Stuff for "Creatives" and whatnot..
  • Apologies for the double post, but I need to say this:

People that put a stroke on Adobe Garamond Pro because they think the Bold is too much and they haven't paid for Semi-Bold (and think it "looks nice") should be hit repeatedly about the head with the back end of a porcupine until they have a change of heart.

That is all.
    Mostly an idiot. Live: thedarthjim / Instagram: mrjalco / Twitter: @MrJalco
  • Hi Moto, are you working on a template for me? You were asking if i had time frames or anything so i got the impression you were giving it a bash but as you didn't outright say you were i thought i'd ask :)
    He could've just said they came from another planet but seems keen to convince people with his bullshit pseudoscience that he knows stuff. I wouldn't trust him with my lunch. - SG
  • Also, for them what fit graphics to vehicles, if someone brings a Nissan Juke your way, run a mile. Narry a straight line or right angle on the sucker. Levelling up the vinyl is proving... problematic.
  • Moto70
    Show networks
    Twitter
    @jsm147
    Xbox
    Moto 70
    PSN
    MotoSeventy
    Steam
    [kia]_permian
    Wii
    Moto70

Send message
    mk64 wrote:
    Hi Moto, are you working on a template for me? You were asking if i had time frames or anything so i got the impression you were giving it a bash but as you didn't outright say you were i thought i'd ask :)
    I couldn't get anything done in time even though it is only a 10 minute job!

If you didn't need it so quickly I would have done it but I can't do anything until the weekend...
  • what would you use to do it?
    He could've just said they came from another planet but seems keen to convince people with his bullshit pseudoscience that he knows stuff. I wouldn't trust him with my lunch. - SG
  • Moto70
    Show networks
    Twitter
    @jsm147
    Xbox
    Moto 70
    PSN
    MotoSeventy
    Steam
    [kia]_permian
    Wii
    Moto70

Send message
    mk64 wrote:
    what would you use to do it?
    Illustrator...
  • beano
    Show networks
    Wii
    all the way home.

Send message
    Best kinda drpshdw.
    "Better than a tech demo. But mostly a tech demo for now. Exactly what we expected, crashes less and less. No multiplayer."
    - BnB NMS review, PS4, PC
  • Ladies and Gentlefolk, here are some links to a rather fine party that it seems I'm late to:

Lovely Stock Stuff.

Inspiration.

Typography Heaven.

Tomes. Lovely Tomes.
  • I've started a Tumblr - Please give me a follow if you'd like:

http://arkotype.tumblr.com

Also - May have to buy this in January:

neuegrafik_g_1.jpg

http://www.lars-mueller-publishers.com/en/catalogue-design/neue-grafik
  • Moto70
    Show networks
    Twitter
    @jsm147
    Xbox
    Moto 70
    PSN
    MotoSeventy
    Steam
    [kia]_permian
    Wii
    Moto70

Send message
    Looking at a unit this evening, scary stuff!
  • All the best Moto! (ps: I am back now, obviously)

Also, CURSE YOU DAN. Now I have to buy stuff again...
  • Moto70
    Show networks
    Twitter
    @jsm147
    Xbox
    Moto 70
    PSN
    MotoSeventy
    Steam
    [kia]_permian
    Wii
    Moto70

Send message
    I'll get back to you at some stage, unbelievably fucking busy at the mo.

Yeah, fuck you Dan. Can't we ban him?
  • Moto70
    Show networks
    Twitter
    @jsm147
    Xbox
    Moto 70
    PSN
    MotoSeventy
    Steam
    [kia]_permian
    Wii
    Moto70

Send message
    Is there such a thing as 'fillet corners' in Illustrator? I use it frequently in my existing programme but like I say I am trying to swap to Illustrator permanently.
  • Show networks
    Twitter
    theubermod
    Xbox
    Mod74
    Steam
    Mod74
    Wii
    Not Wii - 3DS: 0146-8922-2426

Send message
    You mean individually on any item rather than just a shape? It never used to do them, that might have changed. Inkscape does it. Ahem.
  • Moto70
    Show networks
    Twitter
    @jsm147
    Xbox
    Moto 70
    PSN
    MotoSeventy
    Steam
    [kia]_permian
    Wii
    Moto70

Send message
    Mod74 wrote:
    You mean individually on any item rather than just a shape? It never used to do them, that might have changed. Inkscape does it. Ahem.
    I might either or, whatever is available. I have both on the programme I currently use (I can either select an amount and or sharp points are filleted or I can pick a tool and fillet specific sections but it looks like you are right and Illustrator doesn't have anything similar, frankly this is shockingly surprising.

Looks like I'll just have to import into Omega do the filleting and then import back in.

On another note I looked at a unit tonight and it was lovely but simply too big for a start up. it is around 1700sqft and is effectively two units and with the space for a full mezzanine (if not two!) but obviously this comes at a price and we are simply not willing to throw this much money at rent. We did however strike gold and looks like we will be moving into our own premises in April, it's around 750sqft but again we can have a mezzanine so whereas we like bigger the difference here is that we can have this place and a van and it is still cheaper.

Jim, your invite will be in the post!

NB: I will try and get a look at the logo this weekend though it might be nearer Xmas time now I have a timescale...
  • Awesome sauce. And no worries, whenever you're ready.

Hope it goes well with the workshop - smaller place sounds like a plan, what with overheads being the bane of start-ups.
  • Moto70
    Show networks
    Twitter
    @jsm147
    Xbox
    Moto 70
    PSN
    MotoSeventy
    Steam
    [kia]_permian
    Wii
    Moto70

Send message
    Here is the unit...

10870998224_063334ef4c_z.jpg

...it is the one in the left (the end one) and it is big enough to take 7.5ton trucks and still give us space, I have got the floorplans being emailed over to me and then I've got to decide the best way to lay everything out. It's going to be a bugger but now's the time to start looking at some nice office designs!!!

On another note this is a floor that I did today so I might try and think of something funky for the floor, perhaps a large version of our logo spreading across the whole lower floor?

10870874685_4aec37f386_k.jpg

10871011364_72403b776e_b.jpg
  • so it seems I should be using visio, are any of you experts?
  • Show networks
    Twitter
    theubermod
    Xbox
    Mod74
    Steam
    Mod74
    Wii

Send message
    Visio is just a diagramming tool. What are you doing that needs that over a free version?
  • well i've got visio at work (I didn't know I did) and my boss has told me to redo the workflows I was doing in word but in visio, i've made a start but i'm looking at it and it looks shit. Mainly because i'm not creative in this way. It needs tidying in some way.
  • Show networks
    Twitter
    theubermod
    Xbox
    Mod74
    Steam
    Mod74
    Wii

Send message
    Visio is shit. It's the most ginger step child of all the peripheral Office products.
  • Visio's a business tool, not a creative one. I thought it was meant to look reasonable even if you didn't know what you're doing?

Edit: oh, I see. I've never used it.
  • it doesn't look retarded but it just could look better. It would be the idea of heaven (or hell) for someone with OCD.
  • Today I submitted a piece for this -

http://www.gamepaused.net/books/luigi/

Should be out in the next month!
  • Does anyone else pinterest here?
    My work are encouraging us all to start using it for design inspiration, as such a tool it is fantastic. See something you like, dump it on pinterest, return later when in need of inspiration.

My work are also moulding me into a bit more of an interior designer (the good kind not the changing rooms kind).
    Really enjoying it and it is nice to be in a company that take the time to develop people.
  • danclarke wrote:
    Today I submitted a piece for this - http://www.gamepaused.net/books/luigi/ Should be out in the next month!

That looks awesome. Bought :)
  • Looks a lovely collection dan
  • Does anyone else pinterest here?
    My work are encouraging us all to start using it for design inspiration, as such a tool it is fantastic. See something you like, dump it on pinterest, return later when in need of inspiration.

My work are also moulding me into a bit more of an interior designer (the good kind not the changing rooms kind).
    Really enjoying it and it is nice to be in a company that take the time to develop people.

Don't use it personally but we have steered a lot of clients towards it! Seems to have a good amount of flexibility especially for that 'mood board' kind of feel.

I use Tumblr for my own 'foraging' (of which I changed the name a few days ago)-

http://arkotype.tumblr.com

• Gamermike wrote:
    danclarke wrote:
    Today I submitted a piece for this - http://www.gamepaused.net/books/luigi/ Should be out in the next month!
    That looks awesome. Bought :)

Good man - we have the GameCube (and possibly megadrive.me prints) featuring in the main book they're doing next year too!

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!