Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    I guess they put anchovies on their pizzas. "Anakin's Pizzas - They're Sith!".
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    Quattro Forcemaggio.
  • bad_hair_day
    Show networks
    Twitter
    @_badhairday_
    Xbox
    Bad Hair Day
    PSN
    Bad-Hair-Day
    Steam
    badhairday247

Send message
    Stopped watching Kenobi after episode 2 but still feel I can enjoy the humorous digs aimed at the times shoddy writing and direction grate. Can understand if folks get miffed because it’s something they like, but badgers will be badgers and t’was always thus.
    retroking1981: Fuck this place I'm off to the pub.
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    I’m not even that miffed, I just find it weird that so many people keep subjecting themselves to something they don’t like then subject the rest of us to their moaning about this thing they don’t like.
  • Yossarian wrote:
    I’m not even that miffed, I just find it weird that so many people keep subjecting themselves to something they don’t like then subject the rest of us to their moaning about this thing they don’t like.

Has my wife started posting here?
    SFV - reddave360
  • Yossarian wrote:
    And in turn you subject the rest of us to moaning about how you don't like people moaning in the thread.
    62990180.jpg
    http://horganphoto.com My STILL under construction website
    PSN : superflyninja
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    I’ve done it for a few hours today. You lot have been at it for months.
  • I’ve been at it since the prequels.
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    I’d call it critiquing rather than moaning. It’s not just this thread it’s most threads whether it’s government or games. I keep watching because I want to and hope they can produce something as good as Mando. Think it’s pretty clear the less they try to rely on the films the better the shows are. I live in hope.
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    b0r1s wrote:
    I’d call it critiquing rather than moaning.

Potayto potahto.

And, FTR, complaining about the government is right and good and proper. That shit actually matters.
  • EvilRedEye
    Show networks
    Twitter
    adrianongaming
    Xbox
    EvilRedEye8
    PSN
    EvilRedEye8
    Steam
    EvilRedEye8

Send message
    You know how we've liked the last couple of episodes more? From the writing credits it looks like they're the only episodes in the series that aren't based on the axed Obi-Wan movie/have the original writers from the movie working on them. Wonder if there's anything in that or it's just coincidence really.
    "ERE's like Mr. Muscle, he loves the things he hates"
  • I still enjoy the good moments, but this is a lot like TNA wrestling. Some really good moments, and top talent involved, but nonsensical booking.
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    In an uncanny YouTube advertising algorithm quirk, Ewan McGregor popped up talking about lemons in an Experia advert while I'm watching the RLM Obi Wan review. I laughed
  • Yossarian wrote:
    Quattro Forcemaggio.

Nice.

I'm kinda with Yoss on the whole moaning thing. I'm a Star Wars fan and I've been enjoying Kenobi. It's not great but any stretch and yes every episode has some wtf moments of stupidity. I agree with pretty much all of the criticism it's just the sheer volume of negativity that grates a little. UTTER PISS TIER CONTENT and the like. Maybe some of us are just a bit happier to not get irritated at the dumb stuff. Lei becoming an electrical engineer? I thought that was pretty awful. It stunk of 'we need to give Lei something to do while all the fighting is going on.' But for the most part I'm happy to let it wash over me.
  • Its not moaning though. Its criticism. Some of you are happy to ignore the dumb moments or decisions, thats cool. Others of us call out the things we see, often in a fairly lighthearted manner. Maybe it can come across as mean spirited or something, which not all of it is. Much of it is said in mirth.

I dont frequent the sports threads, but imagine Man UTD or some soccerball team are doing shit. The manager is making crap decisions and some players are being idiots. Do you go in those threads saying, ah guys come on, cant we just enjoy a game of football and not complain? That is a genuine question by the way as I have less than zero interest in sports.

What is it you and Yoss are saying exactly? You want the critism to stop? For this to be a "safe place"????
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    Pretty sure I clarified that that wasn’t what I was saying yesterday.
  • I think the point is that if all you’re doing is getting annoyed and watching stuff that’s winding you up then, um, what’s the point in watching it in the first place? This shit isn’t going to bring back all those wonderful misty memories of excitement you felt back in the 80’s, it’s just going to annoy you for not doing that. It’s kind of a touch masochistic that you subject yourselves to stuff on a semi-regular basis that clearly annoys you all so much.

I’m slightly removed from the argument in that I think all Star Wars is absolute fucking tosh. I’m not arguing against its huge cultural gravitas or owt, just all of it is a big nope from me. This current stuff is likely no worse written and developed than the original stuff you cherish, it’s just that it lacks the childhood nostalgia and decades worth of evaluation and heritage and accepted criticism that the original stuff has had time to develop.
  • Tldr. Stop falling for all the hype and crossed fingers of this could be the one and find some new stuff to watch. Preferably stuff that you haven’t developed aeons worth of feeling for.
  • I think the point is that if all you’re doing is getting annoyed and watching stuff that’s winding you up then, um, what’s the point in watching it in the first place?
    No one's annoyed. No one has any massive expectations Star Wars can deliver the goods anymore. When it occasionally does, it's surprising. It's dumb crap. Nearly all tv is crap. This is tv. This is crap. I will still watch it. If my threshold for not watching something is 'it's crap' there's almost nothing left. Part of the relief from watching crap is getting to go online and say how crap it is. I've never had any problem with other people thinking something is crap that I like. I don't see the problem now. 
    But it seems to have become a thing and there's no point anyone falling out over it.
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    I’d be amazed if anyone in this thread is getting genuinely annoyed vs probably surprised by the terrible writing of some of these shows. For me it’s disappointing that they knocked its out of the park with Mando then dropped the ball with everything else.

I also don’t think (to Unc’s point) that this is about nostalgia. My love of the OG Star Wars films has waned massively over the years. I just want them to make good content using the universe they’ve been gifted.

I’m genuinely watching to hope they do good again and when they don’t I’m gonna call em out in this thread the same way people do in loads of other threads about anything.

Anyway. Here’s to a resplendent final Obi Wan episode.
  • Final episode going to be amaze.
  • I guess my feeling on Star Wars has always been Emporers new clothes. I’m not engaged with the product they’ve created like a lot of you because I honestly think it’s crap from a long ago era.
    Anyway, I’m not annoyed that you’re all critiquing it and are coming out disappointed. It’s just more I’m exasperated you’d think it were going to be anything else.
  • What is it you and Yoss are saying exactly? You want the critism to stop? For this to be a "safe place"????[/quote
    I'm not saying anything really, just having a grumble. No, I wouldn't ask anyone to stop regardless of whether I find their take to be overly negative. A safe place? I feel like I'm about to called a snowflake.

For me (and it's puely a personal take and not directed at anyone) I get a bit run-down by the general negativity on the internet. I came off Twitter completly in Januray for that reason and haven't missed it one bit. It just feels sometimes like it's everywhere. I quite liked that game/film/show, I'll have a look online and see what other people thought... PISS TIER GARBAGE FIRE. Oh...
  • That’s the thing innit, loads of people watch something and enjoy it enough, but don’t feel particularly compelled to post “I liked this thing” so just get on with cooking their tea or whatever.
    But when someone’s got a bee in their bonnet about something, like oh my gosh how some plot point in a show about space wizards just didn’t add up for them, then you bet they just gotta get it off their chest and let everyone know about what utter dogshit they just witnessed, and how I guess they’re gonna hate-watch the rest of the series and let you know all about every single thing that was bullshit.
    This is the way.
  • Look, it’s all valid though isn’t it? People want to hate watch and it’s fine. The one point I don’t get with this stuff is that it’s the same people getting let down by the same franchise time and time again. I’ve been let down by Star Wars since that first one I saw on itv in 88 so i’ve made the decision that the franchise isn’t for me but, if they do happen to make something non-shit or the general cultural consensus is that This Is Actual Good, then I’ll give it a try - though likely not be able to get my head around the utter tosh of it all. Here and now, we have people who clearly no longer enjoy the franchise. It is no longer for them. Yet still they flock to every new piece of shit that Disney release hoping that this time it’ll be like that one they watched 40 years ago and then, when it isn’t and when it doesn’t elicit the same emotional response, it lets them down, makes them feel stupid and annoyed for hoping.
  • TO CLARIFY, AND BEFORE I DIG A BIGGER HOLE, I DO NOT THINK ANY OF YOU ARE STUPID.
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    For me, as I said on my post above, it’s nothing to do with the original films. It’s very simple but I’ll state it again.

They made a great show with the Mandalorian. That is what I’m comparing their output too. Not to the 40 year old films. And I think it’s fair, when you have the same producers of said show doing others badly, criticising it.

There’s no crushing disappointment from my inner 8 self because the original final films haven’t held the appeal they did for years.
  • All my tv watching has to be coordinated with the gf. So everything’s a compromise of finding something we can both sit through. I’ve watched both seasons of Picard (it was so bad I might even watch season 3). I’ve watched nearly all of season 2 of Russian Doll that I said I wouldn’t because it was so bad. I stuck with Lost until the end. I have watched every single episode of Brooklyn 99. I can freely slag these off across the internet with impunity and receive no blowback.

But in the Star Wars thread, I’m apparently a stunted man child trying to recapture my youth, I should move on, find something else, realise it’s not for me, stop hate-watching and get given a load of inaccurate psychological analysis as to why I’m not loving the latest batch of tripe.
  • Oh boys, I meant no harm. I think I’m more or less incapable of making a decent point so I’m off to dig up some potatoes instead. Apologies if you feel I’ve called you babies and inaccurately questioned your choice of entertainment. Enjoy your next show and I’m now way out of this stuff. X
  • My viewpoint is in a similar vein to Monkey and Boris. Im not comparing to the OG trilogy, Disney proved with the sequel trilogy they don't know their arse from their elbow with Star Wars. 
    Im comparing too to The Mandalorian (and Rogue One). They made a damn good show there with Mando. And so it was a shock to see Boba Fett being so shit. And now Kenobi. Its like Mando was the flash of gold in a pan of turds.

I liken it again to soccer. From what I see, many proper manly men that lahhhhve the beewwwwwtfull game follow their chosen teams through fick and finn. Rejoicing in the success and wallowing in the defeats. Its sort of like that with SW for me. Its a universe I think is bloody awesome that has loads of potential. But its in the lower leagues at the moment. And I like to talk about it. As do other folks.

I mean, Im still surprised that criticism is such a talking point. Its all the stranger when the Kenobi has sooo many things worth discussing.

On another note what do you lot make of the Star Wars twitter account calling out individual fans? I think there was a story last week where they caused a pile on on some unknown dude's account.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!