PC gaming.
  • Tempy wrote:
    Heh, I know. It sounds like they've improved the audio and visuals... are they testing the waters for some kind of remake? You can also insta-level your characters, which should make it a nice relaxing experience.

Sounds like a hack more than anything else.
    A way for fans to replay the bits they want to play with very little fuss?
    If they plan to remake VII, then they need to start releasing details for the FFX remake, and then get to work on a IX one.
    Town name: Downton - Name: Nick - Native Fruit: Apples
  • It is perhaps one of the most confusing business decisions I've ever seen a big company make, omitting to remake a game that would practically print money for them. They could sell limited editions at £300 and probably sell them all in minutes.
  • Tempy wrote:
    It is perhaps one of the most confusing business decisions I've ever seen a big company make, omitting to remake a game that would practically print money for them. They could sell limited editions at £300 and probably sell them all in minutes.

Maybe they'll do that to fund their next movie endeavor?
    Town name: Downton - Name: Nick - Native Fruit: Apples
  • Ugh, no no no
  • Might attempt to get FFXII working on my PC through an emulator. Never finished it and after listening to FF music all morning I quite fancy getting back into it.
  • Mod74 wrote:
    I'll keep an eye out. You know in ARMA II, is there a "proper" way you're supposed to play it? I assume there's the "support your team, move as a group" way. But I was playing last night and with no voice comms or chat window (need to work that out) I just ninja'd into a mosque we were apparrently supposed to be attacking. (Domination game?). The defenders didn't spot me so I essentially spawn raped about 6 of them. Was that bad form?
    Domination is a coop game so you are playing against AI (I don't think you should actually be able to see the ai spawn though). The way it works is you are given a town to capture which is choosen at random and your team has to clear it out of enemies to capture it - as you capture towns you'll unlock new vehicles. Each time you capture a town a new one to capture will be chosen at random.

To use the voice comms use the , and . keys to switch between channels. There are a few different channels and the one you're in determines who can hear you:

Direct - people (including the enemy in PvP) within 80m can hear you (it's directional and volume depends  on how close they are), and 40m can read text chat.
    Side - All the players on your side.
    Vehicle - All the players in your current vehicle.
    Group - All the players in your squad.
    Global - Everyone on the server.

To use voice push capslock or double tap capslock to keep the channel open.
    To write a message use the / key.

If you wanna try some PvP i'd recommend you download Project Reality (Yup, another mod). It's only in beta but I was playing it the other day and I forgot how great it is. People actually talking to you and working together is a lot of fun. Do you want to add me on steam and we can have a game some time? I can help you learn the ropes. Arma can be daunting at first but if you stick with it, it will really pay off because it has so much to offer.
  • Show networks
    Twitter
    theubermod
    Xbox
    Mod74
    Steam
    Mod74
    Wii
    Not Wii - 3DS: 0146-8922-2426

Send message
    Those were AI players?

No way! They don't fuck about do they?!

Is that why they kept parachuting in to defend then, thought that was a bit weird.
  • Gah! FFXII is downloading at about 100kb/s so by the time it's finished the itch will probably have gone.
  • Show networks
    Twitter
    theubermod
    Xbox
    Mod74
    Steam
    Mod74
    Wii

Send message
    I've tried three days running now to add Friends in Steam by pasting the usernames here into the search box and it says "This feature is not available at this time.".

Am I doing it wrong or is it actually down for three days?
  • Not sure, what's your steam name and i'll try to add you?

Also, search in groups for the bear and badger, join it and you can view the people that have joined and add from their profile page.
  • Mod74 wrote:
    I've tried three days running now to add Friends in Steam by pasting the usernames here into the search box and it says "This feature is not available at this time.".

Am I doing it wrong or is it actually down for three days?

Are you trying to search for friends in the Steam Library? You probably need to go to Friends or Community.
  • Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    Finding people is s bit tricky sometimes. You need to search in the right place.
  • Yeah, Steam can be an absolute piece of shit when trying to do certain things.
  • Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    I found adding people only worked when I tried it in the little pop out friends box.
  • acemuzzy
    Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    Mod74 wrote:
    I've tried three days running now to add Friends in Steam by pasting the usernames here into the search box and it says "This feature is not available at this time.". Am I doing it wrong or is it actually down for three days?

When I tried to add you just now, it said:

"
    [font=Arial, Helvetica, Verdana, sans-serif]This user has not yet set up their Steam Community profile.[/font]
    [font=Arial, Helvetica, Verdana, sans-serif]If you know them encourage him/her to set up their profile and join in on the gaming![/font]
    "

Seems you are doing it wrong...
  • acemuzzy
    Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    But yes, joining our merry group is probably easiest (you may also need to do some more profiley stuff for that) - see link in my sig.
  • You Mod74 by the name of Paul, Mod?

http://steamcommunity.com/id/Mod74
  • acemuzzy
    Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    his networky link thing says ubermod.
  • Oh. Who knows then.
  • Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    That's surely him - Metro 2033, Half Life 2 and Arma. Who else could it be?
  • acemuzzy
    Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    That's the last time I trust a networky link thing
  • Show networks
    Twitter
    theubermod
    Xbox
    Mod74
    Steam
    Mod74
    Wii

Send message
    Frosty wrote:
    You Mod74 by the name of Paul, Mod? http://steamcommunity.com/id/Mod74

That's me, I changed the name from ubermod when someone told me how. You I think. Will update the Network thing.
  • Show networks
    Twitter
    theubermod
    Xbox
    Mod74
    Steam
    Mod74
    Wii

Send message
    I've just joined the group and pinged some friend invites. Nexx accepted already so it must have worked. Cheers.

Also, was playing the demo of Company of Heroes earlier. It's fucking awesome isn't it, just what I was after.
  • It is. CoH2 is due in the next year or so too.
  • acemuzzy
    Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    Not played it, but there it is lurking in my library.  I suspect there may have been a sale.
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    Company of Heroes is very special. The reason I upgraded my last pc
  • Oh herro there FFXII

RfcYS.png

Managed to get it to work and it actually runs pretty well. Doesn't even look completely awful either.
  • Show networks
    Twitter
    theubermod
    Xbox
    Mod74
    Steam
    Mod74
    Wii

Send message
    Anyone played Wargame: European Escalation ? Looks like my sorta thing, and it's on sale. Ahem.

Poor man's CoH (even though it's twice the price)?
  • Unlocked the jetpack and chainsaw in Space Marine mp the other night.  Awesome!
    3DS: 2105-8748-8084 Switch: SW-3316-5834-8308 PSN: aynsleyw
  • Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    Mod74 wrote:
    Anyone played Wargame: European Escalation ? Looks like my sorta thing, and it's on sale. Ahem.

Poor man's CoH (even though it's twice the price)?

I was considering it. How much is it in the sale?

Edit: Meh, still too expensive.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!