Mass Effect Universe (Spoilers)
  • Bollockoff
    Show networks
    PSN
    Bollockoff
    Steam
    Bollockoff

Send message
    That is the WHO code phrase for quarantine.
  • Blocks100 wrote:
    How, exactly?
    I admire Vere's enthusiasm and dedication to games.

I really am quite enjoying it. Decent characters and story, really enjoying the combat and trying to get my build just right. Still a little buggy but the good still really outweighs the bad for me. It's not best game ever type stuff but it's an enjoyable sci-fi romp with good combat to me.
  • Just started playing this again, on the first planet. Patch seems to have helped facial animation and way characters walk.
  • God the driving sections are shit. They were shit in the old games and shit now. Why bother?
  • God knows. Really am enjoying it now though. There are some great little missions I wish were more. Had a cannibal mission earlier today that was over far too quickly.
  • Game has improved on my second planet (ice one). That's been fun The
    Spoiler:
    . I have so many side missions on the go its ridiculous. The interface for keeping track of them all isn't the best. Also having a certain AI teammate (who goes through AI enemies like a knife through butter), does make it alittle too easy.
  • Dinostar77 wrote:
    Game has improved on my second planet (ice one). That's been fun The
    Spoiler:
    . I have so many side missions on the go its ridiculous. The interface for keeping track of them all isn't the best. Also having a certain AI teammate (who goes through AI enemies like a knife through butter), does make it alittle too easy.

Haha,who is that? The combat is far too easy,need to look and see if I you can up the difficulty at any point. I try to do everything on a planet before leaving and carrying on the main storyline. I carry around 4 different assault rifles that are slightly different as I prefer them to everything else.
  • Drack. Just as i finish my stretches and warm up the assault rifle, he's murdered everyone.
  • Dinostar77 wrote:
    Drack. Just as i finish my stretches and warm up the assault rifle, he's murdered everyone.

Not used him yet! Not gonna now though as they're MY KILLS!
  • Raiziel
    Show networks
    Twitter
    #Raiziel
    Xbox
    Raiziel
    PSN
    NicheCode
    Wii
    Raiziel

Send message
    Looking forward to playing this game at some point, but my hype is sadly low.

I've started a new game of The Witcher III though, which is fucking great.  BioWare could learn a great deal from CDPR.  A great deal
    Get schwifty.
  • @raiziel its a good game, just not a great one in comparison to it the earlier triology. I don't know if they have an internal policy at EA which is "bigger is better" and "must have multiplayer" cause they made similar mistakes with Dead Space 3. Stripped down to the essentials there's a great game trying to get out of a straight jacket of bad design choices.

For me ME has been (other than the shooting,) about the storyline, characters and just a giant space opera. Alien cities, and adventures with Shepherd/Ryder. It wasn't broken so why try to find it? Also I miss the iconic Mass Effect music. Even the galaxy map isn't as amazing as the other trilogy ones.
  • Raiziel
    Show networks
    Twitter
    #Raiziel
    Xbox
    Raiziel
    PSN
    NicheCode
    Wii
    Raiziel

Send message
    It's the old big fuckin' company makes a great game shit again.  Microsoft are tops at this, but EA run 'em a close second.
    Get schwifty.
  • Remnant architect, what an awesome fight.
  • Dinostar77 wrote:
    Remnant architect, what an awesome fight.

Done a couple of them now, ace aren't they!
  • Was perilously close to getting this yesterday, but then I heard they ditched the Quarians. They did what now?
    It wasn't until I hit my thirties that I realised you could unlock rewards by exploring the map
  • 50 hours now. Kinda hope it lasts 50 more. Got my combat profiles and weapons perfected, team mates I like for certain things. Awesome game. Should do a bit more of the story but like cleaning up all the side missions. Only done two of the specific team mate missions.
  • Does the fact that you can no longer directly control your team mates, upgrade their weaponry, or have half-decent convo's with them make you more reluctant to do specific mate team mate missions then?

Glad you're enjoying it like but the fact that you like cleaning up all the side missions suggests that you're not adverse to a bit of Ubisoft-style map icon hoovering.  Nowt wrong with that of course, but it's sheer ubiquity now in modern games is mind numbing.  It's not as if it's a game mechanic that somehow struck gold, but it's a safe, non-demanding, feature that so many titles now gravitate to. And none seem enhanced by its inclusion.

What has piqued my interest in this is the scale of the maps. Are they genuinely open world then?  How do they compare to other games of this ilk?
    It wasn't until I hit my thirties that I realised you could unlock rewards by exploring the map
  • Blocks100 wrote:
    Does the fact that you can no longer directly control your team mates, upgrade their weaponry, or have half-decent convo's with them make you more reluctant to do specific mate team mate missions then?
    Dude you can have loads of conversations with them. And their specific missions are across a number of objectives so it's not just one or two then done, there's a number of steps that lead the 'relationship' in different ways. I like the leaving them to their own devices decision, it makes combat much more fluid and more satisfying when getting biotic/tech combos with them.
    Blocks100 wrote:
    Glad you're enjoying it like but the fact that you like cleaning up all the side missions suggests that you're not adverse to a bit of Ubisoft-style map icon hoovering.  Nowt wrong with that of course, but it's sheer ubiquity now in modern games is mind numbing.  It's not as if it's a game mechanic that somehow struck gold, but it's a safe, non-demanding, feature that so many titles now gravitate to. And none seem enhanced by its inclusion.
    It's funny as I don't really like open world types at all. This and Zelda are the only two I've enjoyed in a long time. Aside from The Division actually. I just like the universe, the sights and sounds, the weapons and particularly the combat so I'm happy to engross myself in it. And now and again you stumble across some great side quests that are out of the norm.
    Blocks100 wrote:
    What has piqued my interest in this is the scale of the maps. Are they genuinely open world then?  How do they compare to other games of this ilk?
    As I don't play many I can't realllly answer this. You really do need the Nomad as the areas are quite large, and I use a lot of fast travel. All I can say is they're much bigger than previous entries and travelling can be easy via points you open up across the map or throwing the nomad areound which is reasonably good fun.
  • It's a white game, save your dolla
  • Blocks100 wrote:
    Does the fact that you can no longer directly control your team mates, upgrade their weaponry, or have half-decent convo's with them make you more reluctant to do specific mate team mate missions then?

1.You can control your teammates, in real time only, can't pause and pick where you want them to go.
    2. You can upgrade their abilities but not their weapons.
    3. Conversations are the same as previous Mass Effect games.
    4. The stuff to do on the planet(s) map is either core to making it suitable for the species from the Milkly Way OR side missions. It's nowhere near as bad as a ubisoft game.
    5. On a side note, there are enemy dropships which add more soldiers to fortifications and other locations but some of these aren't even missions and it's your own choice if you engage or ignore.
    6. The size of maps for the planets requires a vehicle to traverse due to size and oxygen requirements. This has meant there are only a half dozen planets with maps that require said vehicles.
    7. Combat is very good if a little too easy. Want a challenge? Up the difficulty and don't use Drack as a AI companion.

Its a good game, if you get past your initial disappointment that's its not the ME:Andromeda you imagined it would be, there's an addictive game in there.

There are a few downsides but I'll save them for my review of when I've completed the game.

Question for @vere whos played it more than me
    Spoiler:
  • @Dinostar
    Spoiler:
  • Verecocha wrote:
    @Dinostar
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:
  • I'm back on the multiplayer again, turns out I like being a space wizard more than I don't like crashes every few games. It still crashes every few games and there are bugs, so many bugs, but I get to be a space wizard.

SP is rosier. Not far off completing the main quest now, at least I think that's the final mission in the main story waiting for me. I'm hoovering up side missions, a few archtects and murders to clear up, though I'm going to skip the obvious busy work. The combat really comes into it's own after hitting level 30-40 and you can really go wild with the profiles and mix up the way you approach fights. Going from Vanguard to Engi-Sentinel to Combo-heavy Adept. Messing with builds is very entertaining.
    Honestly a lot of the moment-to-moment writing has been a bit off, but the big picture is interesting.
    It's a weird game- I'm crazy entertained at times, what's good is great, like the combat and builds, the graphics and design are fantastic in places, and that makes the poor bits so weirdly out of place and jarring. The weak music, the busywork, the human and Asari faces and more clash terribly with the areas they've focused on in development.
  • And done...what a ride. Loved it. Will post more in depth thoughts later. 67 hours, think I'll maybe go back and finish off some of the additional quests.
  • Nice. I really wasn't a fan of the final boss fight but the leadup was fun.

Also, who did you bang?
  • Nice. I really wasn't a fan of the final boss fight but the leadup was fun.

Also, who did you bang?

Cora and Peebee, Peebee and Ryder were just a casual thing though, Cora was the lurve!

Yeah I can see why you wouldn't enjoy the final boss, I didn't mind it as it was just shooting but even I grew a little tiresome of having to clear every wave before it moved on to the next nav point.

The Dyson Sphere plus Remnant was also ridiculously Halo too.
  • Have just traded in Horizon Zero Dawn for this.  Here's hoping that first patch has sorted out the most egregious errors.
  • It's a good game about a 6/7 out of ten. Not near the original trilogy. It has peaks of ups and downs. Some planets are better than others. I'm halfway through, so that's my score of it so far.
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    So I finished Massive Effecting 2 last night. I know. What an amazing game and THAT is how you do an ending. 7 years on, it's still a [10]

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!