Hearthstone: Heroes of Warcraft
  • I'd agree that the Construct Normal bosses are harsh compared to the previous quarter.  Slinked past using a priest control on 2 bosses and a 1 health minion zoolock on the other.  I'll try the class challenges and heroic later as the new cards are too sweet so I must build some rattle decks.

I agree DJ that eggrattle didn't seem competitive.  Well, not for me anyway!  I had more success with my Shaman Totemrattle deck using reincarnate.  However, the Undertakers look freeking sweet!

Zombie Chow!
    3DS: 2105-8748-8084 Switch: SW-3316-5834-8308 PSN: aynsleyw
  • Been rocking a weird Mad Scientist Hunter secrets deck this week!  We'll just say there's been ups and downs. ;)
    Beat the normal bosses on the last wing of Naxx last night.  I want that card back, baby!
  • Servers seem a touch fucked today.
  • Popped 11 arena wins on Paladin.  Beat loads of hunters on the way then lost to one in the final fight for the 12 wins.  Had just lined him up for lethal too.

Bugger.
  • Had a go at this. It's a card game. I got bored after one game. No offence meant, i wish i got it. Can somebody explain why it's good?
  • Use card, thing happen, happy lights and noises!
  • Well, it's a good card game.
  • Plus the strategy to building decks, experimenting with tactics and themes, the lack of any real competition, Blizzard's meticulous spit and polish, tactile nature of interaction with the cards and board, the collectible factor, the surprisingly nuanced (yet overall fairly simple) rules
  • And elves.
    Live= sgt pantyfire    PSN= pantyfire
  • I still play it every day.  Amazing card game.  World Champs this weekend too.
  • The new cards so far seem really fucking well done, loads of brilliant ideas in there.

The meta will be cray when it drops.
    "Let me tell you, when yung Rouj had his Senna and Mansell Scalextric, Frank was the goddamn Professor X of F1."
  • Also Hearthstone world finals are concluding now. Top 4 just started.

www.twitch.tv/playhearthstone
    "Let me tell you, when yung Rouj had his Senna and Mansell Scalextric, Frank was the goddamn Professor X of F1."
  • Holy shit that grand final was insane!
  • ...and ...done!
  • Came to this late but just won my first online game as a lv11 Mage with my own deck - what a buzz.
    Switch Friend Code: SW-5407-6034-9226

PSN: derekg
  • Speedhaak
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Speedhaak
    PSN
    Speedhaak
    Steam
    Speedhaak
    Wii
    3841-0078-1712

Send message
    Back on the Hearthcrack. New content soon as well. Huzzah!
  • Cant wait! Haven't played much lately but watch streams almost daily.

Will be going back in once Goblins vs Gnomes drops.
  • I love it.  Finely crafted.  Seemingly simple but deceptively deep.

GvG looks awesome!
  • Absolutely hooked on this, FC4 is not getting a look in and I haven't even beat all the AI on expert yet!  Fantastic game.
    Switch Friend Code: SW-5407-6034-9226

PSN: derekg
  • Fabulous.  I'd totally recommend the Naxx expansion.  Great fun and some cool cards for Ranked play in there.
  • Really enjoying GvG so far.

Working on a kind of weapon buffing aggro with minion synergy based pirates and mechs Rogue deck I'm calling Scurvy Cogs. Best deck name EU.

Pirates do really well for establishing early board control in a rogue deck as you can guarantee a weapon, then follow up with some Iron Sensai buffed mechs to help keep pace with your opponents minions in the mid game. So far doing okay, but only running in unranked as I dont have decent pirate cards or big mechs yet, so i get wrecked pretty hard by players running 'complete' decks.

Favourite card of the expansion for me so far has to be Ogre Ninja, just for the artwork alone.
  • In case you have any amazon vouchers burning a hole in your pocket today:

http://hearthstone.blizzpro.com/2014/12/20/buy-more-packs-with-amazon-deal/

Works for me in the UK.  I currently have a bazillion packs.*

*not strictly true

It's like you buy a load and they say no, no have loads more please!

You have to dl the game via the Amazon App store and there's a disclaimer to see the bonus amazon coins you get for each purchase.  Make your initial purchase with amazon coins.  I went for Amazon 5000 coins for £40.  The picked another 500 for a few quid.

Currently standing at 113 packs with a few coins to spend.
  • This is a particularly cool website that helps you with your Arena drafts.  It gives you an explanation as well as the recommended pick.  Lots of statistical analysis of your deck too.

http://www.heartharena.com/

I'm not the best Arena player by far but I've found it enjoyable to go through my picks and rekindle my enthusiasm for this aspect of the game.  I hit 11 wins once before using the site so I'm hoping to max out a 12 some day.
  • Blackrock Mountain expansion out on 3rd April.

Woot!
  • Spoke to Pez on this last night - let the usual spiffing expansion shenanigans and meta shifts ensue!
  • Emperor. Thaurissan. Bonkers. Also that Mage class mission is hilarious (Shame about Dragons Breath though)
    "In the long run, if you play solid, you'll be a more solid player." Aris Bakhthanians
  • Yeah been tinkering with Emperor in some mill rogue decks - I'm not too good with them tbh!

Yes, the mage mission was cool!

I've not got the gumption to complete heroic mode yet but hopefully that will come.
  • The first guy is pretty easy if you just fill your deck with high cost legendarys.

Yeah there's a hilarious Rogue Mill deck using Gang Up. Ten Cold Light Oracle plays (including Shadowstep) is fucking mental in one game.

Getting some results with my Bitey Druid that has fun Blingtron + Bite + Savagery combo possibilities. Looking to get Cromaggus in there too once he's out. New cards thus far seem great, seen some fun Ressurection decks about too.

Emperor T is just value value value.
    "In the long run, if you play solid, you'll be a more solid player." Aris Bakhthanians
  • Yeah good point about the first guy - probably make sure they're not battlecry heavy too eh?

That's the one - mad coldlight oracleness!  I'm crap at it tho lol

Bitey Druid got legs you think?

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!