Current Affairs
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    I have no idea who I'll vote for. My (Labour) MP did defy the whip and vote against the Article 50 bill, but I'm not sure I want to do anything that could be interpreted as supporting Corbyn any more.
  • Eurgh, just what I needed to cheer me up about the state of the world, a General Election.

Thank fuck I don't facebook anymore.

[Edit] Although now I have to avoid all live TV, radio and even glancing at newspaper headlines in the shops. :-/
    Thank fuck for Netflix and iPlayer. I may be able to avoid this whole thing.
  • Do the new boundary changes kick in for an early GE?
  • cockbeard
    Show networks
    Facebook
    ben.usaf
    Twitter
    @cockbeard
    PSN
    c_ckbeard
    Steam
    cockbeard

Send message
    Jesus fuck, it was bad enough when we had a one policy party screwing around with the system, but now we're having a one policy GE

That's hilarious, honestly truly hilarious. Plus the Tories can almost not lose, because each of the other parties will cannibalise the remain vote

Well that is if people keep voting for parties rather than people. I wonder what the current Euromillions jackpot is standing at, I wonder if a party called reform could be formed, stand and succeed in the space of two months
    "I spent years thinking Yorke was legit Downs-ish disabled and could only achieve lucidity through song" - Mr B
  • cockbeard
    Show networks
    Facebook
    ben.usaf
    Twitter
    @cockbeard
    PSN
    c_ckbeard
    Steam
    cockbeard

Send message
    Stopharage wrote:
    Time for Emperor Attenborough and Field Marshall Fry to take over.

Good choices of figurehead, get the NUS onside as well, and all the new graduates would think a vote for us means cheap drinks at Aruba and a discount at WHSmiths

edit: by new, I mean the 50% since Bliar
    "I spent years thinking Yorke was legit Downs-ish disabled and could only achieve lucidity through song" - Mr B
  • Oh God, not this shit again.

Corbyn's going to get annihilated, obviously.
  • Bernie Sanders must be a bit short of work atm, can we do a swap.
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    LarryDavid wrote:
    Oh God, not this shit again.

Corbyn's going to get annihilated, obviously.

The image that keeps going through my mind is May pulling screens around Corbyn then loading a shotgun.
  • If America can vote in Trump for President, maybe the UK can get together and vote in Wolf from Gladiators as PM?
  • Stopharage wrote:
    Do the new boundary changes kick in for an early GE?

No, which is one potential positive.

Yoss, who is your MP?
  • So basically the only one you guys can actually vote for is the Lib Dems right?

They're anti brexit ain't they?
    Wind Waker is a bad game
  • My experience of talking to 'the man on the street' (note: many men, and women) is that they don't really have a clue about politics (nor care that much) and have just absorbed the general "Corbyn? What's he like, eh? What a loon" attitude that has persisted in the media from day one.

Not that there aren't many good reasons to think Corbyn is a bit rubbish, but these aren't the reasons people will choose when they don't vote for him. It'll be because he looks a bit scruffy, that his beard's not a trendy hipster one and that he didn't support 'our brave boys' or something.

Hopefully he's brushing up on his Bacon Sandwich eating technique.

This'll be depressing and demoralising as fuck, like every election.

EDIT: I'll vote Labour, as ever. Fuck the Lib Dems.
  • Stopharage wrote:
    Nope, not till 2019 earliest
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    Stopharage wrote:

No, which is one potential positive.

Yoss, who is your MP?

Vicky Foxcroft.
  • Oh, she's from Chorley, so you probably shouldn't vote for her.

Greens were close to the Tories last time. Vote for them.
  • cockbeard
    Show networks
    Facebook
    ben.usaf
    Twitter
    @cockbeard
    PSN
    c_ckbeard
    Steam
    cockbeard

Send message
    Greens.

^ this

and of course Reform, if I get a massive lotto win
  • HawBawJaws wrote:
    Corbyn will run the most limp wristed campaign ever seen, and bang on about the will of the people. So if they vote in labour it'll be 'the people were right' then he'll probably get turfed out by his own party. If they vote Tory, it'll be 'not my fault guv, will of the people'. Then he'll likely get turfed out anyway.

Corbyn should grow a spine. Rather than "will of the people" it should be "wellbeing of the people". You can only present what is the best option, and Brexit is decidedly not that.

If the idiot majority (lol, first past the post) vote tory yet again, let the lemmings go. No point licking the arses of morons. Stop pandering to them; present a better realistic approach and if electoral oblivion follows, so be it. Country over Party.
    "Sometimes it's better to light a flamethrower than curse the darkness." ― Terry Pratchett
  • Pro-Brexit:
    Tory
    Labour
    UKIP

Anti-Brexit
    SNP
    Lib Dem
    Green

That's how I read it.
    Your FPTP system of election renders votes for UKIP and the Greens (and lol, independents in the UK parliment) as pointless as they wont get seats.
    And the SNP only Run in Scotland.

So who else is there to vote for if you're anti-brexit?
    Wind Waker is a bad game
  • A big bomb with a wig on who promise to turn the country in a smoking crater if we vote it in. It'd get my vote.
  • This GE has been necessary since Brexit. It won't be pretty but it will stop the ultra-rights dictating Tory party policy, get rid of Corbyn and hopefully restore some semblance of balance. It might even lead to a softer Brexit.

There's also the slight chance it will blow up in May's face if the anti-Brexit vote can coalesce around a single party.

It's going to be grim though. 5 years of Tory Bastards making a grand total of 12 years of Tory govt. Christ knows what sort of country we'll be by 2022.
  • monkey wrote:
    Christ knows what sort of country we'll be by 2022.

A smaller one, probably.
    "Sometimes it's better to light a flamethrower than curse the darkness." ― Terry Pratchett
  • Apparently Corbyn gave a statement just there and didn't mention Brexit
  • monkey wrote:
    Christ knows what sort of country we'll be by 2022.

Our privatised poor-killing gas chambers will be the finest and most profitable in the World.
  • acemuzzy
    Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    Corbyn is a mastermind. He has to remain incompetent till the declaration is official then BOOM anti Brexit, fuck this noise, Labour majority, Brexit reversal, May extradited.
  • kneecap wrote:
    Pro-Brexit:
    Tory
    Labour
    UKIP

Anti-Brexit
    SNP
    Lib Dem
    Green

That's how I read it.
    Your FPTP system of election renders votes for UKIP and the Greens (and lol, independents in the UK parliment) as pointless as they wont get seats.
    And the SNP only Run in Scotland.

So who else is there to vote for if you're anti-brexit?

Pretty much, aye.

Up here (I know I go on about Scotland a lot, but fuckit, I live here), both labour and Tory will run on an anti independence platform. Tory will obviously be pro brexit, even though Scotland voted remain. They'll be hoping the pro UK Union voters will overlook the whole brexit thing, and offer promises of more power to Scotland (heard that one before).

Labour will run about like headless chickens, because that's what they do up here.

Will the SNP use it as a mandate for UDI if they get enough seats? Hope so........
  • I think Corbyn / Labour might do slightly better than expected if he can get his act together for a couple of months and people actually hear some of his policies straight from his mouth.

Granted, 'better than expected' is a low bar for him as most people are expecting electoral apocalypse.
  • Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    Is this another one of those elections where you all overwhelmingly vote for the cunts who are burying you?
  • dynamiteReady
    Show networks
    Steam
    dynamiteready

Send message
    acemuzzy wrote:
    Corbyn is a mastermind. He has to remain incompetent till the declaration is official then BOOM anti Brexit, fuck this noise, Labour majority, Brexit reversal, May extradited.

Like Gnozo said?

Whell... The vehicle got Trump to his destination...

He forgot to snap out of it though.
    "I didn't get it. BUUUUUUUUUUUT, you fucking do your thing." - Roujin
    Ninty Code: SW-7904-0771-0996

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!