PS4 Vs XBone comparisons?
  • I hear the Neo-Geo version is arcade perfect.
  • Kow wrote:
    Spectrum, apparently.

Looks good...
  • poprock wrote:
    So, did we come to any useful conclusions on which format he should buy Destiny for?

I think I'll go with PS4 if I buy it at all. It seems to be a bit too Halo-y, possibly, for my liking. I couldn't stand Halo.
    PSN: LtPidgeon - Live: Lt Pidgeon
  • I personally think XOne looks the better of the two so far. Much better exclusives and still gets all the big 3rd party stuff.

Being a PS+ subscriber has pretty much made my mind up for me though. I'm still waiting for a must have title and have plenty of PS3 games on my bucket list before I take the plunge.
    オレノナハ エラー ダ
  • beano
    Show networks
    Wii
    all the way home.

Send message
    I thought you meant aesthetics, reading on I'm out. I've neither so I can't comment. I'm here for Hitler. I miss him.
    "Better than a tech demo. But mostly a tech demo for now. Exactly what we expected, crashes less and less. No multiplayer."
    - BnB NMS review, PS4, PC
  • I personally think XOne looks the better of the two so far. Much better exclusives and still gets all the big 3rd party stuff.

What are these exclusives that you speak of please? At the moment, I can't see a reason for me to get the console, but I'm sure that will change very soon. There can never be too much Halo 3 and Chief, you see.
    I am a FREE. I am not MAN. A NUMBER.
  • Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    Titanfall and Forza.
  • @elf
    They are exclusives that interest him. They probably don't interest you.

subjective innit

g.man
    Come with g if you want to live...
  • True, was just wondering what the current best is. Titanfall I can do without, but maybe FH2 is something I might get once I get an XB1.
  • Personally I would prefer Forza and Forza Horizon over Driveclub, not that I am a racing super fan.

Halo MCC will be worth picking up, Halo 5 maybe.

Sunset Overdrive has my juicy flowing.

Titty fall I guess I may pick up, must be available cheap now.

I think Bloodbourne is the only exclusive I will miss on PS4.
  • Ali wrote:
    Kow wrote:
    Spectrum, apparently.

Looks good...

Fucking hell. Parallax scrolling on the speccy? I'm guessing its actually animated tiles but still. Animated tiles on the speccy?
    "..the pseudo-Left new style.."
  • hylian_elf wrote:
    I personally think XOne looks the better of the two so far. Much better exclusives and still gets all the big 3rd party stuff.
    What are these exclusives that you speak of please? At the moment, I can't see a reason for me to get the console, but I'm sure that will change very soon. There can never be too much Halo 3 and Chief, you see.

Out now Killer Instinct and Dead Rising 3. I've played and completed Ryse, borrowed my nephews XOne a few weekends back.

Upcoming Halo MCC and (possibly) Sunset Overdrive.

PS4 wise the only exclusive that interests me atm is Killzone. I really enjoyed 3 on PS3, 2 not so much. It's probably a game I'll pick up cheap when I eventually get one.

There hasn't been a multi format game on either yet that interests me, at least not one that isn't also available on 360/PS3. I'm more than happy to play them on the older consoles tbh.
    オレノナハ エラー ダ
  • I don't think I would have been missing anything if I didn't get a PS4, apart from Resogun. Equally, there is nothing on Bone that I want to play. And the likes of Ground Zeroes and Destiny, and Alien Isolation are available on past gen consoles. 

Which leaves the WiiU. Can't live without my WiiU and Bayo 2 is round the corner.
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    Personally I would prefer Forza and Forza Horizon over Driveclub, not that I am a racing super fan. Halo MCC will be worth picking up, Halo 5 maybe. Sunset Overdrive has my juicy flowing. Titty fall I guess I may pick up, must be available cheap now. I think Bloodbourne is the only exclusive I will miss on PS4.

Same, except I have no interest at all in racing games or even Bloodbourne. Resogun looks fun, but not worth buying a console for.
  • hylian_elf wrote:
    Which leaves the WiiU. Can't live without my WiiU and Bayo 2 is round the corner.

Yeah for all the Wii U's faults there's already been a handful of exclusives that have warranted my purchase with more on the horizon.

PS consoles have been my favourite of each gen since 2 (64 just edged PS out for me) and I've no doubt PS4 will carry that on but for now I'm happy with my Wii U, PS3, 3DS and Vita.
    オレノナハ エラー ダ
  • I'm seriously considering a WiiU for some non testosterone filled joy. Will wait to see if LBP3 fills that hole first though.
  • Your non-testosterone joy hole?
  • Escape
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Futurscapes
    Xbox
    Futurscape
    PSN
    Futurscape
    Steam
    Futurscape

Send message
    We could always buy some forum consoles and timeshare them.
  • GooberTheHat
    Show networks
    Twitter
    GooberTheHat
    Xbox
    GooberTheHat
    Steam
    GooberTheHat

Send message
    Titanfall is great. Seems to have died off now unfortunately but it is a fantastic game.
  • beano
    Show networks
    Wii
    all the way home.

Send message
    I was gonna ask, or investigate the retention now Destiny hit. It's interesting that the large userbase is PS4- is that down to hardware or people with both consoles and a FPS fetish wanting to maintain legitimacy in their purchasing power by retaining a reason to turn the other console on?

Seriously. It's interesting.
    "Better than a tech demo. But mostly a tech demo for now. Exactly what we expected, crashes less and less. No multiplayer."
    - BnB NMS review, PS4, PC
  • Destiny? That's a PS4 exclusive isn't it?

Horizon 2 has been a major distraction for the Boners, and I think we've found once you put down Destiny, there's not much of a pull to go back. It seems to be doing fairly briskly on the 360 forumwise though.
    GT: WEBBIN5 - A life in formats: Sinclair ZX81>Amstrad CPC 6128>Amiga 500>Sega Megadrive>PC>PlayStation 2>Xbox>DS Lite>Xbox 360>Xbox One>Xbox One X>Xbox Series X>Oculus Quest 2
  • Escape wrote:
    We could always buy some forum consoles and timeshare them.
    This should really be a thing. I would've been fine having the Wii for one month per year. I expect the WiiU will be much the same.
  • Escape
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Futurscapes
    Xbox
    Futurscape
    PSN
    Futurscape
    Steam
    Futurscape

Send message
    I'd have been fine with having that Wii for a different month of the year.

Just don't give Tempy a Vita.
  • Pls do, I am poor
  • Hardware quirks aside, there isn't yet much software differentiation between the two consoles is there? Most games are multi platform so it really comes down to which system your friends have, and if there is a significant performance gap between versions of a must-have game.

I'm thinking I'll be waiting to see how PES, MGSV and Bloodborne go, maaaaaaaaybe Halo MCC/5 and if we ever get an indication of Beyond Good and Evil 2 or Half Life 3. It really needs to be a critical mass of offerings, otherwise I'll probably be fine with my current setup which is WiiU/3DS/PS3/Vita. I'm spoilt for choice as it is.
    "Sometimes it's better to light a flamethrower than curse the darkness." ― Terry Pratchett
  • Hello Games, the developers of No Man's Sky, are the people with the best idea of when I'm getting my PS4.
  • FranticPea
    Show networks
    Xbox
    FranticPea
    PSN
    FranticPea
    Steam
    FranticPea

Send message
    Titanfall is great. Seems to have died off now unfortunately but it is a fantastic game.

I keep trying to resurrect it! Shits on Destiny MP from a giant robot height. Lets sort it out.
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    Webbins wrote:
    Destiny? That's a PS4 exclusive isn't it? ... Horizon 2 has been a major distraction for the Boners, and I think we've found once you put down Destiny, there's not much of a pull to go back. It seems to be doing fairly briskly on the 360 forumwise though.

Much of the Halo faithful are still on the 360. If and when they jump to One, Destiny is likely to have a pretty solid user base on the Bone. Probably.
  • bad_hair_day
    Show networks
    Twitter
    @_badhairday_
    Xbox
    Bad Hair Day
    PSN
    Bad-Hair-Day
    Steam
    badhairday247

Send message
    FranticPea wrote:
    I keep trying to resurrect it! Shits on Destiny MP from a giant robot height. Lets sort it out.

Friday Night Forza to blame?  Titanfall Tuesday has a ring to it.

retroking1981: Fuck this place I'm off to the pub.
  • GooberTheHat
    Show networks
    Twitter
    GooberTheHat
    Xbox
    GooberTheHat
    Steam
    GooberTheHat

Send message
    Lack of other players is also a concern. It can take an age on anything other than vanilla maps to find enough players.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!