Slay the Spire: B&B GOTY 2018, 2020, 2021, and Forum Pariah 2019
  • Wow, sounds like a killer deck!
    I am a FREE. I am not MAN. A NUMBER.
  • That’ll learn me.
  • An exciting deck has suddenly appeared. I'm mid way through act 2 and have:

- 2 x pain (lose 1hp each time a card is played). crucially, when both are in hand at the same time, it hits for 1 damage twice, not two damage once
    - 2 x upgraded rupture (each time I lose hp from a  card, gain 2 strength, of 4 strength if both are in play, or 8 strength if both pains are in hand)
    - runic cube (each time I take damage, draw a card, or 2 with both curses)
    - some other useful cards, blood letting, anger, blood for blood, all upgraded

The engine on this is mad; unlike anything I have played with before. play a card, draw 2, gain 8 strength, cycle through 0 cost attacks exponentially getting stronger with each one played. Unfortunately I seem to burn through life a bit too fast and currently need all my campfires for resting. All I need is a reaper....
  • Hadn’t played in ages. I’m rubbish compared to you guys and well behind. Just uncooked asc7 with Silent. Bundled my way through with a 35 card deck loosely based on shivs and draw-discard cycles.
  • So I've been stuck on defect asc13 for a few days.  I've had two amazing runs where I knew early on that this could be the one then proceeded to balls it up on the final boss (The clock dude) twice by trying to force a particular synergy.  I thought I had learned my lesson first time, but no.  I made exactly the same mistake both times.
  • ac13 complete but got beat on the heart.  Ditched my opening relic and got cursed key.  Absolutely crushed act 3 with a combination of inserter, consume, echo form, and bird faced urn.  I could build up ridiculous block and then spam power cards to heal to full health before finishing every fight.

The only flaw was getting the frost orbs up quick enough to stop early damage.  RNG in the penultimate fight before the heart took me down to half health in the first few turns.  I couldn't get the power card healing going before the fight finished and the heart got me because of it.
  • Had a good asc 5 ironclad run there that popped off when I took prismatic shard on a whim. Got a few shivs for building strength with the shuriken and a echo form that killed it for me.

Double headbutt into 0 cost blood for blood and upgraded dual wield meant I got 6 0 cost blood for bloods to get the win. Felt good.

KEpIfA2.png
  • Nice.

In Iso so have been absolutely hammering again.

Switch and pc. After unlocking all for switch, I'm up to ac18 with ironclad again.

Have had a mixed bag of results and some great deep runs, but I reckon my last 4 wins have all landed with dead branch and corruption.

If you get them early, especially dB, and you can build the deck for exhaust, it's just insta win.

On pc I'm chasing ac10 heart with ironclad. Have been much more varied in approach. Nearly had a belter of a win with a deck with 3 of the cards that do damage when you add block. Mental. (I had one, and gambled with Pandora's box after 1st floor boss, I think) was doing some silly damage, but yeah, no way to deal with the mutli hit heart stuff.

After a rough patch, watched some jorbs, was good to see many decisions I make vindicated, but also it tightened my decision making and reminded me to be a bit more careful with copping damage at higher AC.

The goatiest of goats this game.
    I'm still great and you still love it.
  • Took neows lament, sniped two elites, got both the eggs of attack and skill. Then a few floors later trounced the guardian and have been rewarded with pandoras box, which given said relics has the potential to see me going into act 2 with all cards upgraded. This game just keeps churning out original moments even after all these hours. 

Going to leave it there for today as I have stuff to do, but looking forward to see what pandora does for me tomorrow.
  • https://boardgamegeek.com/thread/2726365/kickstarter-date-designer-ama/page/12
    There’s a fair bit of recent feedback on the boardgame here from the developers, with a hopeful appearance later in the year. It’s sounding like a tricky one to figure out, but they still seem upbeat about it.
  • Well, that I did not know.

Hello.
  • Sts but you have to do all the maths by hand doesn’t sound very fun to me
  • And here we fucking are. Finally beat the Heart on AC20, with the Watcher of all. Basically talk to the hand was the utter saviour of the deck (best card in the deck maybe), got three of them all upgraded with loads of multi-hit cards and the relic where you only lose 15 block after your turn ends. Started with the tipper and luckily got the free meal ticket relatively quickly after so healing wasn't an issue. Brilliant run.

FU-j35vVUAEmRuU?format=jpg&name=large
  • I have been on an absolute ironclad bender.

Chasing ac20 on switch and have just beaten heart AC5 and 10 on pc. Gonna go for ac15 heart now, then finally have a serious crack at ac20 hearts.

I see lots of jorbs watching in my future.
  • Stuck on defect heart asc19 atm.  Had an insane run where I lost to the clock twat by one card.  Have struggled to get out of act one for a few days now as I try weird combinations.  Its brutal at this high asc level.  Too much focus on block then cant do enough damage and the inverse is true.  It is so finely balanced.
  • Funny choice to do heart runs at a19
  • I always try for a heart run
  • Got ac20 done. Was setting up a solid strength deck that had some exhaust and was doing well, then the classic branch/corruption combo dropped. Was at full health smashing stuff mid second floor, but dual act 3 bosses means I don't look a gift horse in the mouth.
  • That's me up to 18,18,18,18 after a while stuck at 18,17,18,17. Started trying out some different techniques with Silent and Watcher rather than sticking to the same old things. That this game still has stuff to teach me after all those time is amazing.
    Gamertag: gremill
  • Yeah it's hard to experiment when you've been playing so long. For ages I ignored discard with silent.
    "Plus he wore shorts like a total cunt" - Bob
  • Dark Soldier
    Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    I haven't done a Silent run in two years. Always Ironchad or Defect. Reset my save and Silent and Watcher are on zero runs.
  • asc20 completed with defect but no heart run yet.  Have started playing around with silent but only up to asc4 with them.
  • Silent is the most subtle, and the best imo.
    "Plus he wore shorts like a total cunt" - Bob
  • So yeah, after however long it is. Ironclad AC20 Heart beaten.

Could have gone badly, because things didn't drop in a perfect order, and the deck/relics weren't strong through act 1. But ended up with dead branch, corruption, codex and snecko. The right exhaust cards came in spurts and then it was just monster.
  • Everytime I take Snecko I get shafted, I never take it anymore.
  • Fair, I don't think it's that strong against heart if you're leaning on it too much, but the extra card draw plus corruption making all actions 0 makes the gamble worth it, or at least it did in this case.
  • Been trying out a Fire Breathing deck with IC and it works surprisingly well until it doesn't. Also been giving Rupture a shot too, but haven't figured out a way to make that work at asc18.
  • Firebreathing is so fun, but yeah, if you don't set up right it dies in the arse second act.

Needs to be paired with some combo of Evolve, Wild Strike (and/or it's block equiv) and other stuff that deliberately puts status cards in your deck. Super cool with Dual wield or if you get the chance, just getting multiple fire breathing. A fully humming deck doing 30 damage per status card is quite a thing.
  • Facewon wrote:
    Firebreathing is so fun, but yeah, if you don't set up right it dies in the arse second act.

Needs to be paired with some combo of Evolve, Wild Strike (and/or it's block equiv) and other stuff that deliberately puts status cards in your deck. Super cool with Dual wield or if you get the chance, just getting multiple fire breathing. A fully humming deck doing 30 damage per status card is quite a thing.

Nice, thanks. Hadn't considered evolve or dual wield.
  • Dogfingers wrote:
    Everytime I take Snecko I get shafted, I never take it anymore.

I still sort of have this with runic pyramid. I mean I can still win with it- probably some of my strongest and most fun decks have revolved around it- but I suspect my chances of victory actually dip a bit when I pick it up, which really shouldn't be the case for one of the strongest relics in the game.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!