Super Mario Super Thread
  • The kings of minimum viable product.
  • The kings of minimum viable product.

And yet people lap that shit up at £50 fucking sheets. fuck me they've already rereleased the game on budget label for WiiU when it's released.
    The Forum Herald™
  • No one has Wii U. I can’t play Wii U with my daughter. I am in the house with her for 23 hours a day. I need this.
  • EvilRedEye
    Show networks
    Twitter
    adrianongaming
    Xbox
    EvilRedEye8
    PSN
    EvilRedEye8
    Steam
    EvilRedEye8

Send message
    IT HAS A NEW BIT WITH CAT SHINES SHUT UP!
    "ERE's like Mr. Muscle, he loves the things he hates"
  • Lol at the ‘day / night cycle’ in Fury. Not exactly GTA here.
  • EvilRedEye
    Show networks
    Twitter
    adrianongaming
    Xbox
    EvilRedEye8
    PSN
    EvilRedEye8
    Steam
    EvilRedEye8

Send message
    I was expecting Bowser's Fury to look like ass on a big 4K screen with it being sub-1080p but it's OK actually.
  • It hasn’t got the polish of Odyssey but then Odyssey looks absolutely outstanding so.
  • I like that World is riffing off Bros 2 and Fury is riffing off Sunshine. The two forgotten bastard step-children of the main line Marios.
  • Good old Amazon. Delivered apparently.
  • Mine arrived, can't wait to play through this again with the kids
    Not everything is The Best or Shit. Theres many levels between that, lets just enjoy stuff.
  • Super Mario Bros 2 is incredibly underrated imo.
  • davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    SMB2 is a real gem. It was a reskin of a different game but Nintendo hauled some of the characters into the universe (shyguys, Birdo etc.)
    Holding the wrong end of the stick since 2009.
  • Yeah canonically Mario meets a shy guy before a goomba.
  • Ah, Birdo. The best unloved Mario character?
    That was awkward and unsettling, never post anything like it again.
  • Mine is here with a steel tin. Got my hopes up thinking they'd delivered two copies.
  • So is it steel or tin??
    I am a FREE. I am not MAN. A NUMBER.
  • Fury
    Spoiler:
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    I can't say I've ever hidden from him yet, I just go about my tooting business and have more to toot with.

What I'm saying here is, get gud.
  • mk64 wrote:
    wow, smb 3 wr now.. that's all three games having a new WR within 2 weeks... https://youtu.be/kUCm22u-sGY
    watched a few minutes of this and i'm more impressed with the way he's just casually chatting away and reading messages while playing

I'm convinced that his bright idea about viewers using their amazon subs sort of put him in a good mood to do well. I can't articulate it better than that but I honestly feel that kinda spurred him on in a way
    He could've just said they came from another planet but seems keen to convince people with his bullshit pseudoscience that he knows stuff. I wouldn't trust him with my lunch. - SG
  • regmcfly wrote:
    I can't say I've ever hidden from him yet, I just go about my tooting business and have more to toot with.

I’ll tell my 7 year old daughter.
  • Ive just switched Mario 3D World off in utter disgust. Nintendo are wankers. They must insist on ruining their masterpieces in some petty, but quite significant way.

The attempt to shoehorn touch controls into motion controls on the new edition is a disaster. I was absolutely loving this game up until 2-2 and the star where you have to hit all the platforms with motion controls and wall jump up them before they go back in again. Fuck off. A cake walk with touch controls, nigh on impossible with wavy wavy wank. If there's more of this shit in the game, I'm not gonna bother.

Playing docked single player is a no no then but is it still touchscreen on handheld???

Edit: just tried it and yes it does indeed have touchscreen controls and it's much, much easier. Proper cunty.
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    monkey wrote:
    regmcfly wrote:

I’ll tell my 7 year old daughter.

It's the only way to learn. Cillian doesn't get near a joycon till he can do a hadouken without thinking
  • EvilRedEye
    Show networks
    Twitter
    adrianongaming
    Xbox
    EvilRedEye8
    PSN
    EvilRedEye8
    Steam
    EvilRedEye8

Send message
    Ive just switched Mario 3D World off in utter disgust. Nintendo are wankers. They must insist on ruining their masterpieces in some petty, but quite significant way.

The attempt to shoehorn touch controls into motion controls on the new edition is a disaster. I was absolutely loving this game up until 2-2 and the star where you have to hit all the platforms with motion controls and wall jump up them before they go back in again. Fuck off. A cake walk with touch controls, nigh on impossible with wavy wavy wank. If there's more of this shit in the game, I'm not gonna bother.

Playing docked single player is a no no then but is it still touchscreen on handheld???

Edit: just tried it and yes it does indeed have touchscreen controls and it's much, much easier. Proper cunty.

TBF you would have had to play those levels looking down at the 480p GamePad on the Wii U so having to play them looking down at your undocked Switch at 720p is still a step up really.
  • I also don’t think the motion control alternative was in the WiiU version, right?
  • Blitzed my way to world 3. Liking but not loving it, thus far. 

Still, even a somewhat mediocre Mario is > 90% of all games in my book.
  • 3DW is a slow burn. Good from the start but eventually great.

Up to 15 cat shines in Bowser's Fury. Seems like a quality extra so far, a full game of this would work for me.
  • It follows that NSMB thing of being enjoyable but easy until it isnt easy.
    I think most of us with heaps of gaming experience generally will get the kicks out of the later stuff.

edit: Wot Moot sed
  • Yeah, hoping it late blooms like the 3Ds one.
  • Ive just switched Mario 3D World off in utter disgust. Nintendo are wankers. They must insist on ruining their masterpieces in some petty, but quite significant way.

There’s almost no motion controls. I remember the one you mean because I had to sort out motion input into the emulator just to get past it. Barely used it afterwards.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!