Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    Halo really is the stand out exclusive. Until Naughty Dog get something out Sony are gonna struggle to compete.

Bloodborne, its why I and many others bought the machine.

First year is barren, that's a given going off last gen too. I'm happy with the purchase, I have a machine for the next 5+ years, with titles to come that haven't even been announced/thought of, I have Mordor, Alien Isolation, Watch Dogs (lol), Far Cry 4 all to play with better shinies, PS+ giving me three games a month (even if they're 'just' indie as many bloody complain, they're games I wouldn't have gone near previously and its cost me about a fiver a month), and as mentioned, motherfucking Bloodborne. Oh and the controller is farking lovely.

All around, I'm chuffed ta.
  • Looking at the schedule of 2015 releases as it currently stands, Microsoft are gonna struggle to compete with Sony. 

All will fail against the might of the Wii U though. 
    (Once it's released.)
    I am a FREE. I am not MAN. A NUMBER.
  • You got a link for the release schedule?
  • Dark Soldier
    Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    Finally looked at The Order: 1886.

Holy shit yes.
  • @elf's post.. The might of the WiiU.... lol. 

Next year looks relatively barren for the Nintentard console of choice - unless I've somehow missed the announcements for loads of amazing upcoming games for the thing.
  • Splatoon, Zelda U, Captain Toad, Kirby Power Paintbrush 2 all look good. (admittedly it's only five fucking games)

FOUR!
  • Isn't Captain Toad (lol) this year though? 

LOL list regardless of C.Toad release date. When's the new Starfox due, 2015?
  • Halo really is the stand out exclusive. Until Naughty Dog get something out Sony are gonna struggle to compete.

Bloodborne, its why I and many others bought the machine.

First year is barren, that's a given going off last gen too. I'm happy with the purchase, I have a machine for the next 5+ years, with titles to come that haven't even been announced/thought of, I have Mordor, Alien Isolation, Watch Dogs (lol), Far Cry 4 all to play with better shinies, PS+ giving me three games a month (even if they're 'just' indie as many bloody complain, they're games I wouldn't have gone near previously and its cost me about a fiver a month), and as mentioned, motherfucking Bloodborne. Oh and the controller is farking lovely.

All around, I'm chuffed ta.

I think you will find I was drunk and playing Halo when I wrote that and cannot be held responsible for my wrongness.
  • Splatoon, Zelda U, Captain Toad, Kirby Power Paintbrush 2 all look good. (admittedly it's only five fucking games)

FOUR!

Yoshi's Woolly World is tempting me (when it comes out obv.). I reckon I'm gonna get a Wii U over Christmas if I see a cheap deal.
  • indigo wrote:
    @elf's post.. The might of the WiiU.... lol.  Next year looks relatively barren for the Nintentard console of choice - unless I've somehow missed the announcements for loads of amazing upcoming games for the thing.
    Splatoon, Zelda U, Captain Toad, Kirby Power Paintbrush 2 all look good. (admittedly it's only five fucking games) FOUR!

Add to this list: Xenoblade Chronicles X, Legend of Zelda, Devil's Third, and Mario Maker. That's what we know so far, with Starfox and SMT vs Fire Emblem a possibility.
    "Sometimes it's better to light a flamethrower than curse the darkness." ― Terry Pratchett
  • The WiiU is kicking arse on exclusives. It's just a shame there's nothing to play in between.
    "..the pseudo-Left new style.."
  • I think thats what 3DS is for...

But more seriously, the pattern with Nintendo is to announce more games at E3 and many of them release that year or early next. Whilst the lineup is thin for now, if we end up getting Starfox, Zelda and Xenoblade all next year then thats pretty much my free time gone in an instant. 

Fingers crossed for a Metroid announcement next year too. 

Slightly related, with work and now a small person to look after, they could release only one game next year and it would do me. I couldn't justify having another system right now, no matter how appealing the lineup may seem. That said, I struggle to muster excitement for many games on the PS4/xbono at this stage. They all seem to be delayed, buggy or available on cross-gen.
    "Sometimes it's better to light a flamethrower than curse the darkness." ― Terry Pratchett
  • Vela wrote:
    indigo wrote:
    @elf's post.. The might of the WiiU.... lol.  Next year looks relatively barren for the Nintentard console of choice - unless I've somehow missed the announcements for loads of amazing upcoming games for the thing.
    Splatoon, Zelda U, Captain Toad, Kirby Power Paintbrush 2 all look good. (admittedly it's only five fucking games) FOUR!
    Add to this list: Xenoblade Chronicles X, Legend of Zelda, Devil's Third, and Mario Maker. That's what we know so far, with Starfox and SMT vs Fire Emblem a possibility.

Adding Zelda to Zelda? That's almost as desperate as giving toad his own game :p
  • I can't read today!
  • monkey wrote:
    You got a link for the release schedule?

I was looking at the Wiki page for 2015:

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/2015_in_video_gaming
    I am a FREE. I am not MAN. A NUMBER.
  • Battlefront, Mortal Kombat and there is a rumored THPS (hopefully going back to it's roots).

If they all turn out how I hope then I'm well happy.
  • hylian_elf wrote:
    monkey wrote:
    You got a link for the release schedule?

I was looking at the Wiki page for 2015:

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/2015_in_video_gaming

Not really seeing much the PS4 has over the One there, looks pretty even.
    I'm falling apart to songs about hips and hearts...
  • Vela wrote:
    Whilst the lineup is thin for now, if we end up getting Starfox, Zelda and Xenoblade all next year then thats pretty much my free time gone in an instant.
    The lineup is thinner than the thinnest year on any Nintendo console ever. If you like every Nintendo game then maybe the gaps won't be that bad but there is literally one WiiU game that has a date in the first three months of next year, with a couple of others undated.
  • Outlaw wrote:
    Splatoon, Zelda U, Captain Toad, Kirby Power Paintbrush 2 all look good. (admittedly it's only five fucking games)

FOUR!

Yoshi's Woolly World is tempting me (when it comes out obv.). I reckon I'm gonna get a Wii U over Christmas if I see a cheap deal.

I love the look of yoshi but every one since the first has been average at best. My faith is diminished.

Toad looks amazing. It's inventiveness wrapped around a tight mechanic (platformeer with no jumping)
  • Yeah I'm not seeing an overwhelming difference re PS4 v Bone - Halo v Uncharted in terms of big names. Don't care about either. Gran Turismo maybe but XBone has released it's racers already. There are more PS4 exclusives on there, but I haven't heard of most of them. No Man's Sky looks like the stand out (which is only a console exclusive). The Order is steampunk, a cover shooter and made by Sony - a triple decker of meh. 

My stance on this is if you want good exclusives, buy a WiiU. Starfox will be mint. If you want a fully functional, decent console to play cross-platform games like Batman on, tough luck there aren't any out at the moment. Just get a seXbone or PS4 instead. 

I'm genuinely torn between WiiU and a PS4. I think I'll have more fun with a WiiU (I didn't own a Wii so have got all that back catalogue to play as well) but will miss out on the tiny smattering of top tier triple As that I want to play (Batman, erm, there are probably others) and the odd bit of MP. The limited game time I get at the moment makes it hard to justify getting both.
  • NMS is only timed too. It'll be out on X1 & PC soon enough.
  • Is Crackdown even confirmed for 2015? R6 Siege is the great hope for me given BF's demise, will keep an eye on Hardline but I can most likely wait till it makes an appearance on EA Access.
    GT: WEBBIN5 - A life in formats: Sinclair ZX81>Amstrad CPC 6128>Amiga 500>Sega Megadrive>PC>PlayStation 2>Xbox>DS Lite>Xbox 360>Xbox One>Xbox One X>Xbox Series X>Oculus Quest 2
  • IanHamlett wrote:
    Vela wrote:
    Whilst the lineup is thin for now, if we end up getting Starfox, Zelda and Xenoblade all next year then thats pretty much my free time gone in an instant.
    The lineup is thinner than the thinnest year on any Nintendo console ever. If you like every Nintendo game then maybe the gaps won't be that bad but there is literally one WiiU game that has a date in the first three months of next year, with a couple of others undated.

To be fair, I said my free time, not everyone else's. It's a thin year sure, but it will do me.
  • My free time isn't what it used to be so there's a chance the WiiU will have me covered.
  • Unless you want to play outrun 2
  • Outlaw wrote:
    I love the look of yoshi but every one since the first has been average at best. My faith is diminished. Toad looks amazing. It's inventiveness wrapped around a tight mechanic (platformeer with no jumping)

I haven't played many Yoshi games (not actually a fan of the Mario & Mario related stuff on Nintendo usually - blashphemy I know) but I do remember a Yoshi game on GBA kicking my arse. Never did finish it.
  • Yoshis Island?
  • Vela wrote:
    Unless you want to play outrun 2
    I was actually playing Outrun Online last night, minus the online aspect cos they ditched the servers. TBH there's virtually no difference. It's pretty rare for a Japanese published game to have a good lobby.
  • Vela wrote:
    Yoshis Island?

That sounds familiar.
  • Don't see Below, the Witness, Rime, or Grim Fandango in that 2015 Wiki list. That's just off the top of my head so there's prob many more missing too.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!