Slay the Spire: B&B GOTY 2018, 2020, 2021, and Forum Pariah 2019
  • evolve might be the best boring card in the game. It's almost auto include when going for heart @ a20
  • And thats the silent done on AC20, standard Pyramid/Burst/Poison with great defence:

FY_5P-DVQAAJfNL?format=jpg&name=large
  • Been going you the ac with each character but thought I'd take a brake and play about with some infinites. Went for a watcher one first as that seemed easiest to setup and picked up a win with it today on ac15. Forgot to pick up the chest key so couldn't try the heart but it was pretty fun trying to balance slimming down the deck and getting the right cards with being able to deal enough damage and stay alive.

Doing the actual infinite itself once you get it is boring as hell :)
  • Still trying to get my first heart kill in this, got to it twice yesterday and had a great chance with Ironclad but failed to realise/remember the max HP dmg per turn against it, so kinda fucked myself wasting precious mana (had that ice cream relic).

Anyway, Q: do you reckon it's easier tackling heart on a higher asc? I'm still just going for it on normal/non-asc as I figure that's got to be the easiest way of taking it down, but today was wondering if the increased Elite encounters on asc levels would mean more chance of getting sweet loot therefore a better plan (not without risk ofc).
  • It's easier insofar as there are more elites to take down at higher ascensions, and that means more relics
  • Yeah that's what I was getting at. Maybe I'll just focus on clearing more ascensions then instead of doing heart runs on normal every time. I'm not great at this game.
  • Although act 4 also brings some unique challenges, going through the ascensions will likely do a better job of improving your game.
  • I still play this most days, even if it's just half a game. Got my 55th a20 heart victory today. Nearing the 1250 hour mark of gametime. utter madness.
  • Not sure how many hours I've got on it, nowhere near that amount but a fair lot considering I play not much at all these days. Pretty much all my game time has been on this tbh, and I'm only just starting to not just go yolo for the archetype decks I want. Only using IC and Defect tho atm, have cleared runs with the other two but just don't find them that appealing currently.

Maybe tonight's the night.
  • Dark Soldier
    Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    You are using the best characters tbf sir.
  • Tonight wasn't the night.
  • Keep at it. This game is like mathematical crack for the brain.
    I'm a bit lagging at the game compared to the rest of the forum. Only at asc.6 on pc and asc.8 on mobile so not even close to lv.20. Still, it's fun discovering new card and relic combo's. Endless fun.
    Steam: Ruffnekk
    Windows Live: mr of unlocking
    Fightcade2: mrofunlocking
  • Back on Ironclad after getting my first asc 20 Watcher win. I always find Ironclad hard going to begin with but when it pops off it goes.

That Watcher clear would have beaten the heart but I forgot to pick up the last key at the final bonfire like a dope.
  • hunk wrote:
    Keep at it. This game is like mathematical crack for the brain.
    I'm a bit lagging at the game compared to the rest of the forum. Only at asc.6 on pc and asc.8 on mobile so not even close to lv.20. Still, it's fun discovering new card and relic combo's. Endless fun.

I'm on asc2 m8
  • GooberTheHat
    Show networks
    Twitter
    GooberTheHat
    Xbox
    GooberTheHat
    Steam
    GooberTheHat

Send message
    Nearly got to asc 20 with ironclad today using a great block, juggernaut, rage, iron wave and body slam combo. Just couldn't quite finish of the bloody regenerating wolf thing at the end.
  • nick_md wrote:
    hunk wrote:
    Keep at it. This game is like mathematical crack for the brain. I'm a bit lagging at the game compared to the rest of the forum. Only at asc.6 on pc and asc.8 on mobile so not even close to lv.20. Still, it's fun discovering new card and relic combo's. Endless fun.
    I'm on asc2 m8

Pace yo self!
    I don't wanna be the bottom tier forum guy by Christmas :cry emoji:
  • I've been doing heart runs at various ACs. With different characters.

IC at 20 was done a while back.

Defect at AC5 and 10 done. Watcher at 5, silent at 5 and 10. Attempting silent at 15 at the moment.

Building up to ac20 runs.

I'm still great and you still love it.
  • I'm a shocker with watcher and heart runs.
    I'm still great and you still love it.
  • I'm at asc19 with every character except IC - I just cannot seem to get it together with him.
    Gamertag: gremill
  • I think the reason I'm lagging behind is because I always go for the heart, even when my build isn't strong enough. I always pick up the keys even when I really, really shouldn't. It usually results with me getting shot down at bigboss 3.

I should learn to cut my losses. Then again from the 8ac's, 5 or 6 were wins on the heart.
  • Naw, heart or die is the true way to glory, Hunk, I'm the same.
  • The path to glory is riddled with dead bodies.
  • Somehow the android port has got even worse on android 13. The app crashes and will full restart when you switch apps or turn off your screen.

It's really annoying.
  • GooberTheHat
    Show networks
    Twitter
    GooberTheHat
    Xbox
    GooberTheHat
    Steam
    GooberTheHat

Send message
    Yep, it also won't give me all the relics. I have no dead branch!
  • Yep, it also won't give me all the relics. I have no dead branch!

That's almost a crime. I think you can edit the android files to unlock what you're missing.
  • GooberTheHat
    Show networks
    Twitter
    GooberTheHat
    Xbox
    GooberTheHat
    Steam
    GooberTheHat

Send message
    Oh, I'll have a dig around. Thanks.
  • Do the ascension levels stack, as in does the affect of asc1 also occur in asc2+? Like does 'elites are more frequent' occur in all asc levels, for eg.
  • Yeps
    I am a FREE. I am not MAN. A NUMBER.
  • Thanks, it's not clear from the UX but I assumed it was the case.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!