Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    Another humble choice then. Again nothing majorly grabbing me but maybe just about enough to hang in there. Need DS's view on teh golf (2K21)...
  • Dark Soldier
    Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    It plays the best game of golf around. You can customise the swing to be as easy or as hard as you like. 100s of courses, has MP modes locked to pro difficulty.
  • My PC is - after bloody ages of being hidden away and collecting dust - turning on but not out putting to the monitor.

Best bet to just take it all apart and put it all back together again?
  • Check with another monitor to make sure, then yeah try things like reseating the GPU. You should at least be able to get to the BIOS or see some kind of black screen.
  • Feel like it's worth point out Nioh is free on Epic right now. Obviously well worth a punt for nothing. I started and it fell off radar, but the quality was clear.
    I'm still great and you still love it.
  • Yep great game. I gave up at the second boss though cos it was too hard :(
    http://horganphoto.com My STILL under construction website
    PSN : superflyninja
  • It's Soulslike alright. Perhaps a bit too much?
    Haven't reached the first boss yet but the gameplay loop and menu structure are very..... familiar.
    Steam: Ruffnekk
    Windows Live: mr of unlocking
    Fightcade2: mrofunlocking
  • 80+ hours of grand old fun. Fuckin’ great game. Really need to finish of 2 at some point.
  • its a good game but the lack of variety with enemies wares thin.
    Switch Friend Code: SW-5407-6034-9226

PSN: derekg
  • Check with another monitor to make sure, then yeah try things like reseating the GPU. You should at least be able to get to the BIOS or see some kind of black screen.
    Reseating the GPU and ram seemed to do the trick.

Now if only I could figure out why the internet is so damn slow...
  • GooberTheHat
    Show networks
    Twitter
    GooberTheHat
    Xbox
    GooberTheHat
    Steam
    GooberTheHat

Send message
    Try wireshark.
  • It's probably downloading an obscene quantity of Windows update.
  • Balsa Model Flight Simulator just went into early access, and the free playtest will remain up for a few days apparently. It's a passion project from the original lead dev of Kerbal Space Program and his brother, plus a few others but a lot of the content will be coming from the community.

After playing it solidly for the last couple of weeks I'm quite confident this will become my most played game by some margin, so I can certainly recommend it if you like flight and have a tinkering engineering mindset. There are many crazy bugs and issues still, but for the price I think it's easily worth it even if it doesn't go much further (quite confident it will though).
  • Interesting - I never really got into the atmospheric flight stuff in Kerbal, beyond making something that could fly into orbit with hybrid engines/wings. The smaller and more detailed map makes it look like this would be more fun, and that building UI looks extremely familiar. Will have to give it a go.
  • The flight physics are really quite good, feels great with a joystick and head tracking. There's still stuff they'll add I think, like prop wash and atmospheric effects, but even now it's a joy to just fly about with people, and the dogfighting when it kicks off is great fun. I've actually somewhat gone off Microsoft Flight Sim now, just because I find designing and flying my own planes that I've tuned just right more fun.

Here's one I made earlier -

Nsxclco.jpg
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    Anyone had any issues in Steam Store lately with checkout? I can add to basket but can’t complete purchase. Have tried on the app on my phone and in browser. It just hangs when I click the purchase button in the checkout.
  • Nina
    Show networks
    Twitter
    myHighnessOne
    Xbox
    SU SPRIET
    PSN
    myHighness
    Steam
    myHighness

Send message
    Is the 8bit do dongle needed to connect a ps4 controller to PC? 

Sorry Boris, can't help with your question, as I always let B buy things through steam. The one PC purchase I did this year was FFXIV, and that's already a month ago and still can't play it (square seems completely stunned by the idea of people living in the US, but using an EU account to buy things). Plenty of time to figure out how I'm gonna set up controllers though.
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    It seems to be having issues processing my card. I now can’t buy due to trying too many times even though I’ve removed it and re-added. It can wait.

Sorry back atcha, can’t help with your PC question. I recall with the Mac I just plugged it in with the cable a few years and it just worked fine.
  • Nina
    Show networks
    Twitter
    myHighnessOne
    Xbox
    SU SPRIET
    PSN
    myHighness
    Steam
    myHighness

Send message
    I've had problems with steam when buying gifts, it doesn't like me buying stuff for my brother (EU) with an US card. Can't see why that would be an issue for you, if it used to work before.
  • Nina wrote:
    Is the 8bit do dongle needed to connect a ps4 controller to PC?

Not always. You can connect a DS4 via USB cable and it will be recognised by modern games as dinput device (and a lot now show the correct button prompts). If not, Steam will make the DS4 behave like a xinput (xbox) pad.

I use the 8bit do usb adaptor, initially purchased for using the ds4 on the Switch, but I use it on the PC now - so no connecting by USB cable. The adaptor is switchable between xinput and dinput, and provides full strength rumble (in xinput mode) - Steam doesn't seem to generate as much rumble for some reason.

I use the adaptor to connect a dual sense now.
  • Nina
    Show networks
    Twitter
    myHighnessOne
    Xbox
    SU SPRIET
    PSN
    myHighness
    Steam
    myHighness

Send message
    Would be using it for FFXIV, which I didn't buy through steam but through the SE store. And you definitely can't swap those versions around, there's always a couple posts a week on the FFXIV subreddit of people playing pc or steam trial, buying the game for the other version they played the trial for and messed it up for themselves. It's a whole side quest in itself. But no steam in between controller and game at first.

Good to know about the dongle, it's not too expensive so might get it to make it easier, I will both be playing at desk or on the TV, so would like the wireless option.

Would have used the 8bit do pro controller, but the right trigger is already very weak compared to the left, so that's no use. Was surprised by that.
  • Steam will recognise ds4 controllers if your pc supports blutooth.
  • You can create shortcuts in Steam to non Steam games and take advantage of its joypad emulator. Not sure about FFXIV as that probably has a launcher  - if so, could try creating a short cut to the executable and launching the launcher first.

Also, a normal bluetooth dongle should work with the DS4 but I found lots of people having issues when I researched it - but also many saying a cheapo dongle worked fine.

The key thing about the 8bitdo is that it is reliable and doesn't drop inputs.
  • Also, thank you ms for now offering me w10 drivers for my old i7 chipset.
    The flickering and bsods have now finally subsided. W10 has finally stopped trying to murder my poor laptop.
    Even fastboot is working again, yay!
  • Nina
    Show networks
    Twitter
    myHighnessOne
    Xbox
    SU SPRIET
    PSN
    myHighness
    Steam
    myHighness

Send message
    mrsmr2 wrote:
    You can create shortcuts in Steam to non Steam games and take advantage of its joypad emulator. Not sure about FFXIV as that probably has a launcher  - if so, could try creating a short cut to the executable and launching the launcher first.
    Yeah it has a launcher, I haven't been able to run the game yet as I can't register my key.

The whole set up is gonna be complicated anyway, I'm gonna have to use playstation remote play for party chat, so that needs a dualshock connected to that. I can set my headphones to have audio from both remote play and pc, have tested that.
    But then I assume I'd need a second controller to connect the the actual PC, so having the dongle might just simplify it a bit.

All the just so I can play both on desk and on the couch, with the PS5 people and they're sweet ssd's. Currently on PS4 pro and that's slow.

• b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    Steam + Amex problem solved... sort of.

So after a time Amex forces additional security. On a browser this opens in a new tab/window. By default all browsers automatically block this so the security fails. I only spotted it on desktop this morning and allowed Steam to open a new window.

Even worse, on mobile the app doesn't even consider it and again payment fails. I'm calling 50/50 on this one, but it's shite UX.
  • Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    Why are you using American Express? Most places in Europe don't even accept it.
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    I wasn't planning on travelling to Europe to buy something from an American online store with an American Express credit card, but I suppose I could.
  • Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    Are you in America?
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    UK. American Express is a common card now and nearly all places accept it. However that’s not the issue is it. Steam accepts it but their terrible store UI can’t copy with additional validation that is required from time to time.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!