Subbax
    Xbox
    Subbax
    PSN
    SubAxe
    Steam
    Subbax

Send message
    For my own decks I've pretty much been using the basic decks on IcyVeins. You only use the cards that are unlocked by leveling the characters to 10. Managed to get wins to rank 20.

Arena is a little different but again, used icy veins to understand which cards are great, average and terrible.

Here's where I started. Click onto a character and it'll give you a decent free deck build and then a few that cost varying amounts of dust. I've not enchanted anything so only have what I've won, which isn't much!
    It's a goddamn snoozefest out there.
  • Subbax wrote:
    Had a great ranked game on my lvl6 Hunter just now. I won with 1hp so now I'm rank 20. Does the card back unlock at the end of the season and how long are they?

Yeah. Card backs are unlocked at the end of a season. New backs are unlocked if you hit 20, but you can't get lower than 20 once you hit it. A season lasts one month.
    Town name: Downton - Name: Nick - Native Fruit: Apples
  • So, military quarter is now open. Razuvious is an arse.
  • @sub
    I'll give it one more go using your link. Ta.
    Live= sgt pantyfire    PSN= pantyfire
  • Sasukekun wrote:
    So, military quarter is now open. Razuvious is an arse.
    Heroic, or the normal? cos I just breezed the normal first go with my health buff priest. Robbed his 2 0/7 taunts, got a couple of lightwells down and any damage he did to 1 of them got healed up straight away. +2 health, double health, inner fire = 18/18 with taunt for face punching.
  • Normal. Several attempts now and I just can't shake him.
  • Subbax
    Show networks
    Facebook
    andrew.henderson
    Twitter
    Subbax
    Xbox
    Subbax
    PSN
    SubAxe
    Steam
    Subbax

Send message
    How is everyone getting the cheddar for unlocking the quarters? Just powering the dailies?
  • Sasukekun wrote:
    Normal. Several attempts now and I just can't shake him.
    Not wanting to state the obvious, but you have used the crystal thing to grab his 2 taunt minions on turn 1? What class and kind of build are you using? Priest buffing those 0/7 taunts and keeping them healed worked a treat for me.
    Subbax wrote:
    How is everyone getting the cheddar for unlocking the quarters? Just powering the dailies?
    I paid ca$h mon£y$ - once I feel I've got a certain amount of enjoyment from a F2P game I don't mind paying them some moolah.
  • djchump wrote:
    Sasukekun wrote:
    Normal. Several attempts now and I just can't shake him.
    Not wanting to state the obvious, but you have used the crystal thing to grab his 2 taunt minions on turn 1? What class and kind of build are you using? Priest buffing those 0/7 taunts and keeping them healed worked a treat for me.

I've tried Zoolock, Paladin and Control Warrior. Not too sure about priest as yet, as it's a class I'm not hugely clued in on.
  • Subbax
    Show networks
    Facebook
    andrew.henderson
    Twitter
    Subbax
    Xbox
    Subbax
    PSN
    SubAxe
    Steam
    Subbax

Send message
    Sick. Just got another win in Ranked with my free Shamamalan deck.  Need another level or so to get the lvl10 card.
  • @sas: I find Priest is pretty easy to play TBH - all about buffing minions and keeping them alive, useful for when you need to keep something on the board. Then when you buff up a minions health massively, give it "inner fire" and it does as much damage as it has health :-)
  • Annoyingly, the Eurogamer tip is to use a deck build that uses a card unlocked from beating a later boss.
    Bloody stupid.

As for priest deck builds, have you got any decent links?
  • Sasukekun wrote:
    Annoyingly, the Eurogamer tip is to use a deck build that uses a card unlocked from beating a later boss. Bloody stupid. As for priest deck builds, have you got any decent links?
    I've mostly been using hearthpwn and hearthhead.

http://www.hearthpwn.com
    http://www.hearthhead.com/decks

I think this is the actual priest build I made for Noth and have been using ever since: http://www.hearthhead.com/deck=61496/heroic-noth-the-plaguebringer-priest-inner-fire

I didn't have a couple of blues so substituted in some other handy minions (e.g. Stone skin gargoyle)
  • Pantyfire, I did the same as Subb when I first started playing. The icey veins basic decks are pretty cool and you can see how they later develop with the more expensive versions. 

The only other link I'd add for decks is here: 

http://hearthstone.blizzpro.com/tag/deck-list/

As mentioned Hearth head is cool and you can enter your collection on their site too so that you can we how much dust you personally need to construct various decks.

I beat Normal Military Quarter and the Shaman and Warlock class challenges today.  Went away and built a Warlock Eggrattle deck which I'm excited about trying.

Tomorrow I'll look at taking my Priest through Heroic Military Quarter.

For the record I purchased Naxx access for real money.  No problem dropping cash for the hours I've spent on this.
    3DS: 2105-8748-8084 Switch: SW-3316-5834-8308 PSN: aynsleyw
  • Subbax
    Show networks
    Facebook
    andrew.henderson
    Twitter
    Subbax
    Xbox
    Subbax
    PSN
    SubAxe
    Steam
    Subbax

Send message
    You must have to get so lucky with the heroic wins with a basic deck. I'm getting stomped by Anub before a can get anything decent out. Tried paladin with gurubashi blessing of kings, tried Mage flame strike method and countless other decks and I've never been even close at all.
  • It'll be tricky Subbax.  DJs boss deck link may help.

Just killed the last Military boss on Heroic!  Used an odd Hunter deck with few beasts and loads of traps and shots.  Ping those horsemen!
  • ayns wrote:
    ...Went away and built a Warlock Eggrattle deck which I'm excited about trying. ...
    Hehe yeah that's the first thing I did once I got Rivendare - having him on the board and popping an egg to get 2 of the 4/4s was pretty funny! :-)
  • Subbax
    Show networks
    Facebook
    andrew.henderson
    Twitter
    Subbax
    Xbox
    Subbax
    PSN
    SubAxe
    Steam
    Subbax

Send message
    I'll keep trying but I think I need to concentrate on arena for now and try to get some better cards and ones to dust.
  • Just adapted my control Paladin to add some of the Plague Quarter cards.  Had the great pleasure of playing Loatheb against a turn 6 concealed auctioneer miracle Rogue allowing me to roger him with my Holy Implement of Rogering +1.

Bit of a win streak tonight.  Rank 15!  I guess everyone's in Naxx.

DJ are you using egg rattle in Ranked?  I'm scared.
  • Ha ha. Thanks Subb for the icy-veins link. 
    I followed the basic priest and Mage decks. 
    After battering the AI for a bit I took the priest online. 
    3 games, 3 wins. 
    First was a fairly straightforward back and forth win. 

Second was weird, the guy kept whittling away at me and got me down to 1 health while he had 11, but I was saving one 5 damage spell and I knew there was another that was poised to come up. So I kept cool and managed to take 12 points of health off him in one turn, while my hero is sitting there with one health. Guy was probably raging. 

Third was really good, half way through the guy pulled out some card with a 9-9 value then spent 3 turns buffing it to 15-14 but I was like all ssppllgggh, not bovvered. He managed to attack with it and took 50% of my health off! but the card I was waiting for came out the very next turn. The Shadowspell Death, which destroyed it, after that I knew his whole plan revolved around getting that card out and buffing it for 2 massive strikes, and now his tactic was fucked. So we got into the no cards in your hand trap, so both of us would draw a card and play it but he had spunked his offensive cards, he was chipping away at me but I kept healing myself and smacking him back, until those 5 damage spells came out the draw deck again and bam fuck you. So the game went:
    Him 27
    Me 15
    Him 22
    Me 8
    Him 15
    Me 8
    Him 11
    Me 7
    Him 0
    Me 8.
  • You had to be there.
  • Blue Swirl
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Fuck Mugtome
    Twitter
    BlueSwirl
    Xbox
    Blue5wirl
    PSN
    BlueSwirl
    Steam
    BlueSwirl
    Wii
    3DS: 0602-6557-8477, Wii U: BlueSwirl

Send message
    pantyfire wrote:
    You had to be there.

Reminds me of Rimmer's Risk Campaign Diary from Red Dwarf. "So I picked up the dice, and rolled a five and a four!"
    For those with an open mind, wonders always await! - Kilton (monster enthusiast)
  • Subbax
    Show networks
    Facebook
    andrew.henderson
    Twitter
    Subbax
    Xbox
    Subbax
    PSN
    SubAxe
    Steam
    Subbax

Send message
    Glad you're enjoying it finally, panty. I was very close to not playing it again and icy veins helped me. I still can't see card synergy with others but I can kinda understand it when I stumble across it in my own deck or someone shows me.

I struggle with keeping up pressure. I always seem to go all out and eventually lose board/card control. Doesn't matter so much if I've enough board presence to keep up face attack but if I'm struggling to keep cards on the board I often run out of steam.
  • ayns wrote:
    ... DJ are you using egg rattle in Ranked?  I'm scared.
    Not took it against humans yet - just gave it a quick whizz against some easy AI to see how it played and because I had a "Get 7 wins in any game mode" quest for 100 gold :-)

Rivendare could end up making a lot of zoolock players change up their decks for deathrattle - but its nicely balanced in that there's a few handy/tough minion deathrattle cards where the DR gives the other player an advantage (punch own face, field a minion, draw a card etc.) so you have to be careful not to double up those!
    Still, in that one game I tried it it gave me turn 4 double damage from leper and 2 for 1 egg pop - so its good for a laugh! :-)
  • Subbax wrote:
    Glad you're enjoying it finally, panty. I was very close to not playing it again and icy veins helped me. I still can't see card synergy with others but I can kinda understand it when I stumble across it in my own deck or someone shows me. I struggle with keeping up pressure. I always seem to go all out and eventually lose board/card control. Doesn't matter so much if I've enough board presence to keep up face attack but if I'm struggling to keep cards on the board I often run out of steam.
    Has your deck got lots of low-cost minions? 
    When I'm playing my warlock zoo and trying to flood the board with cheap minions to punch the other player's face in, if they ride out the initial rush then by about turn 6 I'm running out of steam and they start playing their big cost cards that do serious damage.

If this is what's happening to you, you can go 2 ways I reckon:
    1) Figure out how to rush and punch harder in the early game
    2) Readjust your deck to even out the mana curve - so instead of all 1s, 2s and 3 cost cards you have a good selection of 4, 5 and higher cost - I didn't realise for a while that I could click the character's face in the deck builder to see a graph of the mana cost of the current deck, which is pretty handy.
  • Subbax
    Show networks
    Facebook
    andrew.henderson
    Twitter
    Subbax
    Xbox
    Subbax
    PSN
    SubAxe
    Steam
    Subbax

Send message
    I think it might be skewed that way just because I'm using a lot of other peoples decks and zoo seems to be all the rage right now.

I haven't really attempted to make my own yet as I'm trying to arena more.
  • I'm really starting to get pissed off with Razuvious now.
    I haven't got a deck that can beat him and I can't seem to make a deck that can beat him with the cards I have available.
  • Ok, I finally did it. Just lumped my deck full of taunts. Got lucky as he only pulled his weapon once, the first time ever I've seen him pull it less than twice. After that Gothik took a couple of goes but he fell to my Zoolock as did the 4 horsemen. Class challenges fell pretty easily too.
  • eggrattle deck was pretty useless in ranked MP - just not enough useful deathrattles and low pull rate of rivendare.
    May try again now that construct has gone live and there's some new deathrattle cards.
  • Vastik
    Show networks
    Twitter
    curiousmachine
    PSN
    Curious__Machine
    Steam
    CuriousMachine
    Wii
    Jammy

Send message
    Ooh that new Patchwerk boss was harsh, had to actually build a new deck to beat him.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!