SECRET SANTA 2014 GET SIGNED UP..
  • beano
    Show networks
    Wii
    all the way home.

Send message
    You have to mark it as a gift. Then you can choose just a msg for free, printed on the delivery slip or wrapping at a charge with the tag and message. Marking as gift also removes the content's value(s) from the slip. ALthough you can opt to leave them where they are.

You can't get these options if they don't come from amazon's warehouses. i.e. 3rd parties who operate from their own premises. As third parties can pay amazon to do the grunt work and store your stock and you just do the stock buying.
    "Better than a tech demo. But mostly a tech demo for now. Exactly what we expected, crashes less and less. No multiplayer."
    - BnB NMS review, PS4, PC
  • Also, I just realised looking at pics my recipient was one item short. Checked my emails and sure enough it was cancelled due to lack of stock, and I hadn't noticed. Just ordered a similar thing, so hopefully this time they'll have it in.
  • Mine was the same Stoph except I got a message.  I was a bit envious of the lengths other santas had gone to at first but really it's cool, it's just some folks really went to town!
    Today is the shadow of tomorrow.
  • Regardless of how the item is delivered there hasn't been a Jon or reg gate this year. Yes I know who it was.
    I also know there were the best of intentions behind it as well.
    I apologise for lack of gifting presentation.
    Sometimes here. Sometimes Lurk. Occasionally writes a bad opinion then deletes it before posting..
  • Gonzo wrote:
    Dramas, feelgood, this three has the lot. Name and shame!

Yes, it does. Non denominational secret Santa..

Sometimes here. Sometimes Lurk. Occasionally writes a bad opinion then deletes it before posting..
  • I also know there were the best of intentions behind it as well.

Rev, that'll do for me. Apologies for making a mountain out of a molehill and to my Santa.
    Just seemed a touch impersonal and I'd had some cack news so over-reacted more than I ordinarily would. 

Hugs, bro fists and talculm powder all round. xxx
  • beano
    Show networks
    Wii
    all the way home.

Send message
    <3
    "Better than a tech demo. But mostly a tech demo for now. Exactly what we expected, crashes less and less. No multiplayer."
  • Drunken Christmas group hug!
  • i don't think anyone should be made to feel bad for sending gifts direct from the retailer, whatever the reason.  i did it last year (though as a 'gift' option), this year i decided not to but in the end probably spent as much on postage as i did on the gifts!
    when the target spend is £10 people shouldn't feel pressured to have to spend more, get amazing gifts and go to great lengths wrapping and delivery etc.
    "Like i said, context is missing."
    http://ssgg.uk
  • It's all just a bit of fun. I'd have been disappointed had no gift shown up at all, but i'd not make much of a fuss if i didn't like the present (i never like my presents) or if i felt not much effort went into choosing mine (because i sometimes give the impression that i didn't put thought into choosing a present, where as in reality i'm just really shit at buying presents). You never can tell with these things.
  • I took the time to carefully wrap my victim's present.  In other words, I got the wife to do it because I'm fucking awful at wrapping presents!

But I carefully monitored my victim and I think he/she likes what I got them :D
  • Petey
    Show networks
    Twitter
    peterhughesdev
    PSN
    windupharlequin
    Steam
    windupharlequin

Send message
    Still waiting on mine (although I was notified well in advance that there'd be a bit of a delay, so no hard feelings at all) - would appreciate if my Santa was left anonymous, at least until gifts are received.
    The janitor.
  • Kazuo wrote:
    153F5A30-4530-4574-9E12-687AFFE03397_zpslcso24ud.jpg This didn't seem to post correctly first time around so I repeat: Santa yass!

Did you get anything else?
  • I bought one of those prints and they are bloody lovely, cost a bit more than a tenner and def worth it :)
  • beano
    Show networks
    Wii
    all the way home.

Send message
    The paper is some sexy high tier import shit.
  • Olimite
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Olimite
    Xbox
    Olimite
    PSN
    Olimite Too
    Steam
    ceequeue

Send message
    Just wanted to drop in to thank my Secret Santa for my card and pressies, which I opened today finally. They have brightened up what is a pretty crappy time for me at the moment.

I'm already confined to bed as this virus is being a right bastard to me but will try and post some pictures tomorrow.

MASSIVE props to Rich for sorting this all out - he knows why (and it won't be forgotten).

I hope you are all well.
  • Happy Christmas Oli!
  • Merry Christmas all.
    The fact that us sort of merry band of semi-strangers manage to pull off quite a big scale secret Santa really is the indicator of the strength of this community. Next gen thread or no.
    Big ups again to the best pup ever for sorting this out and keeping the present train rolling.
    It's always a tricky thing but I think it's safe to say everyone put in as much thought and effort as they could afford. It doesn't always quite work out but hey, that's Christmas innit.

I'm already looking forward to next year.
  • FranticPea
    Show networks
    Xbox
    FranticPea
    PSN
    FranticPea
    Steam
    FranticPea

Send message
    Thanks again to my Santa. The Peas! book is now my sons new favourite bedtime story and he finds it hilarious when the "I don't want peas" bit shows up.

Top work :D
  • Yes, big thanks for top dog for sorting this. Already looking forward to next year's one!!
    I am a FREE. I am not MAN. A NUMBER.
  • Same here elf, was just coming on to say the exact same thing! Favourite thread on this forum. Rev is a star for organising it all.
  • beano
    Show networks
    Wii
    all the way home.

Send message
    So long as someone thinks about next year, and battles to run it, even if it starts before child's play don't matter.

Love yous.

A toast to absent and the absent minded.
  • Bollockoff
    Show networks
    PSN
    Bollockoff
    Steam
    Bollockoff

Send message
    The manufacturing costs the guys must save on these remote controlled cars by ditching the actual remotes.
  • I wouldn't mind having a go at running it next time. If circumstances permit at that point.
  • hylian_elf wrote:
    Yes, big thanks for top dog for sorting this. Already looking forward to next year's one!!

tumblr_llpoj5v0cv1qfcsteo1_400.png

HELLO. YES, THIS IS REV.
  • That's my cover blown.
  • Thank you for all the nice messages. Means a lot.
    I just ran the spreadsheet, that's all.
  • Cheers for arraging it all.

I'm glad my poster seemed happy since with a baby on the way money is pretty tight, and compared to the massive generosity of some folk here I feel a bit bad about it. Think I got something that fitted with his or her collection though.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!