#Raiziel
    Xbox
    Raiziel
    PSN
    NicheCode
    Wii
    Raiziel

Send message
    Yeah but the original film, man...so much potential.  Maybe replace Connery with Pitt or Cloony?
    Get schwifty.
  • Raiziel wrote:
    poprock wrote:
    It looks like Highlander meets Mission Impossible with Charlize Theron. It’ll be terrible. But brilliant. Mayber.

Bloody hell I love Highlander.  They should do a new Highlander that’s really good.

Unfortunately there can only be one
    Spoiler:
  • Raiziel
    Show networks
    Twitter
    #Raiziel
    Xbox
    Raiziel
    PSN
    NicheCode
    Wii
    Raiziel

Send message
    Nolan would fucking nail Highlander.
    Get schwifty.
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    There can only be one chair.
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    Vivarium is 99p rental on Apple at mo. Worth a watch.
  • Its not my fave bottle movie but worth a go.
  • Raiziel
    Show networks
    Twitter
    #Raiziel
    Xbox
    Raiziel
    PSN
    NicheCode
    Wii
    Raiziel

Send message
    b0r1s wrote:
    Vivarium is 99p rental on Apple at mo. Worth a watch.

Bargain.
    Get schwifty.
  • Vivarium spoiler
    Spoiler:
  • Raiziel
    Show networks
    Twitter
    #Raiziel
    Xbox
    Raiziel
    PSN
    NicheCode
    Wii
    Raiziel

Send message
    Probably.  But who would know when you came down to it.
    Get schwifty.
  • Raiziel wrote:
    Spoiler:
  • Raiziel
    Show networks
    Twitter
    #Raiziel
    Xbox
    Raiziel
    PSN
    NicheCode
    Wii
    Raiziel

Send message
    LivDiv wrote:
    Raiziel wrote:
    Spoiler:

Hey look, I’m with you brother.
    Get schwifty.
  • regmcfly wrote:
    There can only be one chair.

Lols!
    iosGameCentre:T3hDaddy;
    XBL: MistaTeaTime
  • Just finished watching Rush and not being the world's biggest F1 fan I had no idea of the rivalry between Hunt and Lauda, and in particular what the latter went through after his crash. Boss film. Just a pity Natalie Dormer doesn't stick around for long.
    It wasn't until I hit my thirties that I realised you could unlock rewards by exploring the map
  • davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    Leviathan

Bleak.
    Holding the wrong end of the stick since 2009.
  • Greyhound was good. Quite action packed for something that in actuality was probably very boring and terrifying in equal measure. 
    It sailed dangerously close to portraying the Brits as incompetent at several points which annoyed me a little. But good overall. 
    It's only the US ships that seem to do anything and the 'air cover' are US planes, when on the east coast of the US it was RAF flying out of Canadian bases and obviously RAF at our end of the Atlantic that would be supplying the protection.
    Live= sgt pantyfire    PSN= pantyfire
  • davyK wrote:
    Leviathan

Bleak.

One of Hobbes' best imo.
  • Raiziel
    Show networks
    Twitter
    #Raiziel
    Xbox
    Raiziel
    PSN
    NicheCode
    Wii
    Raiziel

Send message
    The Old Guard was better than expected.
    Get schwifty.
  • Raiziel wrote:
    The Old Guard was better than expected.
    I thought it was ok.
    I'm surprised that they are positioning it as number one in a series.
    Live= sgt pantyfire    PSN= pantyfire
  • They've just done Comic number 2, thats probably why.
  • I enjoyed it. Theron was appropriately world-weary.
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    Yep just watched it. Solid action. Nice setup for a sequel. Bad guys were the only shit bit, as someone had said.
  • Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    First Cow. An interesting indie film that could be read in a few ways. Liked it a lot.
  • Curtis
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Curtis Rolph
    Twitter
    CUR715
    Xbox
    CUR715
    PSN
    C_R
    Steam
    CUR715
    Wii
    CUR715

Send message
    These are a few of the movies i've watched over the past 2 weeks, with a quickfire review:

Eyes Wide Shut
    Not nearly as profound or shocking as i remember, but everything Kubrick touches is so expertly done, it has to be admired. Nicole Kidman at this age was just the most beautiful creature alive. default_wub.png
    4/5

Bird Box
    I avoided this when it came out because it sounded like Netflix's answer to A Quiet Place. But i was pleasently surprised and happy that a lot of the film was them stuck in the house with the other survivors. The shouting at the kids made me giggle more than it should.
    3/5

The Prestige
    I find all of Nolan's films get better after multiple viewings and this is no exception. Solid all round even when you know the end/twist etc.
    4/5

Life of Pi
    I put this on as a background distraction when i was working but after about 10 seconds was glued to the screen from start to almost finish. I've always thought the meerkat island was a bit pointless, but everything else is spellbinding. The imagery is bold and beautiful, the CGI tiger utterly believable, and that young lad who acted the whole thing on green screen (his debut) was a delight. On a sad note: RIP Irrfan Khan who is a wonderful actor and sold the whole "story".
    5/5

Harry Brown
    I'm not a Michael Caine fan but i love him in this movie. Its an exaggerated view on teenage gang culture in this country, but its handled maturely and makes for compelling viewing. It has some excellent bit-part characters, the pick of the bunch being Sean Harris as the dealer who is fucking terrifying!
    3/5

Kill List
    I remember watching this back in the day and being shocked by the moments of ultra-violence, then confused by the ending, but i've seen it again since, and then once more recently, and i think its absolute genius! In the most deprived kind of way. You just don't get films like this. Its an assault on your senses that leaves you awestruck.
    5/5

The Personal History of David Copperfield
    I love Armando Iannucci's satirical work, so i didn't know what to expect from this. What it is, is the feel-good movie of 2020, and by God we need one in these dire times. This movie exudes pure joy! It's so jolly it makes me happy just typing about it. I've watched it 3 times already and it cheers me up without fail.
    5/5 trust me
  • Yes, Curtis.
    22. A Personal History of David Copperfield
    Outstanding. Incredible cast, bravura performances, witty script, beautifully put together, every frame luminous and fizzing with life and energy. One of the best films I've seen in years. (10)
    Gamertag: gremill
  • Damn I really need to get on that one eh
  • It's so much better than I expected it to be - it's easily Ianucci's best film.
    Gamertag: gremill
  • bad_hair_day
    Show networks
    Twitter
    @_badhairday_
    Xbox
    Bad Hair Day
    PSN
    Bad-Hair-Day
    Steam
    badhairday247

Send message
    Imagine my disappoint to find it's got nowt to do with the charismatic magician.
    retroking1981: Fuck this place I'm off to the pub.
  • jdanielp
    Show networks
    Facebook
    jdanielp
    Twitter
    jdanielp
    Xbox
    jdanielp
    PSN
    jdanielp_uk
    Steam
    jdanielp_uk

Send message
    Gremill wrote:
    It's so much better than I expected it to be - it's easily Ianucci's best film.

Yup. The others are certainly good, but never quite lived up to the expectations set by his TV work for me.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!