Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    Plot is probably an exaggeration.
  • I just went along with the ride and disengaged, it was fine.
  • Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    As long as you don't think about it it's fine.
  • I assumed he was talking about Captain America's ass?
    Come with g if you want to live...
  • g.man wrote:
    Endgame also fucked me off because we always knew there would be some sort of time-fuckery or parallel universe bullshit going on, which is fine, but on first viewing of IW, you couldn't help but notice things like Captain America now has a beard, or Black Widow's hair is suddenly blonde. To me this kind of pointed to them doing clever shit with the characters to make them look subtly, but noticeably different from their other selves when the time-fuckery kicked in. 
    There really was a tonne of incidental changes to the appearances of individual heroes, so this seemed like a well thought out no-brainer. Ooooh, I see what you're doing here and it's clever!
    Turns out that none of this was in any way relevant, and they didn't really have a clever plan at all. Probably just wanted to sell more toys.
    *shrug*

So you’re annoyed because they didn’t do some obvious shit?
  • No. I was annoyed because rather than doing some clever shit, they had the entire universe saved by a rat randomly pressing a button in a van.
  • davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    Just watched Infinity Wars again there off Disney+

It's very good. 

Thanos was extremely well done. A real world weary bad guy.

I'll watch End Game tomorrow night as I don't remember a lot of it and I might get more of it having watching some of the supporting films since then.
    Holding the wrong end of the stick since 2009.
  • nick_md wrote:
    I just went along with the ride and disengaged, it was fine.

For sure and it was enjoyable enough. I just can't remember what happened beyond big visual pieces and fat Thor.
  • Inf War surpassed all expectations.
    I had no idea how they were going to pull it off and after Civil War I didn't have much confidence.
    They did it though.

Endgame is OK but as others have said they wrote themselves into a corner. Having an alternate universe Thanos take the heat wasn't satisfying (is that what happened, I think that's what happened).

In general I prefer the side movies. Either Spiderman, Ragnarok, Guardians 1 they are more fun.

Also Captian Marvel was shit. Shit character, shit actress, shit shoe horn.
  • She literally went for a haircut while Thanos was destroying half the universe.
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    Obviously not in lockdown
  • davyK wrote:
    Ah.....Thanos had the power infinity stone in the gauntlet when he beat the Hulk. These things matter.

I don’t think he used the stone, did he? It would’ve glowed purple if he did. He’s a Titan, they’re just extremely strong.

Edit; and as Dante said, Thanos is smarter. A much more skilled fighter to Hulk’s pure rage.
    I am a FREE. I am not MAN. A NUMBER.
  • davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    It was in the Gauntlet - so I expect it aided him. I don't know enough about canon Thanos et al I suppose.

Hulk went down like a bitch in the film. That's what was such a jolt to me. I'm old school Marvel and didn't know any new characters had been created with that strength. For some reason that sort of annoys me - I like "force of nature' characters.
  • I mean Thanos debuted nearly 50 years ago, so I don't know how old school that makes you!
  • davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    Had never heard of him  :/

Must not have come across him in comics - at least I don't remember doing so. They weren't a weekly purchase for me - I tended to pick them when the occasion arose as they weren't cheap. So it's a good bet I'd miss a lot.

EDIT: Just went down a rabbit hole. It seems Thanos' skill and intelligence would overcome Hulk provided Hulk doesn't get angry enough before he is beaten. Heh.  Should have been a better fight though. Short changed.
  • g.man wrote:
    No. I was annoyed because rather than doing some clever shit, they had the entire universe saved by a rat randomly pressing a button in a van.
    Their “Get Out if Jail Free” card is having Dr Strange spin through 14 million or something timelines and say “this is the only one that works out”. Also gets Starlord off the hook for fucking up the “pulling the gauntlet off of him” manoeuvre that almost worked.
  • Whatever the reasons for Hulk being on the subs bench or punked in the last two Avengers films it was a waste of a good character. Should've been used more/more useful.

Also agree Man of Steel is very good (once it leaves Krypton).
  • davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    I had forgot most of End Game. Enjoyed rewatching it.

Has thrown me in a tizz though about who is as strong as who how though. Cap. America with Thor's hammer gave Thanos what for.  And Thanos' ineffectual headbutt on Cap. Marvel raised a smile.

Again - holds together rather well.
  • Captain Marvel is overpowered in the movie. Flies through the ships and destroys them easily without any problems at all? Stupid.
    I am a FREE. I am not MAN. A NUMBER.
  • davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    hylian_elf wrote:
    Captain Marvel is overpowered in the movie. Flies through the ships and destroys them easily without any problems at all? Stupid.

She did that in the Cap. Marvel film as well or at least something similar.

The dame with the red glowing energy attack seemed to be able to wreck Thanos too.
  • She's one of the most powerful beings in the universe.

Scarlet Witch is up there too, which can be shown with just 3 words.

21_9e4ec.jpg
  • That panel threw me, as I remembered Wanda was Magneto's daughter.

A quick check later & it seems Marvel changed it 10 years ago.

Anyone know why?
  • Staying on the flims for a mo, I enjoyed Infinity War & endgame, nice tie-up & Thanos was great. Not as good as the comic/novel Thanos or story, but tbf, not a bad workaround.

I'm still wondering how Disney will bring in the mutants, not sure I can handle another origin story etc again, but not sure how they can introduce without some background.
  • I had absolutely no idea that had happened. Looks like it was possibly related to Disney/Fox bollocks with the films. Either way it's incredibly dumb and completely pointless especially given the posted panels significance in relation to Magneto.
  • Bloody studio bollocks.

I ask how they can bring in the mutants & one possible way was the Scarlett Witch, Quicksilver & Magneto family ting.

Magento Vs the Avengers with a lil X-men help was a possible out, no more it seems.
  • cindemon wrote:
    I'm still wondering how Disney will bring in the mutants, not sure I can handle another origin story etc again, but not sure how they can introduce without some background.

I wonder if they might tie it back to the fingersnap. It makes it difficult for some characters though. Like Captain America, Magneto is tied to WWII. It's basically impossible to separate the character from the Nazi concentration camps. Wolverine has to go even further back.

You can sidestep some - Namor is basically never going to appear due to rights issues, and mutant gene activation can do a lot of heavy lifting for people who's powers aren't time sensitive - but for others it's basically impossible.
  • See until a few days ago(only just dived back in on the X universe) I didn't even know Namor was a mutant & as for rights, not a scooby ref who owns the rights to him.

Fingersnap seems the easist get out ref one of Earths power house teams not showing up for the big finale. The question was asked on Resetera earlier today & I went to reply, but I was left scratching my head.

I was thinking maybe a cameo in the new Fantastic 4 movie(if that comes 1st) based on Marvels book 2, which is about mutants, but the reporter is covering the arrival of the FF & later the wedding of Sue & Reed, move it on from the 50's/60's, modernise it.

Or...

Cameo them in the next Captain Marvel film based on the Kree/Skrull shenanigans.

But both feelightwieght & shoehorned, which inturn brings back to an orgin story, maybe based on the Summer brothers or something & I'm not even sure another relaunch can work or if I can stomach it.

The question is , are Joe Public/Disney happily ready to accept that mutants are established already & perhaps they just go for it.

I really have no idea.
  • I have something bumping around, not quite fully formed, but I'll put it down now in case I forget.

Mutants already exist. But, there are only a very small amount of them activated. Until the fingersnap. See for the most part activating the mutant gene is a result of trauma. And this certainly qualifies.

How do we bring in mutants whilst simultaneously explaining no one knowing about them? We start with The X-Men. As in the original X-Men. Cyclops, Iceman, Marvel Girl, Angel and Beast, led by Professor X. Its set in the past, and bar X, they will all be kids, The movie is a coming of age film, and lets you use their powers as metaphor. It will be written and directed by Joss Whedon.

We explain how no one knows about them with a combination of Prof X, government cover up and people being written off as religious nutters (specifically with Angel there). We can also have some of the easier to hide mutations. Beast won't be blue, that comes later, and we can maybe lean heavily on telepaths for other known mutants.

The fingersnap also changes the X-gene so that it can be activated simply by puberty, like in the comics.
  • A Prof X town/City/planet size mind wipe works for me everytime they appear on the radar, good shout.
    We start with The X-Men. As in the original X-Men. Cyclops, Iceman, Marvel Girl, Angel and Beast, led by Professor X. Its set in the past, and bar X, they will all be kids, The movie is a coming of age film, and lets you use their powers as metaphor. It will be written and directed by Joss Whedon.

Maybe with Sinister as the films villain if the OG 5 are involved, esp Scott & Jean? All the main X villains have got screen time at Some point, bar Mr S.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!