Hearthstone: Heroes of Warcraft
  • It summons on battle cry though iirc. I don't think you can buff it before it clones can you?
    "Let me tell you, when yung Rouj had his Senna and Mansell Scalextric, Frank was the goddamn Professor X of F1."
  • Woodimari
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Woodimari
    PSN
    Woodimari
    Steam
    Woodimari

Send message
    Its at the end of the turn so you can buff it first then it clones.

Yo Heroic Noth was a fucker, had a ton of attempts late last night with no joy. Woke up this morning and made a druid deck with giants and argus and finally killed him.
  • Woodimari wrote:
    Yup. Could get some really nasty minions with Echoing Ooze + Druid Buffs, in particular.
  • Woodimari wrote:
    Yup. Could get some really nasty minions with Echoing Ooze + Druid Buffs, in particular.
    Aye, and combos - two oozes + a minion that gives taunt dropped in between em = 4 shields :-)
  • Shit I thought it split as a battle cry. INTERDASTING.
    "Let me tell you, when yung Rouj had his Senna and Mansell Scalextric, Frank was the goddamn Professor X of F1."
  • Ok, second attempt at Mage challenge went very well. Duplicate is a lovely little secret when used properly.
    Town name: Downton - Name: Nick - Native Fruit: Apples
  • Finally got around to playing this game. Seems decent enough. Will spend a bit more time later maybe.
    iosGameCentre:T3hDaddy;
    XBL: MistaTeaTime
  • Yo, can Mac play Windows on this? My bro's a big mtg player, I'm meeting him halfway by suggesting this, but different os.
  • Answer, yes you can.
  • Subbax
    Show networks
    Facebook
    andrew.henderson
    Twitter
    Subbax
    Xbox
    Subbax
    PSN
    SubAxe
    Steam
    Subbax

Send message
    How do I know which cards I should disenchant or is it just any I get more than 2 of?
    It's a goddamn snoozefest out there.
  • The game automatically tells you when you have more than 2 of something and will allow you to disenchant them with minimal fuss.
    Other than that it's what you feel you can't accommodate into a deck.
    Town name: Downton - Name: Nick - Native Fruit: Apples
  • Vastik
    Show networks
    Twitter
    curiousmachine
    PSN
    Curious__Machine
    Steam
    CuriousMachine
    Wii
    Jammy

Send message
    Just did Plague quarter on normal with my Druid. Pretty easy, I expect Hard to be improbable though.

Loetheb went down in a hilarious manner thanks to swiping at 3 spores :D

https://mobile.twitter.com/CuriousMachine/status/495128899983245312/photo/1
  • Heroic Noth and Heigan were both good fun with regard to building a deck to defeat them.  Went for a freeze Mage with big minions against Noth to counter his 5/5 spawn.  Struggled for a while against Heigan then went for an unconventional Hunter deck with some traps and control shots alongside various death rattle minions that I popped in the left side space.  Worked eventually.
    3DS: 2105-8748-8084 Switch: SW-3316-5834-8308 PSN: aynsleyw
  • Subbax
    Show networks
    Facebook
    andrew.henderson
    Twitter
    Subbax
    Xbox
    Subbax
    PSN
    SubAxe
    Steam
    Subbax

Send message
    I've done the first quarter with minimal problems once I'd had a think about counters. Just done the two class games on first go. Looking forward to trying the heroic ones now.
  • Stoneskin Gargoyle is a beast for Priest class - Played turn 3, got ignored by opponent, next turn +2 health, double health, attack = health buffs built it into a 12/12 and he had no removal, he hit it a bit and got it down to 1 health but couldn't kill it, then start of next turn boom back to 12/12 :-D 
    Likewise, ignore those lightwells at your peril ;-)
  • Subbax
    Show networks
    Facebook
    andrew.henderson
    Twitter
    Subbax
    Xbox
    Subbax
    PSN
    SubAxe
    Steam
    Subbax

Send message
    I don't think it's possible for me to do Heroic Naxx with a basic deck. Not unless I properly figure out what's good. I think I need more of the standard cards so for now I'm going to concentrate on Arena and try to get more packs.
  • Yeah the Stoneskin Gargoyle is going to make certain priest and druid decks pretty nasty. However I suspect that we will see an upturn in people taking silence cards like ironbeak owl to counter a lot of the Naxx cards and their combos if their decks don't already carry a lot of removal cards like Mage, Rogue and Shammy.
  • Ive re-installed this and started playing again.
    Am I right in thinking that the only way to actually earn gold and packs is to battle other hoomans?
    I dont like playing against people (but I'll happily compete all day at BF - weird).

In fact, can I enter the arena thingy then just immediately forfeit all my matches and get the gold for entering?
    Live= sgt pantyfire    PSN= pantyfire
  • Subbax
    Show networks
    Facebook
    andrew.henderson
    Twitter
    Subbax
    Xbox
    Subbax
    PSN
    SubAxe
    Steam
    Subbax

Send message
    It costs gold to enter the arena so you'd lose out. I'm not even sure what you win from arena with no wins.

I won 2 the other day before bowing out and got 40ish gold and a pack. I'm terrible at this game.
  • pantyfire wrote:
    Ive re-installed this and started playing again. Am I right in thinking that the only way to actually earn gold and packs is to battle other hoomans?
    Yup - you get daily Quests up to a maximum of 3 concurrent - see what ones you've got with the "!" on the main page. If they're showing a red "X" you can switch that out for a different random quest if you don't like the one you've got.
    You can only complete these quests in Ranked, Casual or The Arena - i.e. against another human rather than grinding the AI.
    pantyfire wrote:
    I dont like playing against people (but I'll happily compete all day at BF - weird).
    Yeah me to, I'm not particularly competitive. Plus I kept getting my arse kicked.
    I will say that if you haven't, try the Ranked online - it seems more consistent with giving me a player around my level rather than the Casual, where I kept getting destroyed by people throwing out legendary cards left, right and centre.
    pantyfire wrote:
    In fact, can I enter the arena thingy then just immediately forfeit all my matches and get the gold for entering?

It's not worth it - it costs 150 gold to enter Arena, and if you bomb out straight away you only get 1 pack, whereas you can buy a pack for 100 gold.
    So it's only really worth going into the arena once you're half decent at the normal online game and can construct and play a deck to win a few games - I think it's only after about 2 or 3 wins that the Arena reward is actually more than 150 gold's worth of stuff.
  • So, I've just been doing whatever quests I can do easily in Ranked matches to earn gold - then buying packs for 100 gold at a time. Only played Arena a few times and I'm not good enough for it to be worth playing.
  • Subbax
    Show networks
    Facebook
    andrew.henderson
    Twitter
    Subbax
    Xbox
    Subbax
    PSN
    SubAxe
    Steam
    Subbax

Send message
    You'd be surprised at what you can do in arena. My firs go I won enough to get back my 150 entrance fee and 2-3 packs. I think it was 5 or 6 wins.

As mentioned, you should come up against people with a prime deck but it does help to know what's classed as good and I suppose something about mechanics or something. I've got what I believe to be a good arena deck but haven't started yet. Maybe tonight.
  • Subbax
    Show networks
    Facebook
    andrew.henderson
    Twitter
    Subbax
    Xbox
    Subbax
    PSN
    SubAxe
    Steam
    Subbax

Send message
    Oh and if you haven already, beat each of the AI characters and get all the basic cards with characters. That'll net you some change. I believe achievement tracking isn't in yet but you get cash for them.

Had forgotten I hadn't disenchanted something so got an extra 95 dust on top of the 20 for binning Ancient Mage. What can I get for 115? Knife juggler?
  • Save the dust until you have 1600 and can craft Rag or Ysera if you don't have them yet.
  • Subbax
    Show networks
    Facebook
    andrew.henderson
    Twitter
    Subbax
    Xbox
    Subbax
    PSN
    SubAxe
    Steam
    Subbax

Send message
    I've pretty much just picked this back up so don't have much. I need to try and flesh out my own cards for ranked but I could probably save.

Zoo decks seem all the rage these dates, do many of the expensive legendaries get picked for those?
  • Only Leeroy, but the rocket goblin thingy card will do as a substitute.
  • Subbax
    Show networks
    Facebook
    andrew.henderson
    Twitter
    Subbax
    Xbox
    Subbax
    PSN
    SubAxe
    Steam
    Subbax

Send message
    Had a great ranked game on my lvl6 Hunter just now. I won with 1hp so now I'm rank 20. Does the card back unlock at the end of the season and how long are they?
  • Deleted it again. Sigh.
  • Subbax
    Show networks
    Facebook
    andrew.henderson
    Twitter
    Subbax
    Xbox
    Subbax
    PSN
    SubAxe
    Steam
    Subbax

Send message
    pantyfire wrote:
    Deleted it again. Sigh.
    Not enjoying it?
  • Not really.
    I'm not enjoying it enough to invest any time into really figuring out a deck build and it's strategy to beat humans either, which means no money, no cards.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!