Elite: Dangerous
  • Woah.
    Must get this patched and loaded up.
    Live= sgt pantyfire    PSN= pantyfire
  • It's in a slightly wobbly state since the Odyssey launch and not without problems. Odyssey really did fuck up a lot of things but they seem to be working hard on it and it can be proper "Wow" again since update 6. 

The best thing is they appear to be listening, far more engaged with the community then they ever have been and have made a MSFS type roadmap to keep everyone updated. 

As ever, the best and worst thing about this game is the long roadmap. It's going to take a while to make use of the walking to be put to good use aside from shooting an internet person in the face.
    "Plus he wore shorts like a total cunt" - Bob
  • Frontier have popped out of nowhere to talk about the rocky road this has been on since Odyssey. Console is being scrapped completely and it's getting a Narrative, like an actual story. I think.

Not entirely dead then, but it'll need some goodwill to get players back on board.
  • Just saw Obsidian Ant's latest - at least they're going to allow porting of saves over to PC. Still hurts, but I've always felt as a PS4 player that I've had the worst deal out of this game.

Still feels crap that they're not porting to current gen consoles, though.
    PSN : time_on_my_hands
  • They did a great job too with gamepad mapping of a complex control set. No VR going forward either.
  • Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    Elite won't support vr anymore? That's a pity. That's part of what I've been holding out for a new gpu for.
  • It works but they aren't going to update it. It's not much of a loss if you don't care about the fps stuff in VR. With Odyssey it already flips to pancake mode when you're walking around but still VR in the ships and SRVs. 

Horizons will always be VR and it'll always be fucking great. In fact it'll only improve as the hardware does. I'd kill a puppy to VR it in 8K HDR on a gtx 5090.
  • Just saw Obsidian Ant's latest - at least they're going to allow porting of saves over to PC. Still hurts, but I've always felt as a PS4 player that I've had the worst deal out of this game. Still feels crap that they're not porting to current gen consoles, though.

On the plus side you can now transfer any save file from console to PC and get Horizons free on PC. PC owners already get Horizons free if they bought the base game but even GamePass saves can now get it for gratis.

• ED has gone full mental.

• It lives!

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!