Hearthstone: Heroes of Warcraft
  • I managed to get on briefly. But this was just as I was experimenting with it to see what changes had been made.
    Funnily, I've not had this issue with PSN for a while. ;)
    Town name: Downton - Name: Nick - Native Fruit: Apples
  • Wow Anub'Rekhan is a piece of shit.
    Always seems to have the cards he needs.
    Got taunts? Here's a locust swarm.
    Minion? Taste a shadow bolt. Oh, and a frost bolt, nope, two of them.
    2/8 taunt for 3 mana? Yep, here's one. Charge minion that puts a random shitty minion on the field for your opponent on death? But it hits hard and has charge? Yeah, one of one too.
  • Heh, I tried Expert mode.

Fuck that noise.
  • Subbax
    Show networks
    Facebook
    andrew.henderson
    Twitter
    Subbax
    Xbox
    Subbax
    PSN
    SubAxe
    Steam
    Subbax

Send message
    After selecting the first thingy and being kicked, I can't even get onto the iPad version at the moment.

I thought we had to pay to unlock it?
    It's a goddamn snoozefest out there.
  • The first section is free as long as you start it in the next 2 weeks or something.
  • I can't get in at all any more.
    For those that have had success, got any tips?
  • Is Anub the first spider?
  • Blue Swirl
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Fuck Mugtome
    Twitter
    BlueSwirl
    Xbox
    Blue5wirl
    PSN
    BlueSwirl
    Steam
    BlueSwirl
    Wii
    3DS: 0602-6557-8477, Wii U: BlueSwirl

Send message
    Single player adventure mode, you say? Sold. Bugger playing randoms, but I still want to practice for the day when I play one of you motley lot.
    For those with an open mind, wonders always await! - Kilton (monster enthusiast)
  • Is Anub the first spider?

Yeah. Have had tries with the rogue, paladin, mage and priest and lost every time. Nothing particularly high damage but the fucker always has what he needs to muller me.
    Priest was the closest I got.
  • Just killed all the bosses on normal first go with my zoolock deck.  Lots of smaller minions following the mana curve as you go.  I just went for the face each time and had too many minions out for them to deal with.  Encountered one taunt that provided negligible challenge.

If you're using another class apart from Warlock I'm guessing an aggro rush deck of any kind will be effective.

Cool unlocks but no spoilers here.

I love an early gaming morning before work!

EDIT:  Got hammered on Heroic using the same deck and tactics.  Time to tinker!
    3DS: 2105-8748-8084 Switch: SW-3316-5834-8308 PSN: aynsleyw
  • Sas, some zoolock (aggro rush Warlock) decks at various budgets that I mentioned this morning:

http://www.icy-veins.com/hearthstone/warlock-decks

Just beat first boss on Heroic after changing to my control Paladin.  Pretty tough but with a few board clear strategies spider dude was down!
  • I managed to beat Anub'Rekhan in the end. Had a load of health to spare too. Faerlina fell pretty easily, Maexxna is causing me trouble though. A lot more powerful minions coming out, and that 3 cost web spin is a fucking annoyance.
  • Haha, can't wait to try this
    Heroic mode

While you'll need a fair amount of luck to pull this trick off, it's actually possible to beat the Heroic version of Maexxna using a pretty cheap deck from Hearthpwn user Adurin. To pull this gimmicky win off, you'll need to have a Consecration in your hand by turn four, while your opponent has nothing but Haunted Creepers out. Once you're in that position, use Consecration to fill her board with 1/1 minions, blocking Maexxna from playing anything else all match. After that it's a case of letting her Hero ability bounce Battlecry healing minions back to you, which you play again on your next turn while cautiously introducing damage. Cheap, but effective.
  • Woodimari
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Woodimari
    PSN
    Woodimari
    Steam
    Woodimari

Send message
    I managed all the Naxx stuff last night, Heroic was pretty hard the first time for each but when you know what bollocks they come out with it's a bit easier. Maexxna was indeed the most difficult, took about 4-5 attempts.

EDIT: Oddly I found the class challenges more difficult, kept getting close then losing. I managed them with ease after Heroic but before I was slammin' fists, such terrible starting hands.
  • So much comes down to the starting hand.

It doesn't look like you're able to craft the new cards. Is that going to be allowed later on, do we know?
  • Managed to clear the wing and have done the Druid challenge, Rogue was going ok, then bad and then connection lost as I was about to play alexstraza.
  • Thoughsteal wrecks up these pussyclart AI cheating bosses because their own cards are imba as fuck.
    "Let me tell you, when yung Rouj had his Senna and Mansell Scalextric, Frank was the goddamn Professor X of F1."
  • Blue Swirl
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Fuck Mugtome
    Twitter
    BlueSwirl
    Xbox
    Blue5wirl
    PSN
    BlueSwirl
    Steam
    BlueSwirl
    Wii

Send message
    Sasukekun wrote:
    Haha, can't wait to try this

Wait, there's a hard limit on the number of minions you can have in play?
    For those with an open mind, wonders always await! - Kilton (monster enthusiast)
  • Yeah 7. Although getting 7 on the board in open play is pretty rare outside of Unleash the Hounds.
    "Let me tell you, when yung Rouj had his Senna and Mansell Scalextric, Frank was the goddamn Professor X of F1."
  • Blue Swirl
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Fuck Mugtome
    Twitter
    BlueSwirl
    Xbox
    Blue5wirl
    PSN
    BlueSwirl
    Steam
    BlueSwirl
    Wii

Send message
    Roujin wrote:
    Although getting 7 on the board in open play is pretty rare...

I can imagine, I had no idea there was even a limit. I thought it was like MtG! :)
  • I've actually built my own deck to beat Heroic Maexxna.  It's all about using her heroic ability to your advantage so I stuffed my deck with loads of Battlecry and Charge minions and wrapped them up with some Mage spells to add some control and direct damage.

Similar to what that guy says, Sas, but without being quite so cheap.

I agree with the class challenges being more frustrating.  Did Druid first go then took an age to complete the rogue one.

Sorted.
  • It took me a two goes to do the Rogue challenge, but the druid one went pretty spiffingly.
    Heroic Anub was horrendous, wont be revisiting that any time soon
  • I did both challenges first time, but have lost both Heroic efforts. Need to build some decks for them, I reckon.
  • Breezed the class challenges, had to take a second attempt at the second and third bosses on Normal, but fucking lol so far at Heroic Anub and his 45 hp 2 mana 4/4 every turn.

Gonna try a frost mage stall deck on him at some point just hold back his wall of bullshit while waiting for ice lance combos to get drawn.
  • I used a deck akin to this for Heroic Anub:

http://www.hearthhead.com/news=241859/i-will-taunt-you-a-second-time-and-a-third-and-a-fourth-time

Some cool whole board clear and control strategies within it.  Does well on the ladder against aggro rush too.
  • Woodimari
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Woodimari
    PSN
    Woodimari
    Steam
    Woodimari

Send message
    Well this was nice to open up this morning, 1 arena pack :D

Hearthstone_Screenshot_7252014073011_zps3c58be03.png
  • I CAN WAIT FOR NERFS ALL DAY!

RIP NAGLE NEVA4GET WHEN I HAD U AND TINKMASTER IN MAI DECK B4 THE META CAUGHT UP AND NERFED YOU.

I CRAI EVRY TIM.
  • I haven't got a purple or orange card in about 7 decks... :(
  • Vastik
    Show networks
    Twitter
    curiousmachine
    PSN
    Curious__Machine
    Steam
    CuriousMachine
    Wii
    Jammy

Send message
    Had a great match against that giant spider yesterday where my Druid's health had been dropped to 1 against her 28. Controlling the board and gradually boosting armour and eventually health squished that spider, despite that bloody Web Wrap :)
  • The druid class challenge showed me that the stone gargoyle + mark of the wild and other druid buff cards = zoo killer. I used a mark of the wild and a power of the wild to make a 3/10 taunt that regenerates all it's health every turn.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!