Film/Video Discussion Thread
  • I am currently fifty-two minutes into Tenet.
    I have no idea what is going on.
    I have no idea who anyone is.
    I have no idea what anyone is trying to achieve.
    I cannot understand a single word anyone is saying.
    Come with g if you want to live...
  • Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    Don't expect to be any the wiser by the end.
  • WHAT THE FUCK IS GOING ON!?
  • Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    Well, it's about time!
  • g.man wrote:
    I am currently fifty-two minute into Tenet. I have no idea what is going on. I have no idea who anyone is. I have no idea what anyone is trying to achieve. I cannot understand a single word anyone is saying.

Should have saved yourself some time:

• Dear God. There’s still another forty-five minutes of this shite to go.
  • Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    They save the worst for last too. So be ready.
  • I’m struggling to conceive of how it could possibly get worse.
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    g.man wrote:
    I am currently fifty-two minutes into Tenet.
    I have no idea what is going on.
    I have no idea who anyone is.
    I have no idea what anyone is trying to achieve.
    I cannot understand a single word anyone is saying.

I’m sure this is the same review as Star Trek Discovery
  • IT IS OVER.
  • DEAR LORD.
  • If you watched it on VHS, the tape rewinds itself once it reaches the end.  Shazam!
    It wasn't until I hit my thirties that I realised you could unlock rewards by exploring the map
  • I think Christopher Nolan may have just singlehandedly killed cinema with this film. I'm speechless.
  • davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    Any interest I had in Tenet has been well and truly obliterated by responses in this thread.
    Holding the wrong end of the stick since 2009.
  • So, TENET. (some mild spoilers)
    Let's cut to the chase.
    This is without question the single worst blockbuster ever made.
    I know we like to joke about how bad some movies are, but really, this one takes the fucking prize, then exits the stadium and runs a lap of honour round Hollywood for good measure. Jesus Fucking Christ.
    Now I likes me a Nolan film. Some are better than others, but he's usually a safe bet for a spectacular and sometimes thought-provoking blockbuster. However, in the space of two and a half hours, never has a director gobbled-up and shat out every last ounce of goodwill I hold for them like Nolan has with this film.

It's a bafflingly incomprehensible mess of a film, that relies on entire books worth of exposition, all rendered incomprehensible to the ear by a bizarre sound-mix that leaves the viewer wondering if they've suddenly developed hearing loss.
    This wouldn't be so bad though, if the exposition in question actually explained to the viewer what the fuck is going on, or answered any of the myriad questions you'll find yourself asking during the film, but no, it's just page after page of sheer gobbledygook.

At no point did I have the faintest idea who any of these people were, or what they were trying to achieve, or why they were trying to achieve it.
    There's a secret agent man, and he's dead, but now he's not dead, and now he's working for someone new, but we don't know who, and strange stuff is happening with time, and he's trying to get someone's wife to help him stop her evil husband from doing something in the future that could destroy the past or something, and he has a friend who is another secret agent man, and he helps him do strange stuff that makes absolutely no sense. There are apparently machines that enable people to move backwards in time, but none of this is satisfactorily explained, and so everybody just constantly zips backwards and forwards in time for seemingly no good reason. 
    There are a couple of brief moments at the front end that are such obvious plot twists for later in the film, that you certainly won't need a time machine to see coming, and yet, when you get to their eventual pay-off, Nolan still manages to make these reveals an incomprehensible mess.

None of this is satisfying. None of this is fun, and none of this particularly spectacular. It's a time bomb.
    If you manage to make it to the end of this clusterfuck, you are then rewarded with the worst climax in cinema history. A battle where everyone is simultaneously moving backwards and forwards in time, trying to achieve something bafflingly obtuse, while a clock ticks down to a deadline. 
    I defy anyone to be able to work out what the actual fuck is going on at this point, and it's an incredibly unsatisfying pay-off for two and a half hours spent scratching your fucking head in bewilderment.

Nolan then has the audacity to kick the viewer in the balls one last time and tease a fucking sequel! Only in 2020 could this be a thing.
    Honestly, if I had the technology from this film, I'd go backwards in time and warn everyone not to waste their time watching this garbage, because this really is two and a half hours of your life that you will never get back.

fuck off Nolan

g.man
  • Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    Yas, like I said - absolute garbage. By the end of the film I had less idea what was going on than I did in the middle of the film (when I had no idea either, so that's some feat).
  • Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    Without a doubt, the worst film I have sat through this year. And I am also a fan of a lot of Nolan's work.
  • Well now I have to watch it.
  • Oh gosh I want to see it now after that G.review
    I watch things with subtitles so maybe that will make it enjoyably worse!
  • I honestly recommend you don't. It really is a waste of your time. You'll have more fun just punching yourself in the face for a couple of hours.
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    Being worse than The Force Awakens takes some doing.
  • Yossarian wrote:
    Makes that film look like Citizen Kane.
  • Force Awakens was glorious fun!
  • I liked Force Awakens.
    Not everything is The Best or Shit. Theres many levels between that, lets just enjoy stuff.
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    No it wasn’t, it was utter shite. Come back Lucas, all is forgiven!
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    They decided to reintroduce a major character in fucking Fortnite for fuck’s sake.
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    That was Rise of Skywalker
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    Wait, that one.
  • Tenet was great. Fuck y’all.
  • bad_hair_day
    Show networks
    Twitter
    @_badhairday_
    Xbox
    Bad Hair Day
    PSN
    Bad-Hair-Day
    Steam
    badhairday247

Send message
    Yossarian wrote:

The next two sequels managed.

retroking1981: Fuck this place I'm off to the pub.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!