Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    I'm not sure, I think they stayed. But I haven't played the single player to check. Will inform later.
  • Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    Nah, save data still there thankfully.
  • acemuzzy
    Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    Phew!
  • Designers Republic are onboard with that game.
    "Sometimes it's better to light a flamethrower than curse the darkness." ― Terry Pratchett
    "Sometimes it's better to light a flamethrower than curse the darkness." ― Terry Pratchett
  • Once more with feeling
  • Who?
  • acemuzzy
    Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    You know, those people that are on board with that game
  • bad_hair_day
    Show networks
    Twitter
    @_badhairday_
    Xbox
    Bad Hair Day
    PSN
    Bad-Hair-Day
    Steam
    badhairday247

Send message
    Really want another Wipeout but it pains me to say the game clip looked just... dull.
    retroking1981: Fuck this place I'm off to the pub.
  • I'm genuinely torn between the two at the moment. Heart says One but head says PS4...
    I'm falling apart to songs about hips and hearts...
  • MattyJ wrote:
    Heart says One but head says PS4...

I'm the opposite atm. PS2 and 3 have been my consoles of choice over the last 2 gens but XOne seems to have the better exclusives for me atm.

Sony have been poor over the last few months imo, resting on their laurels somewhat. MS on the other hand have been very aggressive with price cuts and system improvements and deserve the success their currently having.
    オレノナハ エラー ダ
  • MattyJ wrote:
    I'm genuinely torn between the two at the moment. Heart says One but head says PS4...
    I was exactly the same a year ago. I went with heart, not regretted it and lets face it, it's just a games console, if you bought either you'll be sorted.
    I guess friends lists was the deciding factor for me in the end.
    Live= sgt pantyfire    PSN= pantyfire
  • True. There are more exclusives on X1 than the 4 for me at the moment, which is the way I'm headed. Will be jacking in my 360 and PS3 though.
    I'm falling apart to songs about hips and hearts...
  • I couldn't bear part with my 360, so many games in my library, so much still to play. It and the One share equal billing under the telly.
    GT: WEBBIN5 - A life in formats: Sinclair ZX81>Amstrad CPC 6128>Amiga 500>Sega Megadrive>PC>PlayStation 2>Xbox>DS Lite>Xbox 360>Xbox One>Xbox One X>Xbox Series X>Oculus Quest 2
  • MattyJ wrote:
    Heart says One but head says PS4...

I'm the opposite atm. PS2 and 3 have been my consoles of choice over the last 2 gens but XOne seems to have the better exclusives for me atm.

Sony have been poor over the last few months imo, resting on their laurels somewhat. MS on the other hand have been very aggressive with price cuts and system improvements and deserve the success their currently having.

Devil's advocate: Microsoft had to aggressive with their pricing and system improvements, because both were borked at launch. Sony could rest on their laurels, as both the firmware and the pricing were and remain fine (albeit feature light in some areas that others care about more than I). You're effectively rewarding Microsoft for realising they got it very wrong and trying to fix it.

Anywhoo, as said before, either system will be a sound investment over the course of the generation and it's probably only where your mates play and what exclusives you want that should be the deciding factor.
  • acemuzzy
    Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    The other thing to ponder is future exclusives, as well as current ones. Details obviously light at the moment though, and maybe there's a chance you'd buy the other one down the line anyway?
  • Syph79 wrote:
    You're effectively rewarding Microsoft for realising they got it very wrong and trying to fix it.

Nothing wrong with that though surely?

It's better that they acknowledge their mistakes and improve them. If XOne starts catching up with PS4 I'm sure Sony would counter with its own price cut.

Look how much PSN improved because of how amazing XBL was, we basically got PS+ out of that which led to MS countering with games for Gold.

Competition is good for everyone.
    オレノナハ エラー ダ
  • That's fine, but it came across like you'd favour and Xbox over a PS4 because Microsoft has been more aggressive as of late. For me, that's not a reason to choose one over the other, as it assumes both started from the same point and they didn't - Microsoft was in a lot of trouble in terms of perception and Sony wasn't.
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    Meh, last time around, Sony was in the shit at launch and caught up, this time it's Microsoft's turn. MS are doing a good job, mind. They're fixing things very quickly and doing a good job of, not only responding to feedback, but being seen to be responding to feedback. As you say, it's a perception issue, and Microsoft are doing a good job of countering the perception. I don't recall Sony turning things around this quickly with PS3.

All of which isn't to say that I'm considering buying a Bone because of this (although the speed and rate of OS updates is a minor factor), I want one for the games, which has been the area where Sony's been struggling badly.
  • Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    If Sony can make psn work even nearly as well as live then they'd be my choice of console. As it is now though, I'm afraid not.
  • Yossarian wrote:
    I want one for the games, which has been the area where Sony's been struggling badly.

This.

I honestly can't think of any PS4 exclusives I want atm. Closest is Killzone which is something I'd be happy to pick up when I have the console rather than buy one for it.

What have Sony got this xmas? Drive Club has been a disaster, everything else is multiplat. I'm not interested in the whole definitive editions thing, which is becoming far to common now. I've already played those, I want something new that can't be done on last gen.

The new Batman might be the game that finally makes me upgrade.

オレノナハ エラー ダ
  • It appears everyone in the PS4 thread is on tenter hooks for the upcoming Dark Souls game.
  • It was the Halo Game bundle that did it for me. That game and that price simply too good.
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    Yossarian wrote:
    I want one for the games, which has been the area where Sony's been struggling badly.

This.

I honestly can't think of any PS4 exclusives I want atm. Closest is Killzone which is something I'd be happy to pick up when I have the console rather than buy one for it.

What have Sony got this xmas? Drive Club has been a disaster, everything else is multiplat. I'm not interested in the whole definitive editions thing, which is becoming far to common now. I've already played those, I want something new that can't be done on last gen.

The new Batman might be the game that finally makes me upgrade.

You're going to struggle with this bit. Barring stuff like the Nemesis system from Mordor (and I'm not entirely sure why that can't be done on last gen) there isn't much to hold up and say 'this is why you need a PS4/Xbone'.
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    Halo in 60fps!
  • @Yossarian

Your probably right.

I guess I mean more something that isn't also available on last gen. Mario U could have been done on the Wii but because it wasn't I got a Wii U because I like Mario.

Just waiting for the PS4 equivalent.

オレノナハ エラー ダ
  • The next gen stuff is starting to filter thru now. the new Batman, Sunset Overdrive etc...

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!