Mass Effect Universe (Spoilers)
  • Reg do not play ME Andromeda any time soon after playing ME2. don't torture yourself by doing that. ME2 bone a fide classic.
  • Raiziel
    Show networks
    Twitter
    #Raiziel
    Xbox
    Raiziel
    PSN
    NicheCode
    Wii
    Raiziel

Send message
    Dinostar77 wrote:
    Reg do not play ME Andromeda any time soon after playing ME2. don't torture yourself by doing that. ME2 bone a fide classic.

This makes me incredibly sad.
    Get schwifty.
  • Raiziel wrote:
    Dinostar77 wrote:
    Reg do not play ME Andromeda any time soon after playing ME2. don't torture yourself by doing that. ME2 bone a fide classic.

This makes me incredibly sad.

How do you think I feel? I love the mass effect series. But so many mistakes made in latest release.
  • Raiziel
    Show networks
    Twitter
    #Raiziel
    Xbox
    Raiziel
    PSN
    NicheCode
    Wii
    Raiziel

Send message
    Well at least my expectations are well and truly tempered when I do get around to it.  But it's so sad.  I love the series so much and I really wanted BioWare to knock it out of the park.
    Get schwifty.
  • So, after 63 hours and lots of ups and downs I loved it as an experience. It sums it up perfectly that in the final sequence after I'd finished off the final boss it froze and I had to reload the last save and finish off the boss again, but...it says a lot that I was happy to do so, and instantly. Cinty wrote a big thing and I mirror a lot of his thoughts but here are some main bits through my eyes. No spoilers.

There are a lot of irritating issues with this game. Choppy frame rate, false loads, crazy animations, its as hilarious as it is frustrating sometimes, but there's a very enjoyable game underneath that makes it completely worth it. What makes it worth it for me is, its still Mass Effect. The soundtrack to me is Mass Effect sci-fi gubbins, the crazy uncomfortable romancing is ME, the combat is ME on steroids, and I really don't mind the ME volume fetch quests as I want to drink in the odd universe and find some quite rewarding. Its just more ME and whilst I'd of loved a big next gen step I'm more than happy for this adventure. Its not great and its at the very most an 8, but man I enjoyed it. The story is reasonably good sci-fi bobbins, which is very similar to Halo and its forerunners cycle, so that's a plus for me in a way. But what really does it for me is the combat options and range of abilities. Its f'ing amazing, in most games of this scope and size you almost actively avoid combat situations after a time as there's little depth or perhaps not the focus under development, but right up until the end of this I had more combinations to try and different things to experiment with both in my own abilities and coupling those with different teammates. I'll admit the AI isn't upto much and its more volume than intelligence but it just worked. The combat box within missions were great as you could be flanked and pressed quite easily so it was wise to stay mobile and in particular use verticality to keep your options open. Releasing your teammates to just go nuts worked nicely and its aces trying to work combo's with them, and a few times I'd be struggling before having Cora appear out of nowhere and F-SHIT up to save me. Loved it, brainless awesomeness.

Not sure where its gonna go from here with the sequels but you can count me in day one.
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    Dinostar77 wrote:

I'm straight into 3
  • Feck, this is now 30% off on PSN :(
    It wasn't until I hit my thirties that I realised you could unlock rewards by exploring the map
  • Bollockoff
    Show networks
    PSN
    Bollockoff
    Steam
    Bollockoff

Send message
    For the comedy.
  • Blocks100 wrote:
    Feck, this is now 30% off on PSN :(
    Don't think so. Not showing for me anyway.
  • Got an email from PSN store with a voucher code.
    It wasn't until I hit my thirties that I realised you could unlock rewards by exploring the map
  • Desperation, they want to tempt waverers.with andownload so they can't resell, they know from data that most players drop the game quickly, and MP is so poor retention rate is low. They know this game is heading for the £15 - 20 second hand tag for physical copies come Christmas.
  • Blocks100 wrote:
    Feck, this is now 30% off on PSN :(

PM me your address and I'll send you mine.
  • Blocks100 wrote:
    Got an email from PSN store with a voucher code.
    Ah right. I never seem to get these emails.
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    legaldinho wrote:
    Desperation, they want to tempt waverers.with andownload so they can't resell, they know from data that most players drop the game quickly, and MP is so poor retention rate is low. They know this game is heading for the £15 - 20 second hand tag for physical copies come Christmas.

As soon as I see this for sub £20 I'm buying. It may be uninspired but mass effect goddamit
  • I went back to the 10 hour demo the other day. I just can't be arsed with it.
    It reminds me of those spin off TV shows like Marvel: Agents of Shield. The feel is there, it is the Mass Effect Universe, but it feels a bit shonky and knock off.
  • @live its a very average game. Edge said that EA forced it out of the door early so it be added to their end of year financials. It needed another year of development. There are ideas which were cut to get the game to retail. One of them being an in-game mini map on Ryder's wrist. That was cut and you have to go into the menu to access the map, which is needed when travelling in the nomad and just fecking annoying. That's just one example.
  • Dinostar77 wrote:
    Edge gave it a 7

Which is what they gave the original Mass Effect.
  • Blocks100 wrote:
    Dinostar77 wrote:
    Edge gave it a 7

Which is what they gave the original Mass Effect.

And that's the right score for it.
  • EvilRedEye
    Show networks
    Twitter
    adrianongaming
    Xbox
    EvilRedEye8
    PSN
    EvilRedEye8
    Steam
    EvilRedEye8

Send message
    This must have done fairly badly commercially as apparently they've been moving a lot of people from the developer to other teams and have placed the series on hiatus.
    "ERE's like Mr. Muscle, he loves the things he hates"
  • I'd be enjoying it if it wasn't for the respawning Kett at bases.
  • EvilRedEye wrote:
    This must have done fairly badly commercially as apparently they've been moving a lot of people from the developer to other teams and have placed the series on hiatus.

There's a Eurogamer article, very good one about what they need to do, to get the series back on track. In a nutshell drop the open world sections. I whole heartily agree.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2017-05-10-how-to-save-mass-effect-andromeda
  • Im waaaay late to the party. But Sony sent out a 30% off code for Andromeda and a space nerd in work was saying how good it was. So I took the plunge. Fuck me sideways. Those fa(e)ces. EA should patch the game so that ALL human and Asarii are replaced with Quarians. Or there is an always on helmet option. Disgraceful.
    The standout issue is that the game is boring. The main story yeah fine. But the side quests and dialog are terrible. Fuck, the voice acting is even worse. Danesh from Silicon Valley is shockingly bad and the voice of Sam.....wow, the less said about that the better.
    Its a killer for me cos I was an ME super geek, I have all 3 collectors editions, Ive an N7 cup,model of the Normandy etc etc but my gawd EA have ballsed this up. I normally am a 100% side quest guy, Ill read all emails,datalogs and listen to all audiologs but in this game there doesnt seem to be any point. Its all shit. Now Im only on the second planet so Im hoping things pick up.
    The final nail is the music. Its barely noticeable.
    The music in the first 3 got me into all manner of ambient, electronic stuff. Real shame.
    As a 3rd person space game, yeah its a 3 out of 5, cos as I said the main thrust of the game is fine but as a ME game...... its a hard no.
    http://horganphoto.com My STILL under construction website
    PSN : superflyninja
  • The multiplayer's been patched, basically massive buffs across the board. Guns, combos, cooldowns have all been given boosts, some of them massively. The community has taken very well to it and there's quite a bit of optimism around the MP again which is a nice breath of fresh air. Honestly I've been having a blast with it the past couple of days, it's now much closer to my Space Wizard power fantasies of yore.
  • Ok, fine... I said FINE! I am starting to enjoy this.
  • It's not a bad game per se, it's just not up to the usual Mass Effect standard.  In many departments.  There's enjoyment to be had.  Just peppered with disappointment.
  • Just read it, what a bunch of idiots. So the one aspect of the mass effect universe that was universally disliked (the mako and driving section) is what they wanted to expand?!? Procedurally generated planets?!? How about enhancing your strengths in ME1/2/3 and delivering more of what people loved? I.e. The combat and story bits.

Not a surprise.
  • In two minds about trading this in or just pushing through and finishing it. It's not engaging me like previous mass effect games.
  • Now the Lols have died down I decided to give this another pop last night.

I get to the point the trial ends and given that it was half price on Bone I thought I would download it. I really wanted to see what was behind that door.

Was disappointed to find out it is a bunch of dark corridors. Will press on though.
    The Nomad is a pile of want so far mind.

There seems to be some kind of mystery in the story, I Am keen to see just what the game is going to deliver. Expectations are low but if there are a couple of characters I like they could carry me.
    Hopefully Addison gets sucked out of a pin hole hull breach tired face first.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!