Ezekiel pay-off was absolute genius...

Come with g if you want to live...
  • I don't know how to embed tweets, but here's a short clip of Bruno Sammartino vs Stan Hansen from MSG in 1976. The fucking noise of the crowd is what today's talent dream of.

https://twitter.com/vintagepuro/status/1538992415754919936?s=20&t=IhH1agxjAOMg7BeBScUGwg
  • Anyone see the Impact PPV? It was real good. Might tune in again, though last time I did this I quite after an hour due to some shite reality TV thing they had on it.
  • Not seen it yet. With Cardona injured and the Iinspiration retired my main motivation for watching is gone.

The Queen of the Mountain match sounds good like.
  • It was real good, so was the x division match and the tna all stars 10 man
  • Jesus i'm not hyped for forbidden door at all. No idea how this opening promo from Brian Danielson about the previously unannounced dream match that's now not happening was supposed to sell it to me. I might be cynical here but the fact that their keeping it a surprise inherently means it must be a step down from Danielson. so... Big shrug?

Other than Mox vs Tanahashi The rest is all multiman soup.

I'm sure the matches will be great but that's mostly a given these days.
  • Yeah.  I'm sure I'll enjoy it, and I've got the day off so may as well watch it.  Just seems like they're cramming too much in, and there's not much excitement about it.  They could've sizzled this up better.

I loved Christian the other night on Dynamite, have had no strong opinions on him in AEW but thought he was a hilarious piece of shit.
    When you got movies like Tom Cruise in them, you can't lose
  • Christian's promo absolutely ruled and was the best thing on Dynamite this week. It was the only thing that felt focused and was telling a coherent story. He's really good at this.

For weeks now everything else has been building to multiple shows at the same time and it's really killed it.
  • Some of this isn’t their fault give a massive amount of injuries plaguing both promotions but Jesus any monkey could have booked this dream show better. Whether there’s political issues with people taking the L or not, this card is an insane disappointment given what could have been. Could hangman not lose to okada in a singles? Could hiromu not lose to Darby? Waste

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!