Current Affairs
  • djchump wrote:
    I'm hoping for some kind of election or brexit shenanigans, but the sinking feeling in my gut thinks it might be war :-/
    Not a chance.

Yeah, well, everyone said that about this fucknugget getting the Repub nom, or the presidency:

1NDJk8y.gif

So it seems like nothing is beyond the pale these days.
  • GooberTheHat
    Show networks
    Twitter
    GooberTheHat
    Xbox
    GooberTheHat
    Steam
    GooberTheHat

Send message
    We can't afford it.
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    My money is on an early election.
  • We can't afford it.
    I'm sure the powers that be can find all kinds of ways to divert billions into some bombs and a flag-waving little war excursion, and when the bill comes we'll "all be in it together! We have to tighten our belts to support our troops! And also, we need more tax cuts for the wealthy so that more of the wealth can trickle down!".
  • dynamiteReady
    Show networks
    Steam
    dynamiteready

Send message
    Yossarian wrote:
    Or resignation.

The best bet I think.
    What the fuck kind of opposition is there?

If it's war, then there'd have been news of a break out all over the shop by now.
    "I didn't get it. BUUUUUUUUUUUT, you fucking do your thing." - Roujin
    Ninty Code: SW-7904-0771-0996
  • Wenger resigned?
    "Sometimes it's better to light a flamethrower than curse the darkness." ― Terry Pratchett
  • Bollockoff
    Show networks
    PSN
    Bollockoff
    Steam
    Bollockoff

Send message
    Churchill Land theme park.
  • Bollockoff
    Show networks
    PSN
    Bollockoff
    Steam
    Bollockoff

Send message
    We can't afford it.
  • dynamiteReady
    Show networks
    Steam
    dynamiteready

Send message
    GENERAL ELECTION ON THE 8th of JUNE!!?
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    GE, 8th of June. The results will be profoundly depressing.
  • FFS
    Come with g if you want to live...
  • She's always been a closet Birmingham fan so she's going to announce a block on  Harry's appointment today.
    It wasn't until I hit my thirties that I realised you could unlock rewards by exploring the map
  • Hypercunts. Burn them alive.
  • Yossarian wrote:

I suspect this will be one of the easiest electoral wins in history.  All the more depressing because it really, really shouldn't be.
  • Well, at least it's not nuclear armageddon.
  • Can we get Poots to rig this one too, I mean why the fuuuuuck not.
  • At least this election should see the final collapse of UKIP.
    No doubt that gurning cunt will manage to weasel his way into the news broadcasts somehow though. sigh.
  • SNP, Labor and LibDems have nothing to lose. Unity on a no-Brexit platform for the common good. If they win, sanity prevails. If they lose and the tories win comfortably, then the country is finished and they might as well take the reigns during the inevitable crises to follow.
    "Sometimes it's better to light a flamethrower than curse the darkness." ― Terry Pratchett
  • Bloody hell, snap GE.

Scotland will vote SNP, england will vote Tory, that'll be justification in their eyes to pursue the hardest of brexits, but not justification for SNP to pursue another indyref.

In Scotland, labour will desperately try to convince us to vote for them rather than SNP because they'll 'hold the Tories to account' or some other such bullshit, completely forgetting that to a large chunk of us up here, labour and Tory are indistinguishable.

Labour will probably take a doing in England as well, the Tories will laugh their arses off all the way to brexit.

Dark days..........
  • dynamiteReady
    Show networks
    Steam
    dynamiteready

Send message
    g.man wrote:
    FFS

This is an opportunity...

Petey will be the party chairman.
    Muzzy will be our Chancellor.

The leadership is up for grabs, but yourself, Gnozo and Stopharage are in the running.
    Policy, barring one dissenter (BHD - ~.~) has already been determined.

We can clean up here, people...
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    Vela wrote:
    SNP, Labor and LibDems have nothing to lose. Unity on a no-Brexit platform for the common good. If they win, sanity prevails. If they lose and the tories win comfortably, then the country is finished and they might as well take the reigns during the inevitable crises to follow.

Corbyn has already ruled out any sort of pact, plus he isn't actually anti-Brexit.

We're fucked.
  • g.man wrote:
    FFS

This is an opportunity...

Petey will be the party chairman.
    Muzzy will be our Chancellor.

The leadership is up for grabs, but yourself, Gnozo and Stopharage are in the running.
    Policy, barring one dissenter (BHD - ~.~) has already been determined.

We can clean up here, people...

I've got a lot of shit on Gonz.
    Spoiler:

• Corbyn will run the most limp wristed campaign ever seen, and bang on about the will of the people. So if they vote in labour it'll be 'the people were right' then he'll probably get turfed out by his own party. If they vote Tory, it'll be 'not my fault guv, will of the people'. Then he'll likely get turfed out anyway.
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    If Corbyn has any sense he's shiteing himself.
  • cockbeard
    Show networks
    Facebook
    ben.usaf
    Twitter
    @cockbeard
    PSN
    c_ckbeard
    Steam
    cockbeard

Send message
    Well then this is your chance to all vote for either a green or an indy candidate

But we know that won't happen, so hey
    "I spent years thinking Yorke was legit Downs-ish disabled and could only achieve lucidity through song" - Mr B
  • Jeez, this is going to be a truly awful couple of months. You can shout until you're Smurf-faced about the decimation of the public sector but Corbyn will still be in people's minds.
  • Don't worry lads, this is where Jeremy corbyn reveals that he's been pretending to be shit all along, and he pops his shirt off to reveal a buff superstar corbo max 2017
  • Bonus for Labour voters: at least you'll likely now be shot of Corbyn by the end of June, rather than by 2020 or whenever he was hoping to hang on until. Of course, there won't be much of a party for anyone to step up and lead afterwards, but every cloud etc.
  • Time for Emperor Attenborough and Field Marshall Fry to take over.
  • dynamiteReady
    Show networks
    Steam
    dynamiteready

Send message
    HawBawJaws wrote:
    Corbyn will run the most limp wristed campaign ever seen, and bang on about the will of the people.
    Yossarian wrote:
    Corbyn has already ruled out any sort of pact, plus he isn't actually anti-Brexit. We're fucked.

Yes. But the interesting thing here, is that there's a good chance that people will vote on ideology this time... Not personalities. 

Brexit was so close, and so painful, that people may use Red vs Blue as a proxy for In vs Out... If the Labour party can actually look human come the time, the outcome may well be favourable...

Stopharage wrote:
    I've got a lot of shit on Gonz.
    Spoiler:

He'd make an exceptional Home Secretary...

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!