#Raiziel
    Xbox
    Raiziel
    PSN
    NicheCode
    Wii
    Raiziel

Send message
    http://www.thesixthaxis.com/2014/06/24/interview-hello-games-talk-multiplayer-sci-fi-and-objectives-in-no-mans-sky/

He talks about the multiplayer right at the beginning of this interview, citing Journey. So it sounds like no indication is given that a ship/character you see in your game is another player or not. So no flying around with your gamer tag above your head, then. Cool. I like it.
    Get schwifty.
  • It'd may be a good thing if it was asynchronous "leave footprints" style of multiplayer interaction, rather than directly face-to-face "play on same world" MP, because I would hunt every single one of your bitches down and shank you all.

*ahem* I mean, wouldn't co-op MP be great! I'd definitely split any loot 50/50 and totally not blow you up and steal all your stuff, yes sirree! :-)
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    Help me out here gents. The only thing stopping us from getting together and partying like ewoks is the server limit isn't it?

Even if we all decided to rendezvous on Mars or where ever, and we were all standing on the same mountain, then whether or not we see each other is dependant on which server we're on, GTAV Online style.

Sounds like they're not going to bother with invites and all that shite, which is fine by me.
  • Sounds about right to me. Not that I know anything.
  • LazyGunn wrote:
    Why would they have to specify wether you can actually rendezvous with another player at this point, the game isn't even finished, the subject isn't relevant, if it turns up as a possibility and revolt is brewing, it could just go in
    They made it relevant by talking about it in a way which suggests it's possible from the off, instead of being up front and saying either it's not going to happen or they have plans to add it in an update, depending on which is true. State of Decay already pulled that trick, and it was a disappointment despite the single player game being very good anyway. I don't see the benefit to them of talking up stuff that might not be in the game, now you really are getting into Molyneux territory. If you attract people off the back of non-existant features it will only lead to frustration and mistrust. I'd be fine with the game being single player only by the way, it still sounds amazing, multiplayer can wait for a sequel for all I care.
    Totally agree with this. The devs say the chance of meeting up with another player is tiny but they dont preclude that from happening yet at the same time says its not a multiplayer game. Id agree its probably footprints on the map style multiplayer maybe with the odd drop in of another player ala Journey. It would give more confidence in the devs if they just clarified that a little. Really wish i had a ps4 now :(
    http://horganphoto.com My STILL under construction website
    PSN : superflyninja
  • Help me out here gents. The only thing stopping us from getting together and partying like ewoks is the server limit isn't it? Even if we all decided to rendezvous on Mars or where ever, and we were all standing on the same mountain, then whether or not we see each other is dependant on which server we're on, GTAV Online style. Sounds like they're not going to bother with invites and all that shite, which is fine by me.
    "Get your ass to Mars!"

TBH, until the game's nearly finished or even out, I'm not sure how much sense it makes to try to second-guess what the final form it will take, because AFAIK it's still fairly early days yet for the game. Especially for the multiplayer, because even though they've got publisher backing they still might not want to take on the reasonably huge task of adding synchronous multiplayer to it - they're still a pretty small team.
    Personally, I'm tempering my expectations to simply hope for a lovely looking space flying kind of single player game and nothing more. Anything involving MP beyond that is gravy and extra awesome bonus, but I'm not expecting it.
  • Raiziel
    Show networks
    Twitter
    #Raiziel
    Xbox
    Raiziel
    PSN
    NicheCode
    Wii
    Raiziel

Send message
    I thought he was really clear in that interview I linked to.  Because the galaxy is so vast the chances of meeting anyone are tiny, but if you do you won't see a name tag and so it's unlikely you'll even realise it was another player.  It seems very simple to understand.  If you want MP in your space sim game then No Man's Sky may not be for you and Star Citizen might be.  Does the new Elite have MP?
    Get schwifty.
  • Ah I dont care really about MP. (though I love the asynch map stuff). Just curious as to whether it was possible to meet other players or not. And its clarified now :D
    http://horganphoto.com My STILL under construction website
    PSN : superflyninja
  • Bollockoff
    Show networks
    PSN
    Bollockoff
    Steam
    Bollockoff

Send message
    Some Day Z style standoffs when you meet another player probably once a week would be fun.
  • Yeh, Im not much bothered about a multiplayer component.
    People are generally assholes.
    A Dark Souls approach would be fine in my book (minus the invasions and co-oping).
    Messages left behind or footprints, crashed ships even, that type of thing is enough for me.

It's been a while since ive played a really compelling single player game, so Im looking forward to enjoying something without lag, griefers, exploiters, idiots, people not PTFO etc...
    Live= sgt pantyfire    PSN= pantyfire
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    Raiziel wrote:
    I thought he was really clear in that interview I linked to.  Because the galaxy is so vast the chances of meeting anyone are tiny, but if you do you won't see a name tag and so it's unlikely you'll even realise it was another player.  It seems very simple to understand.
    It probably seems really clear and very simple to understand to you because you've completely missed my point about organising a rally point somewhere on the way to the centre of the galaxy. The chances of you meeting up with someone at a place you've designated to meet up are obviously far greater than if you're all just bumbling about space in the general direction of the centre.
    If you want MP in your space sim game then No Man's Sky may not be for you and Star Citizen might be.  Does the new Elite have MP?
    Again, it's not about my wants, I'd be happy enough without any MP as I stated earlier. Very nice way of saying fuck off to another thread with your MP talk by the way, but you must realise the only reason I'm talking about it is because the devs are talking about it, and I wanted to understand how it works better. Your link did clarify one thing, that it's more Dark Souls/Journey than normal MP and again, I'm fine with that.

All said, I doubt organising a meet would be worth the effort. By the time everyone got there you'd find that the chances of you being on the same server are the main obstacle in your way, and reloading saves with your fingers crossed in the hope you hit the right server next time would be an incredibly shit way to waste time in this game.
  • Raiziel
    Show networks
    Twitter
    #Raiziel
    Xbox
    Raiziel
    PSN
    NicheCode
    Wii
    Raiziel

Send message
    All said, I doubt organising a meet would be worth the effort. By the time everyone got there you'd find that the chances of you being on the same server are the main obstacle in your way, and reloading saves with your fingers crossed in the hope you hit the right server next time would be an incredibly shit way to waste time in this game.

There you go.  Now fuck off to another thread with your MP talk.
    Get schwifty.
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    You used to be so polite.
  • Raiziel
    Show networks
    Twitter
    #Raiziel
    Xbox
    Raiziel
    PSN
    NicheCode
    Wii
    Raiziel

Send message
    Give us a hug.
    Get schwifty.
  • Raiziel
    Show networks
    Twitter
    #Raiziel
    Xbox
    Raiziel
    PSN
    NicheCode
    Wii
    Raiziel

Send message
    OK, but I draw the line at whispering sweet nothings.
    Get schwifty.
  • This thread got so romantic, this is what i love about gaming, it brings us together! Now fuck off to another thread with your MP talk, bam

Hah nah, Elite: Dangerous does indeed have multiplayer, it's a core feature and part of the framework Braben proposed that could end up being epic as fuck. Like being able to literally stowaway in another player's cargo hold, then maybe kill other player as they pilot and grab their ship/go BAM and jump around on their cockpit and taking time to jump on their head and teabag them/???? Elite's structure is more like the opposite to this game too, with people starting in a familiar location with familiar factions nearby (I haven't looked it up but i guess it would be the equiv of frontier's start on Earth in Federal space/start on Lave in Imperial space)

No man's sky is not that game, it's a small and young team making an agile energetic seemingly beautiful game that will comparitively actually have less long term scope. They don't have nearly the manpower and crusty heavily bearded programmer guru brainpower that Elite has behind it either. Definitely worth looking out for these two and Star Citizen as things go on, as the exact awesome multiplayer truly free space game you want may emerge from this interesting combination of space games all popping up at once (These are not even the only ones, there are several more including a similar style based in the Eve universe)
  • I met a guy in the 90s that was still playing his 15 year old elite save. I don't think NMS is that game but it's not like these guys don't know what they're doing. The boss worked on Burnout and has been "what if"-ing about this game for years.
    "..the pseudo-Left new style.."
  • Ahh the guys for NMS definitely know their stuff in the context of what they're doing and their talent for it shows, but I do find both the way Elite already plays and looks and the framework Braben proposes that looks to have to genuine.. well, gurus on the team developing (As you would expect given Braben's experience and level), maybe a good number of them, it's more of a contender for the grounded full featured longterm lifestealer full meal of this genre reboots selections. Elite is much more so a simulation than NMS too though, realistic everything, it's not going to initially grab people as effectively and the outlook is long term, major feature releases could be a long way down the line
  • Gamertag, PSN, NNID: mikemsp            3DS code: 3668 - 8117 - 9395

Currently playing: Bone
  • HYPE
  • BUT I CANT WAIT UNTIL TOMORROW.
  • Only one sleep left until the video.
  • Raiziel
    Show networks
    Twitter
    #Raiziel
    Xbox
    Raiziel
    PSN
    NicheCode
    Wii
    Raiziel

Send message
    haha
    Get schwifty.
  • ahaha. i just woke up, i have drugs and a pretty fiancee, interesting things coming in the post and this motherfucking video on the schedule. TODAY IS THE BEST (speculative, it'll probably all end up going wrong, cept this video which will be pure sex. they better get the music right)
  • Same here. Only substitute "drugs" for "I'm actually eating an actual raw carrot" and "pretty fiancé" for "lonely". Still tho, HYPE.
  • Raiziel
    Show networks
    Twitter
    #Raiziel
    Xbox
    Raiziel
    PSN
    NicheCode
    Wii
    Raiziel

Send message
    I don't even have a carrot...

HAPPY NEW NO MAN'S SKY VIDEO DAY EVERYONE!
    Get schwifty.
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    I wonder if it's going to be a... multiplayer video?!
  • OMG TODAY IS FINALLY HERE!
    I'VE BEEN WAITING FOR THIS DAY FOR ALL OF MY YESTERDAY, AND NOW IT'S FINALLY HERE!
    HUZZAH!

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!