Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    A Cure For Wellness
    Shites it in the last 20 but intriguing enough prior to that. Some good imagery.

Free Fire
    Incoherent mess of nothing, dumb, shit, dull.
  • Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    tldr
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    Tempy wrote:
    Films are still good guys my degree gives the authority to me say so

happy to help

What does mine give me the authority to do
  • Say the same as me but a few more years out of date
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    Good good
  • Tempy wrote:
    Films are still good guys my degree gives the authority to me say so happy to help

I saw a film once. It was rubbish.
  • I saw some rubbish once. Filmed it.
  • I watched your film. It was beautiful. Then your dad kissed my dad in the rain.
  • IIRC, your dad shot my dad in the head. Not cool, dude.
  • I think you guys were watching different films.
  • It was his dad who shot my dad.
  • Okay, but whose Dad was bigger?
  • I think they were the same height, but my dad was getting into weight lifting. Your dad was probably still stronger, though, what with the military background. Pretty small-minded, though.
  • Matt_82 wrote:
    It's good but nothing special. 

What's special? Take you out the back and suck your dick?
    It wasn't until I hit my thirties that I realised you could unlock rewards by exploring the map
  • Andy wrote:
    It was his dad who shot my dad.
    Oh balls, so it was.
    Still, let's not bicker and argue about 'oo killed 'oo.
  • Wonder Woman.

About 60 to seventy percent an excellent film and then There's a scene at a castle from which everything seems to unravel into garboldo normal super hero gunk.

Here's why I think it's excellent: the little girl is cute as a button, the fighting looks like they want to spend time on the character doing cool shit rather than hide the cool shit t via cutting (this is something they ditch). The scene with the trenches is really good and the set piece that follows is really good too. There's some jokes - some of which are good but I'm left a bit confused. There is somehow great wisdom and great naïveté in Wonder Woman but even in things that seem like they'd be in books. Whatever overall she's a damn fine character and one with more expression than all of the other characters in the genre (jokes are not expression/s). Gadot has a phenomenal eyebrow.

The problems come because they ratchet a whole bunch of stuff then do something completely weird and then loads of boring fighting happens but it's all unravelled at that point and all the threads are so splayed that you could fit tanks between them. There is an aspect of the ending which is too clever by half
    Spoiler:
    but it just sort of comes from nowhere and it's played in quite a dunderheaded way
    Spoiler:

It also reminded me that universes are dogshit and stand alone a are definitely definitely much better. It was refreshing to see a different setting for once.

Overall 4/6 stars (quite close to a five but for the finale set pieces)
  • I have little interest in Wonder Woman because of general superhero fatigue but I’m a big Gadot fan, so I’m putting on the ‘films to rent at home’ list.
  • Blocks100 wrote:
    Matt_82 wrote:
    It's good but nothing special. 
    What's special? Take you out the back and suck your dick?

That would be the "Blocks100 Special".
  • Murder on the Orient Express is going to get watched this November. I hope they don't jazz it up too much.
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    Murder on the Orient Express is going to get watched this November. I hope they don't jazz it up too much.

I'm avoiding anything with that fud Drop from here on
  • Short films might be a good fit for Blomkamp:

• Raiziel
    Show networks
    Twitter
    #Raiziel
    Xbox
    Raiziel
    PSN
    NicheCode
    Wii
    Raiziel

Send message
    The longuns' weren't doing him any favours after the lukewarm Elysium and utter garbage that was Chappie.
    Get schwifty.
  • Even fokking prons was really two films in one.
  • I watched about 70% of Kidnap last night. I just couldn't finish it. Halle Berry's character was just so incredibly stupid it ruined the whole thing for me. I quiet enjoy these kinds of film when the protagonist behaves in a somewhat rational manner. Films like Judgement Night or Running Scared(I think) were (if memory serves) similar are good examples.(Not seen either in years though). It was pretty mind boggling some of the decisions she made. Here are a couple of the biggies:
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:
    http://horganphoto.com My STILL under construction website
    PSN : superflyninja
  • Raiziel
    Show networks
    Twitter
    #Raiziel
    Xbox
    Raiziel
    PSN
    NicheCode
    Wii
    Raiziel

Send message
    Halle Berry is mostly awful in everything.
    Get schwifty.
  • I watched about 70% of Kidnap last night. I just couldn't finish it. Halle Berry's character was just so incredibly stupid it ruined the whole thing for me. I quiet enjoy these kinds of film when the protagonist behaves in a somewhat rational manner. Films like Judgement Night or Running Scared(I think) were (if memory serves) similar are good examples.(Not seen either in years though). It was pretty mind boggling some of the decisions she made. Here are a couple of the biggies:
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:
    Haha. I watched that recently too. It's weird because I ended up caught up in it, but mostly because we were shouting things at the screen of the "Why don't you do that, you silly cow!" sort.

Your first spoiler is of course correct, but it sets up the film so what can you do? The others, I think it's not too odd that
    Spoiler:
  • JonB wrote:
    I watched about 70% of Kidnap last night. I just couldn't finish it. Halle Berry's character was just so incredibly stupid it ruined the whole thing for me. I quiet enjoy these kinds of film when the protagonist behaves in a somewhat rational manner. Films like Judgement Night or Running Scared(I think) were (if memory serves) similar are good examples.(Not seen either in years though). It was pretty mind boggling some of the decisions she made. Here are a couple of the biggies:
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:
    Haha. I watched that recently too. It's weird because I ended up caught up in it, but mostly because we were shouting things at the screen of the "Why don't you do that, you silly cow!" sort. Your first spoiler is of course correct, but it sets up the film so what can you do? The others, I think it's not too odd that
    Spoiler:
    Yeah it was fun shouting at the screen with wifey(who stuck it through to the end).
    Being a parent though :
    Spoiler:
    http://horganphoto.com My STILL under construction website
    PSN : superflyninja
  • I need the soundtrack to this film so bad:

Also, this looks pleasingly daft:

• John Cena being ridiculous.

In.
  • John Wick 2

Yeah, it's not as good as the first but who cares? It's stupid, storyline is shit but who cares? Thoroughly enjoyed it.
    iosGameCentre:T3hDaddy;
    XBL: MistaTeaTime

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!