101 Things that get on our tits but don't actually matter in the slightest.
  • Skerret
    Show networks
    Facebook
    die
    Twitter
    @CustomCosy
    Xbox
    Skerret
    PSN
    Skerret
    Steam
    Skerret
    Wii
    get tae

Send message
    Me
    Skerret's posting is ok to trip balls to and read just to experience the ambience but don't expect any content.
    "I'm jealous of sucking major dick!"~ Kernowgaz
  • Skerret
    Show networks
    Facebook
    die
    Twitter
    @CustomCosy
    Xbox
    Skerret
    PSN
    Skerret
    Steam
    Skerret
    Wii
    get tae

Send message
    it me
    Skerret's posting is ok to trip balls to and read just to experience the ambience but don't expect any content.
    "I'm jealous of sucking major dick!"~ Kernowgaz
  • Nina
    Show networks
    Twitter
    myHighnessOne
    Xbox
    SU SPRIET
    PSN
    myHighness
    Steam
    myHighness

Send message
    Hey you.

The chicken wasn't worth a 2 hour wait. Was still good, but I would have gotten a more interesting flavor experience from that ice cream.
  • I keep ketchup in one of my drawers by my desk. One of my colleagues asks for my ketchup at least as often as I use it myself.

This would annoy me anyway; it’s a small enough expense that I look like an arsehole if I complain but, I really think she should buy her own fucking ketchup. What is particularly galling is that the canteen, where she buys the food she wants ketchup for, sells sachets of ketchup. So, if she doesn’t want to keep ketchup by her desk, she could just buy a sachet.

What makes it more annoying is that I know how easily she can afford it. Her parents are minted, and her husband earns a fortune. She contributes nothing towards their mortgage, council tax, home insurance, intenet or TV. She was talking the other night about how, when she pays off her current credit card with this month’s pay, she’ll be able to save £800 a month, and that will still leave her £250 a week to ‘survive’ on.

Even with multiple Markies sandwiches and ready meals each working week, that still leaves plenty for tomato sauce.
  • You've thought about her situation in slightly unnerving detail.
    "Plus he wore shorts like a total cunt" - Bob
  • I'd buy her a bottle and tell her to keep it at her desk.
    "Plus he wore shorts like a total cunt" - Bob
  • Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    Or just say you have none left. Add "Because you took it all" to taste.
  • bad_hair_day
    Show networks
    Twitter
    @_badhairday_
    Xbox
    Bad Hair Day
    PSN
    Bad-Hair-Day
    Steam
    badhairday247

Send message
    When she next asks, down it all then give her the empty bottle.
    retroking1981: Fuck this place I'm off to the pub.
  • No suprise she is well off there, it's always the born wealthy on the scrounge.
  • You've thought about her situation in slightly unnerving detail.

No, she tells me this shit on a daily basis. She’s obsessed with money and credit scores.
  • Get some really shit cheapo ketchup (maybe keep the good stuff in a secret spot somewhere). If she’s as nobby as she sounds then she’ll soon vote with her feet. If she says owt you can put the story on r/choosingbeggars
    iosGameCentre:T3hDaddy;
    XBL: MistaTeaTime
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    Buy a second bottle and mix in a strong laxative. Don’t get the bottles confused.
  • LivDiv wrote:
    No suprise she is well off there, it's always the born wealthy on the scrounge.

I’ve always found this too, must be that whole “a penny saved” shit

• Yossarian wrote:
    Buy a second bottle and mix in a strong laxative. Don’t get the bottles confused.

At a previous office, someone kept using the bottle I had hidden in the back of a cupboard in the canteen. They once used most of a bottle between two of my uses. So, I made up a new bottle, with loads of extra hot sauce mixed through the ketchup.
  • The Daddy wrote:
    Get some really shit cheapo ketchup (maybe keep the good stuff in a secret spot somewhere). 

I'd go with this one.  Squeezy Stockwell Ketchup is 44p in Tesco, keep the Heinz to yourself.  

I started buying my own sugar lumps at work because the communal sugar pot never got refilled unless I did it.  People would use less sugar to ensure a spoonful remained at the bottom, rather than admitting that the onus was on them to walk over to the canteen and fill it up (with free sugar).
  • Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    You can't use communal sugar anyway because of the one cunt who stirs his coffee with the spoon and then puts it back in the sugar.
  • cockbeard
    Show networks
    Facebook
    ben.usaf
    Twitter
    @cockbeard
    PSN
    c_ckbeard
    Steam
    cockbeard

Send message
    Yossarian wrote:

Milk always used to go missing, started pissing in it

I approve
    "I spent years thinking Yorke was legit Downs-ish disabled and could only achieve lucidity through song" - Mr B
  • The worst combination of factors at the bar last night:

Payday weekend
    Muggy weather
    Some stupid football thing
    Shitty Saturday night DJ
    All our clientele being either barely legal or middle aged - nothing in between
    Full (probably over) our 350 capacity
    Running out of glasses about an hour in, barely keeping up with demand thanks to our small glass washer and difficulty getting glasses off the floor.

Made for a heady cocktail of all the worst possible behaviours.

Useless drink ordering technique.

People getting annoyed that as bar staff we can’t remember the order of random cunts waiting at the bar whilst juggling said orders.

People being perplexed we don’t have straws left “what? no straws?!” Nah mate just having a laugh with you when I told you didn’t have any!

Cunts getting annoyed we run out of specific glasses for drinks despite not bringing their glasses back to the bar.

People getting cheeky with me or waving money in my face/shouting orders at me whilst I’m clearly cashing up or dealing with someone else’s order - nothing will make me avoid serving you next more than that.

Special shout out to the daft woman who complained to my bar mate that I was taking too long with her drinks order despite their being no glasses that weren’t pint glasses available to pour her drink into, so unless she wants a boiling hot glass she’s just gonna have to wait.

Just people general stinking attitudes to me and my fellow bar staff.

Thank fuck i’m on these anti-depressants, I remember when I first started I had small anxiety attacks during mildly busy shifts, now I just sail through adding faces to my book of grudges.
  • Yeah, I don't miss working in the bar.
  • Despite all that I still kinda like it. It’s fun, simple stuff. Would like to work in a better bar for sure, one that didn’t have a shite DJ every Friday and Saturday. A little more pay would be nice too.
  • Tempy wrote:
    The worst combination of factors at the bar last night: Payday weekend Muggy weather Some stupid football thing Shitty Saturday night DJ All our clientele being either barely legal or middle aged - nothing in between Full (probably over) our 350 capacity Running out of glasses about an hour in, barely keeping up with demand thanks to our small glass washer and difficulty getting glasses off the floor. Made for a heady cocktail of all the worst possible behaviours. Useless drink ordering technique. People getting annoyed that as bar staff we can’t remember the order of random cunts waiting at the bar whilst juggling said orders. People being perplexed we don’t have straws left “what? no straws?!” Nah mate just having a laugh with you when I told you didn’t have any! Cunts getting annoyed we run out of specific glasses for drinks despite not bringing their glasses back to the bar. People getting cheeky with me or waving money in my face/shouting orders at me whilst I’m clearly cashing up or dealing with someone else’s order - nothing will make me avoid serving you next more than that. Special shout out to the daft woman who complained to my bar mate that I was taking too long with her drinks order despite their being no glasses that weren’t pint glasses available to pour her drink into, so unless she wants a boiling hot glass she’s just gonna have to wait. Just people general stinking attitudes to me and my fellow bar staff. Thank fuck i’m on these anti-depressants, I remember when I first started I had small anxiety attacks during mildly busy shifts, now I just sail through adding faces to my book of grudges.

Sounds like a shite place to work tbh. Do you not have glass collectors? Why didn't your management order extra glasses and straws etc if you were going to be busy?
  • We share glass collecting duty, one of us will be on the rota to do it that might, if it gets busy and we can spare a bar staff we’ll do that too. It’s more the sheer swell of people that fill the pub, and how useless they are at getting out of your way. We’re always behind on glasses cos we’re a city centre pub where people don’t bring their glasses back and then complain, a little courtesy would go a long way in making it smoother for all of us. For comparison the Friday night was predicted to be busy and three people got sent home early cos it was dead. We didn't advertise the game, and we had no commentary cos the DJ was on at 8pm which is when the march started. People just float in.

As for straws, we ran out at about 5pm. Some weekends you’ll give out 100 straws, other times you’ll get an impromptu hen party in who go through that themselves. We ran out, it happens. People getting indignant about it does my tree in though. You’re 45, not 5. Drink from a glass.
  • These people will lose their shit when the long overdue ban on plastic straws comes into place.
  • We use recyclable plastic ones that we stick in our dedicated plastics recycling bin
  • That are then immediately tipped directly into a turtles throat.
    Live= sgt pantyfire    PSN= pantyfire
  • I don’t think that’s how recycling works
  • Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    It's a recycled turtle so it's ok.
  • The turtle is also biodegradable in case it can't make it to the recycling station so it's doubly ok.
    "Let me tell you, when yung Rouj had his Senna and Mansell Scalextric, Frank was the goddamn Professor X of F1."
  • Well we’re trying. Let’s not get distracted from the real issue here which is wanker customers.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!