#Raiziel
    Xbox
    Raiziel
    PSN
    NicheCode
    Wii
    Raiziel

Send message
    Played ME1 four times through, ME2 three times through, and ME3 two times through. I love the ambition of the first, and it’s tough to pick between 1 and 2. They’re both such different games. ME1 still pips it, I think. Things start going downhill with the third game, but not because of the ending; I was fine with that.

I’m ready to go in again.

Still dream of a new Mass Effect (that’s actually good).
    Get schwifty.
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    Don't we all....
  • Me1 shooting system, hahahahahaha. Absolute covids
    Don't wank. Zinc in your sperms
  • Yeah, I’d play ME1 with some huge changes, otherwise I’ll bypass it and go straight to 2. Shame it’s probably some way off as it’d be a good little burner for this period when not banged up.
  • Name me any trilogy in videogames, or film or literature, where they've said 'hey!, let's make a fourth' and it hasn't turned out to be utterly shit.

They should have kept Mass Effect as a triology. Even if Andromeda had turned out to be half way decent, I still wouldn't have wanted it. And by extension, I don't want another Mass Effect game.

Let sleeping Reapers lie.
    It wasn't until I hit my thirties that I realised you could unlock rewards by exploring the map
  • Gears of War judgement, Halo ODST, Resident Evil 4,

Oh, trilogy. Well, star wa-

Ok
  • I think it was a shame they removed some of the RPG gun mechanics. I really like it when a game lets you fool around with the systems to the point of being able to make things trivial (in the Case of ME1 I put so much freeze on my gun it never got hot)
  • Reading the making of ME4 it had no chance. They went off completely in the wrong direction. Randonly generated planets isnt what people wanted. Tight gunplay, good storyline and new species is what it needed. It got none of that.

Anyway No Man Sky beat them to it with a tenth of the budget.

The storyline i.e get a crew together for a suicide mission is what i loved and that iconic music.
  • Blocks100 wrote:
    Name me any trilogy in videogames, or film or literature, where they've said 'hey!, let's make a fourth' and it hasn't turned out to be utterly shit.

They should have kept Mass Effect as a triology. Even if Andromeda had turned out to be half way decent, I still wouldn't have wanted it. And by extension, I don't want another Mass Effect game.

Let sleeping Reapers lie.

The tricky thing with this is that if the fourth is good they’ll make waaaay more. But if they stop at four it was probably shit.
  • I dunno, I thought Andromeda was ok. Just didn’t really think of it as a Mass Effect title aside from being set in the same universe. Just gave me the opportunity to play with gameplay mechanics etc that I enjoyed again. You could say give it another name etc etc but at the same time you can see why they continue with massively popular series.

It wasn’t actually a bad game, just not as good in comparison with the other 3 entries. Got far too much stick in my opinion.
  • freeze-all-motor.jpg
    It wasn't until I hit my thirties that I realised you could unlock rewards by exploring the map
  • EvilRedEye
    Show networks
    Twitter
    adrianongaming
    Xbox
    EvilRedEye8
    PSN
    EvilRedEye8
    Steam
    EvilRedEye8

Send message
    The thing that I find crazy/a shame about Mass Effect is they managed to pull off the 'everything is canon' multimedia aspect of the franchise in a way that Disney Star Wars could still be envious of, they seemed on the cusp of turning it into a film, which could have catapulted it into a proper Star Wars/Star Trek mega-franchise... and then managed to fuck it all up and toss it into the bin.
    "ERE's like Mr. Muscle, he loves the things he hates"
  • Totally agree Vere. ME:A once patched was a solid game. If it had a different title and came from a different dev it wouldnt be as hated on.
  • Even post-patch, it still had the worst ever conceived alien race that spoke in a mock-Australian accent.
  • I was a giant ME fan and I loved the mako bits in ME1 but bailed on Andromeda like so many others after a few hours. Is it worth revisiting?
    http://horganphoto.com My STILL under construction website
    PSN : superflyninja
  • Here's a good video on the line that Bioware walked with Shepard.

Some interesting stuff there with how it tracked the NPC's paragon/renegade status
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    I am going to watch the shit out of that shortly.
  • Hey I saw that vid on my recommended feed this morning! I'll watch it later right after I re-watch the indoctrination theory video, aka the best bit of content ever spawned by Mass Effect apart from the Overlord DLC and Tali, best girl, bae 4eva, fight me cowards, etc.
    "Let me tell you, when yung Rouj had his Senna and Mansell Scalextric, Frank was the goddamn Professor X of F1."
  • Roujin wrote:
    Hey I saw that vid on my recommended feed this morning! I'll watch it later right after I re-watch the indoctrination theory video, aka the best bit of content ever spawned by Mass Effect apart from the Overlord DLC and Tali, best girl, bae 4eva, fight me cowards, etc.

Word.. indoctrination theory was so fucking cool.
  • We have star citizen to look forward to.
  • Lord_Griff wrote:
    We have star citizen to look forward to.

£300mil later and huge feature creep. Whats the latest on that?
  • Exactly that
    300 million dollars of quality.
  • So alien colonial marines all over again then?
  • Marginally worse AI
  • So someone cant spell tether again and didnt spell check his work?
  • Nov 7th, N7 day. Rumoured to be announce of re-master of ME triology
  • Dinostar77 wrote:
    Nov 7th, N7 day. Rumoured to be announce of re-master of ME triology

Aces, though I don't think I could play the original without huge changes. Just start at 2.
    Artist also known as Verecocha...
  • Dont think i could be arsed with doing the mako bits again
  • Mass Effect was so egregiously broken as a game but I think that’s what gives it character. I love it for that.
  • Would be good to have a remaster of 2 that I can play. I was due to start it for the first time this year on my 360/Bone. 

The first was a bit shit though.
    I am a FREE. I am not MAN. A NUMBER.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!