regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    I got a game and watch and I kind of regret it now.
  • I think for £50 it needed to be better.

For one the screen being imperfect is inexcusable imo - it literally has one game to do well. Just blacken the edges or something. The lack of a classic game and watch stand is terrible as well for something advertised as a clock. The lack of smb game and watch is an annoyance for me bigger than anyone else but it is again a joke for something expensive but small.
  • Think it’s a shame they didn’t put the 1988 Super Mario Bros. Game & Watch title in there instead of Ball but I’ve bought one for my wife for Christmas after she mentioned Mario was a game she enjoyed the most growing up. Hoping it gets at least some nostalgia points!

Have a feeling there’ll be 35th anniversary Zelda and Metroid ones to follow, which I’d guess will be a simple re-branded version of this.

It’s exactly the sort of thing that’d end up in a drawer but I’d quite like a proper Game & Watch system (maybe two, one dual screen) with all the titles emulated on it - sort of thing that you can pick up and put ‘just fifteen minutes’ into before realising it’s been hours...
  • Been playing a bit of Mario 3D land with the boy, haven’t played it since I first got a 3DS a million years ago. It’s such a nicely put together game. They really should have chucked it in with the 3D world or all stars cash grabs. Hopefully it’ll see a release on switch at some point with galaxy 2.
    iosGameCentre:T3hDaddy;
    XBL: MistaTeaTime
  • EvilRedEye
    Show networks
    Twitter
    adrianongaming
    Xbox
    EvilRedEye8
    PSN
    EvilRedEye8
    Steam
    EvilRedEye8

Send message
    I loved 3D Land - more than 3D World actually.

Agree, a second compilation would be great.
    "ERE's like Mr. Muscle, he loves the things he hates"
  • 3D Land was very good. Definitely would appreciate a Switch release.
    That was awkward and unsettling, never post anything like it again.
  • Loved the coin hunt in 3D Land. They could probably chuck those two in a collection and get away with it. I expect we'll see a NSMB compilation at some point too.

Meanwhile I'm hyped for 3D World/Bowser's Fury. Pre-ordered
  • The WR on SMB1 was broken a short time ago by an english guy. It still amazes me that people can shave off time here. The number of cumilative fram perfect tricks which you need to do in a single run now is upto about 9. I know it's a short game but it's incredible.
    He could've just said they came from another planet but seems keen to convince people with his bullshit pseudoscience that he knows stuff. I wouldn't trust him with my lunch. - SG
  • It's crazy that the leaderboard records ms in addition to minutes and seconds.
  • acemuzzy
    Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    Is there any randomness at all in SMB1?
  • no RNG as such. Bowser is seen as the RNG as his behaviour in the final level is dependent on the frame rules built/buffered through the run. People seem to know which they have done and which they haven't to pretty much determine a pattern. I think that's right but not 100% sure.
    He could've just said they came from another planet but seems keen to convince people with his bullshit pseudoscience that he knows stuff. I wouldn't trust him with my lunch. - SG
  • Bowser's Fury seems to be set to run at 30fps undocked, at least at launch.  Which either bothers you or it does not.  What did previous 3D Mario games run at in terms of fps, out of interest?  

I assumed they'd all been 60, but a quick Google suggested Sunshine was reduced to 30fps shortly before launch (so 25fps for the PAL version).  Was Mario 64 60fps?
  • From what I’ve seen of it, Bowser’s Fury looks like an experiment, so it’s not a surprise they haven’t quite got an engine to back it up yet. The areas are larger than Odyssey, which is 60fps, and it’s running on the 3D World engine, which will run the base game at 60fps on Switch. I think it’s just the open world nature of it and scale that’s pushing it down to 30. Still looks fun though.
  • They've probably done well to get it running at 60fps docked, it looks great.  I'll be going all the way in on it asap, was wondering how a 3D Mario would feel in 30fps as we're all used to pushing him about twice as smoothly.
  • EvilRedEye
    Show networks
    Twitter
    adrianongaming
    Xbox
    EvilRedEye8
    PSN
    EvilRedEye8
    Steam
    EvilRedEye8

Send message
    I kinda wonder if it's a style of gameplay they investigated when they were working on Odyssey and discarded due to the technical performance, or maybe a prototype for what they want to do on the next Nintendo hardware.
  • Having so much fun with the little fella on Odyssey I've pre-ordered 3D world.. Is Nabbit one of the playable charaters a-la New Super Mario Bros Deluxe where effectively he's immune to baddies?
    The Forum Herald™
  • EvilRedEye
    Show networks
    Twitter
    adrianongaming
    Xbox
    EvilRedEye8
    PSN
    EvilRedEye8
    Steam
    EvilRedEye8

Send message
    No, 3D World has assist blocks (blocks containing a special power-up that appear after you die a certain number of times).
  • Thanks. Hopefully that'll help.
    The Forum Herald™
  • 145346378_10225559046942098_6489398841484022635_o.jpg?_nc_cat=107&ccb=2&_nc_sid=730e14&_nc_ohc=fahXOOs323gAX_CJzyv&_nc_ht=scontent.fiom2-1.fna&oh=1c158aa1dff92a4df93a634ec7bb6645&oe=603EA3A3

So we saw the credits roll on Odyssey than this popped up? The boy wants to carry on playing. IT said new Moons available? What is the end game can anyone tell me?
    The Forum Herald™
  • Mushroom Kingdom unlocked.
    And in each previous world, there’s a box which once you activate scatters new moons through the world. More green pipe challenges etc.
    My daughter probably spent 40-50 hours messing around post-game.
  • monkey wrote:
    Mushroom Kingdom unlocked. And in each previous world, there’s a box which once you activate scatters new moons through all the world. More green pipe challenges etc.

Ah! we saw those boxes.. how do you activate them?
    The Forum Herald™
  • Bob, you seem to have 146 moons in that screenshot. There are over 900 to collect... Lots more fun to be had.
  • Ha ha fucking hell Bob you're trolling hard
  • Wait. What?
  • Smb2 wr recently broken
  • davyK wrote:
    Games are still hamstrung by the medium on which they are implemented. Maybe they always will. Unlike with music, books etc the way they are created and consumes is itself still under development. Imagine not being able to play a old album or read an old book on your Kindle. Remasters for me shouldn't be done. They are either experienced as they were or just left alone. For most people going back isn't a good experience. A remaster won't fix that. Just leave it alone and get on with the next game. Colourised and/or widescreen transfers of old films. Dear oh dear. Or else go all in on retro.

There's an argument between profit and development that must happen at some point between makers and management in all games studios and that business model must compromise the artistic integrity of the final product in some way. 

It's not purity of vision, it's development costs that hamper a release. BOTW is an absolute stunner @4K and 60fps on the PC. Like open-mouthed sort of stunning. The argument about remasters I agree with, mostly, but I don't think that applies to making the original look better via emulation, and Mario Galaxy looks way better on Switch.
    "Plus he wore shorts like a total cunt" - Bob
  • mk64 wrote:
    Smb2 wr recently broken

Link a man

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!