PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    Poor Sophie
  • what I'm finding funny at the moment is all of these videos turning up about how to easily beat bosses in the game and the first part always starts with 'First of all go to this really difficult part of the map and do a suicide run to grab this insanely OP weapon/spell/weapon art that you would never normally has access to, then use it in the battle'
    Sometimes here. Sometimes Lurk. Occasionally writes a bad opinion then deletes it before posting..
  • anyway, last night i travelled up sophie's river and came out in calid and fought past a couple of large boys to get to a castle where the door didn't open and there was a giant pot outside the door.
    Couldn't do anything there so went the other way and there was a huge scary silver bear that kept pulling my head off...rolled away from that and fell down a cliff, triggering a boss type fight with a ball around some crystals, and the bear followed me down and ripped me apart.

a classic error to be chased by a silver bear while falling into a pit with a floating orb monster.

Was this area in the north eastern zone?
  • I was in the castle in stormveil yesterday and fell through a gap between towers. I landed dead in front of a skull plant face thing. It was kind of horrific and as I turned the camera there was another monster.
  • Rennala can fuck off.  Long run back - it's easy but tedious.  Two phases - the first being piss easy and tedious.  Thought she would be easy, had her down to half health on final attempt last night and then BAM she does something else unexpected and fucks me hard.  BITCH!

I seem to be hitting her hard, but it's getting in and avoiding magic damage that is fucking me.
    I am a FREE. I am not MAN. A NUMBER.
  • I’m excited by this.

If I was cinty I’d say something like - You can do this!
  • anyway, last night i travelled up sophie's river and came out in calid and fought past a couple of large boys to get to a castle where the door didn't open and there was a giant pot outside the door. Couldn't do anything there so went the other way and there was a huge scary silver bear that kept pulling my head off...rolled away from that and fell down a cliff, triggering a boss type fight with a ball around some crystals, and the bear followed me down and ripped me apart.
    a classic error to be chased by a silver bear while falling into a pit with a floating orb monster. Was this area in the north eastern zone?
    yeah, that direction. I ended up back close the scary mines i was once teleported to, so decided to go back 'home' to a friendlier place ;)
    "Like i said, context is missing."
    http://ssgg.uk
  • I was in the castle in stormveil yesterday and fell through a gap between towers. I landed dead in front of a skull plant face thing. It was kind of horrific and as I turned the camera there was another monster.

Yeah I found that via routes, it's freaky.  Also, good and maybe important lore - did you read the description of the item you find there?  I reckon (maybe I should spoiler this)
    Spoiler:
  • Don’t worry about spoilering reckons. I think it adds richness.
  • hylian_elf wrote:
    Rennala can fuck off.  Long run back - it's easy but tedious.  Two phases - the first being piss easy and tedious.  Thought she would be easy, had her down to half health on final attempt last night and then BAM she does something else unexpected and fucks me hard.  BITCH! I seem to be hitting her hard, but it's getting in and avoiding magic damage that is fucking me.

There's a slightly shorter run back via the left, if you've been doing the one involving the jump over to the right.
  • Yeah I did that run too, might stick to that. Shave off a few precious seconds. :)

Hopefully I’ll have her tonight (ooer). I kinda know what to expect in second phase now.
  • Curtis
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Curtis Rolph
    Twitter
    CUR715
    Xbox
    CUR715
    PSN
    C_R
    Steam
    CUR715
    Wii
    CUR715

Send message
    Bumped uglies with the hardest boss in the game. Ouch!!
  • Would that be a certain MBoM?
  • anyway, last night i travelled up sophie's river and came out in calid and fought past a couple of large boys to get to a castle where the door didn't open and there was a giant pot outside the door. Couldn't do anything there so went the other way and there was a huge scary silver bear that kept pulling my head off...rolled away from that and fell down a cliff, triggering a boss type fight with a ball around some crystals, and the bear followed me down and ripped me apart.
    a classic error to be chased by a silver bear while falling into a pit with a floating orb monster. Was this area in the north eastern zone?
    yeah, that direction. I ended up back close the scary mines i was once teleported to, so decided to go back 'home' to a friendlier place ;)

That bear needs to chill out.

Killed it after a good few attempts but that sort of fight really shows up the limitations in From's fighting. I was 50/50 cross at the game and the bear.
  • Curtis
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Curtis Rolph
    Twitter
    CUR715
    Xbox
    CUR715
    PSN
    C_R
    Steam
    CUR715
    Wii
    CUR715

Send message
    Tempy wrote:
    Would that be a certain MBoM?

Yes. Tried 4-5 times last night but was drunk so quit and slept on it. Thought up a new strategy which i'll try out later.
  • The gap between good idea and time to play on a workday is both a joy and annoying. Especially as it will likely fail on go one.

I feel like I need to warm up for this game and slowly get into a groove.
  • mrsmr2 wrote:
    anyway, last night i travelled up sophie's river and came out in calid and fought past a couple of large boys to get to a castle where the door didn't open and there was a giant pot outside the door. Couldn't do anything there so went the other way and there was a huge scary silver bear that kept pulling my head off...rolled away from that and fell down a cliff, triggering a boss type fight with a ball around some crystals, and the bear followed me down and ripped me apart.
    That bear needs to chill out. Killed it after a good few attempts but that sort of fight really shows up the limitations in From's fighting. I was 50/50 cross at the game and the bear.

was a bit frustrated by it. first fight i took it careful, got it down to less than half health running around and whacking it in the arse. then it just did this huge jump attack that i saw coming and thought i'd got out the way of, but the impact caught me somehow and it was basically a one hit kill.
    i mean, fair enough don't poke the bear, but y'know ;)
  • Curtis wrote:
    Tempy wrote:
    Would that be a certain MBoM?

Yes. Tried 4-5 times last night but was drunk so quit and slept on it. Thought up a new strategy which i'll try out later.

Yeah, she’s rough. Got her down earlier but it took an age to finally get it done.
  • Am I incorrect in trying to take out Radahn first? I've got him close to half health but getting close to the guy just ends up in me being destroyed.
    Sometimes here. Sometimes Lurk. Occasionally writes a bad opinion then deletes it before posting..
  • He's meant to be encountered third, but you can think of the main bosses of the game like the divine beasts in Breath of the Wild
  • Dark Soldier
    Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    Hes gonna be a big roadblock for a lot of players, far worse than Margrit.
  • As in after Magaret and Godfrey? or As in after two other of the kiddiwinkles?
  • Dark Soldier
    Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    As in after Stormveil and Lurnia bosses
  • As in after Stormveil and Lurnia bosses
    Sorry, that was meant for @tempy
  • Dark Soldier
    Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    I know, I was answering it :D
  • Margrit is okay I think.

I’m going to level up more I think and find some cool shit before I get on the beaten path.

I wondered down south below the forest before goldrick and I got one of those arrow grace sites
  • Margit doesn't give you a great rune, as DS has answered.
  • does Sauron Bean at the round table give you the names in the suggested order to tackle them?
  • Can't remember, but the game leads you pretty much by the nose in the order, which is Godrick then Renalla. 

After that you can do the remaining two in either order, I think they're both about equal in difficulty, or you can ignore them and go straight to the Capital and what lies within.
  • He does mention that one of them they don’t know whereabouts of yet or something or should tackle later. Or something.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!