Hearthstone: Heroes of Warcraft
  • Heroic Anub is down after 5 or 6 attempts with my tempo-ish pally deck.

Relied on getting early peacekeepers, truesilvers and equality pyro combos to see off his fucking 4/4 bullshit summons and keep the board clear until Tirion, Ysera, Rag, Stormwind Champs, Sunwalkers and the faceless manipulators arrive to put the stupid shitfanny in a hurt locker.

Could have taken 50 games, beating this boss on Heroic is just a matter of playing until you get a really good draw.
    "Let me tell you, when yung Rouj had his Senna and Mansell Scalextric, Frank was the goddamn Professor X of F1."
  • Just my imagination or is Stiched Abomination a good play of you have Nerubian egg in your deck?
    Town name: Downton - Name: Nick - Native Fruit: Apples
  • My mix of magic power and combo Pally for Anub, Tempo Rogue for Faeralina and a speedy hunter deck with heals for Maex did the trick. Wasn't trying for the 1/1 board jam but it turned out that way anyway. Actually ended up milling her for about 5 turns as I replennned 5 for every 7, did hero power every turn. Got her down to 20 and Unleash plus Leeroy took her down to unrecoverable. Look forward to the next few wings, got enough dust for gold Loatheb, in to all ze decks you go...
    "In the long run, if you play solid, you'll be a more solid player." Aris Bakhthanians
  • Abom is if you fancy clearing Zoo and giving yourself a 4/4 certainly!
    "In the long run, if you play solid, you'll be a more solid player." Aris Bakhthanians
  • Cherry_Pez wrote:
    Abom is if you fancy clearing Zoo and giving yourself a 4/4 certainly!

Or two. ;)
  • Eggs with Baron Geddon for gauranteed popping next turn?

Also those eggs really hurt Pally turn 4 consecrates, as a 4/4 on turn 4 will probably be the biggest thing on the board.

EDIT: OMG EGG PLUS ALCHEMIST INSTA HATCH COMBO! COPYRIGHT ME. ALSO EGG PLUS BOMBER IF YOU LIKE THE RNG.
    "Let me tell you, when yung Rouj had his Senna and Mansell Scalextric, Frank was the goddamn Professor X of F1."
  • My budget Zoo deck has its first 2 weeks outside of Naxxramas. Good fun, but does feel a bit like a cheap win.
  • Added the eggs and abomination to a deck. Only had one chance to play it, but was against a rogue and it died before I could attack with it. Still won the fight regardless, was just annoying.
  • 3DS: 2105-8748-8084 Switch: SW-3316-5834-8308 PSN: aynsleyw
  • Well, heroic Maexxna is finally down.

Came close to stabilising the board and taking control with a pally deck with lots of healing, close to out damaging her with a warrior aggro charge deck, but in the end, finally had success with a fucking weaksauce unleash the derps Hunter deck after finally getting her to put four spiders out so I could wipe the board and fill it with the 1/1 spiders allowing me to drop hounds + wolf combos to massively outdamage her.

Had I had the same situation with both the pally and the warrior deck before it would have been game over for her in those games as well, for some reason she just didn't want to put that fourth spider down in any of those games!

Also, this is only the first dungeon in Naxx, god help up us for the fifth dungeon.
  • Blue Swirl
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Fuck Mugtome
    Twitter
    BlueSwirl
    Xbox
    Blue5wirl
    PSN
    BlueSwirl
    Steam
    BlueSwirl
    Wii
    3DS: 0602-6557-8477, Wii U: BlueSwirl

Send message
    I can't beat the first guy in Naxxramas. Send help.
    For those with an open mind, wonders always await! - Kilton (monster enthusiast)
  • I think that's when I started a warlock Murloc zoo deck - which I've been enjoying quite a lot in ranked play and is particularly hilarious when you go up against someone else running murlocs. Paladin zoo is handy as well, for some of those insane "add health, double health, attack is equal to health" buff combos.
  • I think you meant Priest zoo, those are all priest buffs. That said, pally zoo is also a really good zoo deck, sword of justice, divine shields and aldor peacekeepers really make your guys hard to remove.

Swirl, the first boss seems to be a matter of playing until you get a decent card draw, as he doesn't always go for his hero power. Paladin decks have decent tools to get around his 4/4s in the early game, equality, truesilver champion and aldor peacekeeper all work well.
  • Blue Swirl
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Fuck Mugtome
    Twitter
    BlueSwirl
    Xbox
    Blue5wirl
    PSN
    BlueSwirl
    Steam
    BlueSwirl
    Wii

Send message
    Noted, ta fellas.
    For those with an open mind, wonders always await! - Kilton (monster enthusiast)
  • Roujin wrote:
    I think you meant Priest zoo, those are all priest buffs. ...
    Woops! Yes, sorry, Priest. 
    I get confused because I'm still pretty n00b at this game. 
    Naxx got me into it a bit more than I had been, as I was getting pounded in casual MP and the arena (and hadn't even touched Ranked) so had kinda given up on it.
    However, tackling naxx encouraged me to do a bit of deck research on hearthpwn and elsewhere to construct a cheap warlock zoo deck, whcih I then changed to go murlocs just because I find them so amusing! 
    Then I started a bit of ranked play and found it a lot more balanced than casual TBH - came up against one gold warrior (who must have won 500 matches as warrior to get the gold char, so I knew I was in trouble) but on the whole it's pretty good at levelling you to where you can get a good matchup instead of casual, where I'd either go up against people who didn't seem to know what their cards do or someone who kicks my arse with a bunch of legendaries.
  • Subbax
    Show networks
    Facebook
    andrew.henderson
    Twitter
    Subbax
    Xbox
    Subbax
    PSN
    SubAxe
    Steam
    Subbax

Send message
    I need to get back into this. I don't even know what a zoo deck is. I may try the Druid guy.
    It's a goddamn snoozefest out there.
  • Subbax wrote:
    I need to get back into this. I don't even know what a zoo deck is. I may try the Druid guy.
    Yeah - I was a bit stumped by all the jargon that very quickly arose around this - mulligan? zoolock? handlock?

Ended up just having to google it all - and have a gander around the highly-ranked decks here: http://www.hearthpwn.com/

(FWIW - mulligan is the switching out of your initial cards before the first round, Zoo is when you design a deck intended to play lots of very cheap minions to rush and swamp the other player before they get a chance to get to their big cards, zoolock is a Warlock zoo deck, handlock is a Warlock deck designed to get a large number of cards in your hand, or minions onto the board, in order to play the big Giant cards that become cheaper to play according to how many cards are in your hand or on the board).

Anyone know what the best glossary is? 
    Found these:  http://www.icy-veins.com/hearthstone/glossary-of-terms
    http://www.reddit.com/r/hearthstone/comments/1b3s3e/general_ccgtcg_terminology/

but neither of them actually include the term "zoo"
  • I wouldn't expect them to include zoo as it's the name of a deck, as opposed to a terminology used in the game. Unless those glossaries include stuff like miracle rogue, healadin etc, in which case zoo should probably be added.

As an aside, the reason the deck is called zoo is because it a deck type that surfaced in Magic: The Gathering, where it used a lot of low cost creatures that were all/mainly animals, hence zoo.

Mulligan is a general (American iirc) term for having another go at something. Gets used in golf a lot. Hence it's use at the start of the game when swapping your opening hand cards.

That said, another place that might have useful stuff may be hearthpwn.com, I think that's the most popular site outside reddit for stuff.
  • Subbax
    Show networks
    Facebook
    andrew.henderson
    Twitter
    Subbax
    Xbox
    Subbax
    PSN
    SubAxe
    Steam
    Subbax

Send message
    I'm going to assume that the best way to get cards is still arena?
    It's a goddamn snoozefest out there.
  • Without spending dosh it is Subbax.  You'll get a deck for each completed run and increments of dust/gold depending upon how successful your run was.  Occasionally I've been awarded a rare card too.

Swirl,  I beat the first Naxx boss with a regular Warlock Zoo deck.
    3DS: 2105-8748-8084 Switch: SW-3316-5834-8308 PSN: aynsleyw
  • Blue Swirl
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Fuck Mugtome
    Twitter
    BlueSwirl
    Xbox
    Blue5wirl
    PSN
    BlueSwirl
    Steam
    BlueSwirl
    Wii

Send message
    ayns wrote:
    Swirl,  I beat the first Naxx boss with a regular Warlock Zoo deck.

Ah, excellent.

One question. What's a Warlock Zoo deck? ;)
  • It's a Warlock deck stuffed with low mana cost minions.  Check out the low budget aggro deck first then you can see how it builds from there:

http://www.icy-veins.com/hearthstone/warlock-decks

More here:

http://www.hearthhead.com/decks?filter=cl=9;na=zoo

Cheap to build and fun to play!
  • Midnight for Plague Quarter tonight. But hey said that last week and it opened around 9pm, so it should be similar this week.
  • RELEASE... THE LAGEN!!
  • Plague quarter open and defeated on normal. Will attempt class challenges tomorrow.
    You guys are going to LOVE the Loatheb fight.
  • Blue Swirl
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Fuck Mugtome
    Twitter
    BlueSwirl
    Xbox
    Blue5wirl
    PSN
    BlueSwirl
    Steam
    BlueSwirl
    Wii

Send message
    ayns wrote:
    Cheap to build and fun to play!

Top banana, I shall investigate forthwith.
  • Hunter challenge was fun. Failed the Mage challenge though. Will try again later.
  • Just seen my son breeze through normal Plague Quarter with his hunter deck. I'd shown him the way by losing twice to the first boss with my control Pally. ;)
  • So I noticed that on the hearthsone wiki for Naxxramas they are listing all the cards now.

http://hearthstone.gamepedia.com/Curse_of_Naxxramas

Holy shit at the Feugen and Stalagg combo.

Kel'Thuzad himself though, takes the prize for most hilarious card power ever. At the end of your turn, summon all friendly minions that died that turn. Immediately off the top of my head that sounds like using this card with Tirion Fordring, Hogger, or some of the other bigger taunt minions is going to be a nightmare. Ironbark Defender would be brutal.

However my second thought was that this is just going to make Handlock unbearable to play against now. It was nice to be happy for a few seconds anyway.
  • Buffed echoing ooze will be funny for zoo decks :-)

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!