theubermod
    Xbox
    Mod74
    Steam
    Mod74
    Wii
    Not Wii - 3DS: 0146-8922-2426

Send message
    Tried Tribes. No Gamepad support. That I could work out.

Next.
  • Bollockoff
    Show networks
    PSN
    Bollockoff
    Steam
    Bollockoff

Send message
    It transcends gamepads.
  • Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    Pads for shooters on PC would be silly. Get used to wasd.
  • You can't play Tribes with a game pad, you need more control than a stick can give you.
  • Yeah using a pad on a PC FPS will just lead to irritation as it will make you realise just how much aim assist console shooters have.
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    Tribes is too damn fast.
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    I'll just put this here. 

alg_jimmy_mcmillan_1.jpg
  • Heh. Also, if you don't have FOV on max and tiny weapons on in Tribes, you playin it damn wrong son damn wrong
  • Bollockoff
    Show networks
    PSN
    Bollockoff
    Steam
    Bollockoff

Send message
    I think you're always playing Tribes wrong unless you're playing it while on a rollercoaster about to go down a drop.
  • If you do anything but ski you're playing Tribes wrong
  • Show networks
    Twitter
    theubermod
    Xbox
    Mod74
    Steam
    Mod74
    Wii

Send message
    Kow wrote:
    Pads for shooters on PC would be silly. Get used to wasd.

Me using wasd now would be like holding a controller upside down. I'll stick to pad games for now. Plus I play every console game (well, BF3 at least) with aim assists switched off anyway.
  • I'm pretty sure i've seen youtube vids of Tribes played with a pad, I reckon it'd be wank for anything other than movement though, you desperately need mouseaim for that game.
  • Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    I'm not sure any PC shooters allow for a pad. You'll get totally destroyed if they do.
  • Show networks
    Twitter
    theubermod
    Xbox
    Mod74
    Steam
    Mod74
    Wii

Send message
    Well ARMA does. And all the Valve stuff.

And Metro not that that really counts.
  • They do allow it, but stuff like Tribes is MP only, you can play it with a pad, but you'd have a bad time because a pad wouldn't allow you to hit someone travelling through the air at 200kph whilst you are also travelling roughly the same speed in the opposite direction, with a projectile slower than both of you and influenced by momentum and trajectory, where as with a mouse you'd have a much better chance.
  • Show networks
    Twitter
    theubermod
    Xbox
    Mod74
    Steam
    Mod74
    Wii

Send message
    Sounds like I'd have zero chance with either.

No worries, it didn't really look like my sort of thing anyway.
  • It's rather unique, harks back to playing old PC FPS games like Quake and such. The thing is, amazing people are few and far between and getting a really impressive shot feels great. I've done a fair few mortar shots that I've planned and have pulled off that have had me punching the air, something that rarely happens with me now.
  • It does have a lot of "Holy shit that was fucking awesome" moments.

I've got today and tomorrow off work if anyone is up for some games.  My ingame name is NitroNexx.
  • Could probably be around tonight or tomorrow night, will get Bollockoff and hopefully Reg involved too. Steam chat works well for dis.
  • I'm out tonight but tomorrow night works for me.  Does Steam chat allow for more than 2 people?  If not we could hijack the B&B Minecraft Mumble server.
  • Bollockoff
    Show networks
    PSN
    Bollockoff
    Steam
    Bollockoff

Send message
    Steam chat indeed can handle groups of people. Not quite sure what the upper limit is actually. Might be worth an attempt at breaking Steam to find out.

Tomorrow would be ideal for me as i'm working till 11 tonight.
  • acemuzzy
    Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    I might download tribes. It's all free right? How do they make money - in game purchases? Does that debalance stuff?
  • In game purchases, yep. I guess if you played against a team of folk who had all fully equipped the raider class you might get stomped, but lots of folk still play without paying. There are codes floating around to unlock the Spinfusor for the soldier class, I'd say that's the most important thing for you to get. I bought the second points bundle and it unlocked an XP boost which means I shouldn't need any for a good long while.

I'll stress that I didn't need to do that, I just fancied the Spinfusor and hadn't been told about the codes. I've been on plenty of teams that have won and lost, rarely due to specific tools, more to strategy and efficiency.
  • Oh shit! I totally forgot there was going to be a big announcement regarding the next TW game, I was gonna mention it here as-well.

Well there it is, it's going to be Rome II. I was wondering if they were going to make one based in ancient China, but guess they'll get round to that at some point.
  • "What I can attest to is the mighty magnitude of Rome II’s battles. If ever a demonstration were needed that PC is now a full technical generation on from its console kin, this is it."
    By the time I have a good enough computer to run it, it will probably be on a 75% steam sale.
  • Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    TOTAL WAR ROME TOTAL WAR ROME TOTAL WAR ROME EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
  • Dark Soldier
    Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    I couldn't get into the Total War games. Just no my ting, but I can appreciate the brilliance considering a mate is a big fan, constantly on it on the hardest difficulty and destroying everything.
  • Yeah, I'm thinking I'll need to start saving for an uberPC now.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!