Super Mario Super Thread
  • I think most issues were around it being a bit stingy not including Galaxy 2 for that price and also giving it a limited run of 6 months(iirc) for no good reason beyond hype and later artificial scarcity.

They cheapened the celebration by being a bit tight fisted.
  • Also they could have included the same kind of celebration you get in, say, smash brothers - models, tune remixes. Maybe some concept art - like in the Wii super Mario all stars. 

Maybe fixed some of the issues gameplay wise.
  • Yup all that as well.
    I think its quite a scrooge like package overall especially as Sunshine really isn't that good a game.

There's is also the long running frustration with Nintendo where really most fans just want them to have a decent library of old stuff to buy like on the Wii but extending into GC and Wii eras today. The SNES and NES libraries with the online jazz are a good start.
  • I’ve got no problem with them releasing the old games as is (even though 64 and Sunshine don’t stand up well). But doing almost nothing to them, chucking them on a cart and charging full whack is a piss take. I’m not angry or anything. I knew what I was buying. Still a piss take.

Particularly bad when compared to what the previous Mario All Stars did with its content.
  • Most Wii U games received an update of sorts - Toad, NSMBU, DKC: Tropical Freeze, even the 3DW base game has had tweaks/a speed boost. I guess 'ROM dumps' are fine, but I was expecting something more from the 35th Anniversary thing, perhaps partly to do with how the initial details were leaked in fairness. What they did was okay in terms of a retro package, but it was hardly lavish and seemed pretty cheeky for £50.
  • Ah ok. Cynical Nintendo business practice is the issue rather than the game? I’ll put it down to people wording their issues badly then.
    I am a FREE. I am not MAN. A NUMBER.
  • Amazon have the 3D Allstars cart for £36 new, which I think is pretty decent.  Was putting off buying it full price but took them up on that offer.

Would definitely have liked to have seen more effort, though. Modernised Mario 64 would have been great. As it is, it's a bit of a novelty. 

Tbh what disappointed me most was that if they do the same thing for the Zelda anniversary, Ocarina will look absolutely horrible.  Mario 64 benefits from simple textures but Zelda didn't have that. They'll need to do more to it than bump the resolution.
  • If they do exactly the same, with the same port quality, for Zelda and include Majora’s Mask, Twilight and Skyward all in HD I would absolutely lap it up. Nothing else needed. Three games, straight ports, HD, yes please.
    That was awkward and unsettling, never post anything like it again.
  • davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    monkey wrote:
    I’ve got no problem with them releasing the old games as is (even though 64 and Sunshine don’t stand up well). But doing almost nothing to them, chucking them on a cart and charging full whack is a piss take. I’m not angry or anything. I knew what I was buying. Still a piss take. Particularly bad when compared to what the previous Mario All Stars did with its content.

The Wii version of SNES Mario Allstars was a proper disgrace. I kept my money.
    Holding the wrong end of the stick since 2009.
  • davyK wrote:
    monkey wrote:
    I’ve got no problem with them releasing the old games as is (even though 64 and Sunshine don’t stand up well). But doing almost nothing to them, chucking them on a cart and charging full whack is a piss take. I’m not angry or anything. I knew what I was buying. Still a piss take. Particularly bad when compared to what the previous Mario All Stars did with its content.

The Wii version of SNES Mario Allstars was a proper disgrace. I kept my money.

Agreed, that was terrible.
    オレノナハ エラー ダ
  • If they do exactly the same, with the same port quality, for Zelda and include Majora’s Mask, Twilight and Skyward all in HD I would absolutely lap it up. Nothing else needed. Three games, straight ports, HD, yes please.

I'm hoping for a Wind Waker/Twilight Princess double pack.
    オレノナハ エラー ダ
  • You and me both, brother. I want the kids to taste the sweetness of them both. BotW is a bit overwhelming for them.
  • TP HD is one of the most worthwhile HD updates going in my opinion. It totally transforms the game into something much more playable.
  • I barely touched Twilight as I got rid of my GameCube at that point and never played Skyward or Majora’s, hence would love those three on a compilation but Wind Walker could be decent although I did most of that.
    That was awkward and unsettling, never post anything like it again.
  • EvilRedEye
    Show networks
    Twitter
    adrianongaming
    Xbox
    EvilRedEye8
    PSN
    EvilRedEye8
    Steam
    EvilRedEye8

Send message
    Haven't all the main 3D Zelda games had remakes now except for Skyward Sword? I could see them doing a double pack of HD remasters of Ocarina and Majora for 3DS, another double pack of Wind Waker and Twilight Princess HD ports and a new remaster of Skyward Sword on its own.
    "ERE's like Mr. Muscle, he loves the things he hates"
  • The waggle added nothing to TP but some of the motion plus stuff was good in SS, especially the flying beetle. Transferring some of the systems to a stick might add an extra layer of dull, and that's coming from someone who never fully embraced motion controls. I enjoyed it but I doubt I'd play it again, even with a through makeover. Come to think of it the only 3D Zelda I've played twice is BotW, and that wasn't trough choice initially (was bullied into a co-op playthrough and ended up appreciating it more the second time).
  • Skyward Sword would have the benefit of standard controls plus still use motion like Galaxy did in All-Stars.
    オレノナハ エラー ダ
  • EvilRedEye wrote:
    Haven't all the main 3D Zelda games had remakes now except for Skyward Sword? I could see them doing a double pack of HD remasters of Ocarina and Majora for 3DS, another double pack of Wind Waker and Twilight Princess HD ports and a new remaster of Skyward Sword on its own.

Can't see a 3DS double pack seeing as both are available in the Nintendo Selects range.

Could see the HD collection coming to Switch though, with Skyward Sword getting the full remaster just like 3D World to 3D All-Stars with the Mario games.
    オレノナハ エラー ダ
  • Skyward Sword would have the benefit of standard controls plus still use motion like Galaxy did in All-Stars.

Are the JoyCons capable of imitating Motion plus? I know it wasn't a giant leap, but it was a step up.
  • I think the joycons would be capable
  • wow, smb 3 wr now.. that's all three games having a new WR within 2 weeks...

https://youtu.be/kUCm22u-sGY
    He could've just said they came from another planet but seems keen to convince people with his bullshit pseudoscience that he knows stuff. I wouldn't trust him with my lunch. - SG
  • SM3DW+BF arrived.  I went for the Bowser plushy too and it's really nice!  Kids are over the moon.  Boy is tying game out now, I am hoping we can start co-op later tonight although I have a million things to do for work before my week 'off'.
  • Mine's out for delivery. Tilly's had minimal screen time this week because we're going to push through to midnight (or more likely 11pm when I pretend it's midnight). Hoping you can have local co-op + an online player but can't see confirmation online. Homemade pizza and Magnum ice cream also part of the plan. Been waiting for this for aaaaages.
  • Who whoa whoa tell me more about this bowser plushy
  • Frosty wrote:
    Who whoa whoa tell me more about this bowser plushy

Got it from Nintendo Store.   Decent size (30cm?) and seems well made.  Costs a bit (£25) but you get a few quid off if you buy with the game.  I think it cost me £68 with the game.  So £18?

Looks like it's gone!  Cat Toad also gone, but Cat Mario Peach and Luigi still available (meh).

https://store.nintendo.co.uk/games/nintendo-switch/super-mario-3d-world-bowsers-fury.list
  • Couldn't help watch the Boy play the first level.  Beautiful with that lovely OST (I have it on CD!), can't wait to play again.  Juices flowing.  Forgotten how good it is.
  • mk64 wrote:
    wow, smb 3 wr now.. that's all three games having a new WR within 2 weeks... https://youtu.be/kUCm22u-sGY
    watched a few minutes of this and i'm more impressed with the way he's just casually chatting away and reading messages while playing
    "Like i said, context is missing."
    http://ssgg.uk
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    Let's a go

aa24I3m.jpg
  • Bowsers Fury is go.

Red hot take: They’ve shat this out quick smart if the rendering on the cut scenes is anything to go by.
  • EvilRedEye
    Show networks
    Twitter
    adrianongaming
    Xbox
    EvilRedEye8
    PSN
    EvilRedEye8
    Steam
    EvilRedEye8

Send message
    Kind of a shame online co-op isn't more dynamic - you have to sit in a room so you can't just have a casual online session, needs to be pretty premeditated.
    "ERE's like Mr. Muscle, he loves the things he hates"

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!