Twitter
    GooberTheHat
    Xbox
    GooberTheHat
    Steam
    GooberTheHat

Send message
    Kow wrote:
    Is this another one of those elections where you all overwhelmingly vote for the cunts who are burying you?

Yes.
  • Kow wrote:
    Is this another one of those elections where you all overwhelmingly vote for the cunts who are burying you?

yes
  • GooberTheHat
    Show networks
    Twitter
    GooberTheHat
    Xbox
    GooberTheHat
    Steam
    GooberTheHat

Send message
    Hugs Tempy
  • Goober a real class act there with a capital letter and a full-stop. You can tell the boy's earned a pretty penny over the years and no mistake.
  • yeah, this GE will be a walkover for a united labour with a strong leader on a platform of "let's cancel brexit and sort this mess out".... :|
    "Like i said, context is missing."
    http://ssgg.uk
  • How to vote
    Tory - You're a cunt.
    UKIP - Mad cunt
    Labour - Crazy twat
    Lib Dems - Ashamed Tory (cunt)
    SNP - you're ok as long as you don't want independence (in which case see UKIP).
    Greens - Not sure what you're up to. You've got Corbyn in Labour. Just vote for that doofus.
  • Bollockoff
    Show networks
    PSN
    Bollockoff
    Steam
    Bollockoff

Send message
    I vote door to door street fighting party.
  • Kow wrote:

36% of voters backed the Tories.
    24.4% of the electorate backed the Tories.

Far from overwhelming; the vagaries of FPTP unfortunately.

• Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    Don't worry, it'll be more this time.
  • I can't see things being worse after a GE.
    Like others have said if it shafts Corbyn then at least we might have an opposition that opposes something.
    If the Tories get more seats what the fuck difference does it make?
    Firmly of the belief things are going to have to get medieval before many engage their brains and consider they are being used by the right.
  • Labour MP John Mann is claiming May is using the GE to claim a new mandate.
    With May and her close people backing remain he thinks she will use an election win to overturn Brexit.

A bit of wishful thinking there I feel.
  • Comparison of Irish and UK Parliaments.
    So currently we have a minority Government Supported by the largest opposition party, which is a bit odd, but you can see the breath of members.

EKoR0CC.jpg

The UK parliament has a breath of members, but only really in the form of nationalists in Scotland wales and NI (Unionists are nationalists too)
    The English element has a total of 3 independent members and that includes Green and UKIP
    I'm not one to call something a wasted vote, but in a FPTP system, without the unifying nature of nationalism, I do not see the point in voiting for something that cannot win. In fact UKIP shows that you can absorb millions of votes and amount to nothing. If those millions had gone to the Tories, their majority would be stronger. The same is true of the Greens and Independents, which would go to either labour or lib dem.

doBbl1M.jpg
    Wind Waker is a bad game
  • dynamiteReady
    Show networks
    Steam
    dynamiteready

Send message
    Bollockoff wrote:
    I vote door to door street fighting party.

*Sure you can...

*Eggcorn?
    "I didn't get it. BUUUUUUUUUUUT, you fucking do your thing." - Roujin
    Ninty Code: SW-7904-0771-0996
  • I can't see things being worse after a GE.

All I can see is further decimation and destruction of the public sector. Tin has previously talked about the impact the Tories have had on the NHS, DS on social welfare, me (and others) on education. Don't think we have anyone involved in prisons, but that's equally bleak. Grim all round.
  • Labour's campaign should just be I, Daniel Blake followed by "we'll stop this."
  • Ha, that's exactly what I just said to a colleague!
  • Tempy wrote:
    Labour's campaign should just be I, Daniel Blake followed by "we'll stop this."

But loads of people think that film is just lefty whining and what Daniel Blake really needed was a short, sharp shock and a prolonged period of destitution, depression and enforced misery.

Loads of people are cunts, sadly.
  • Stopharage wrote:
    I can't see things being worse after a GE.

All I can see is further decimation and destruction of the public sector. Tin has previously talked about the impact the Tories have had on the NHS, DS on social welfare, me (and others) on education. Don't think we have anyone involved in prisons, but that's equally bleak. Grim all round.

Totally agree. Bad wording by me there, I can see all that stuff happening without a GE and a GE where May wins.
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    Her tiny majority meant that her own party was her main opposition, and it didnt require too much for them to be able to be a significant obstacle to her.

This really could hand May more power.
  • I think the SNP campaign message will basically be 'mate. Seriously. Dyou think labour have a hope in hell of winning? It's us or the Tories.'

Not saying I agree with that strategy, but it's probably the easiest play for them to make.
  • SNP will run away with it up there. They could all go on holiday between now and June.
  • It's mad how people can so easily and readily forgive the Lib Dems for bringing the Tories back to power merely because they now 'oppose Brexit'.

Seriously, fuck the Lib Dems.
  • Yossarian wrote:
    Her tiny majority meant that her own party was her main opposition, and it didnt require too much for them to be able to be a significant obstacle to her.

This really could hand May more power.

Aye. Good because it gives the Eurosceptics less power. Bad because May will start getting her way on all sorts of shite like grammars.
  • SNP will run away with it up there. They could all go on holiday between now and June.

I think they will now, aye. The Tories should've waited till after the council elections, I honestly thought their (and labour's) tactic of trying to turn the council elections into a straw poll for independence would've won them a bit, certainly enough to crow about it in the media. By calling this ge now, they've taken all the focus away from the council elections, I think the SNP will romp them now. Which in turn, will strengthen their calls for a second indyref.

Which the Tories will continue to ignore/block/threaten to walk out of holyrood if it happens.

The more I think about it, the more I think the Tories have gave up on keeping Scotland in favour of getting the hard brexit they want.
  • I'm away in June. Will have to sort a proxy vote out.

I sure as shit don't want to go tories - but need to know my best options out of the rest
    I'm falling apart to songs about hips and hearts...
  • So another Indy Ref was going to be too problematic during the Brexit process but a GE is fine?  Fuck these cunts.
  • Matt_82 wrote:
    So another Indy Ref was going to be too problematic during the Brexit process but a GE is fine?  Fuck these cunts.

Yip!

The hypocrisy of the Tories over our independence vs brexit is phenomenal.
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    I think (hope) that there may be some truth to the idea that May might be trying to position herself to get ministerial support for a soft Brexit without finding the mental right wing of the Conservatives constantly holding her over a barrel.

If this ends up being the case, and this GE finally sees off Corbyn, then perhaps in the longer term it will end up being a good thing?

I don't know, I'm just trying to cling onto something here.
  • LarryDavid wrote:
    It's mad how people can so easily and readily forgive the Lib Dems for bringing the Tories back to power merely because they now 'oppose Brexit'.

Seriously, fuck the Lib Dems.
    Brexit is more important than any other issue. If you're English and opposed to it, you're options are Lib Dem or Greens. That's it. Everything else is a vote for a Brexit party i.e. A party that will harm the living standards of people that Labour normally protect. It's either Libs or Greens for me. Everything else is madness.
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    Pretty much my thinking, except for the fact that my Labour MP did oppose Brexit, which has confused the issue.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!