101 Things that get on our tits but don't actually matter in the slightest.
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    It's good, don't get me wrong. But I like sport too, and a pub is a great place to watch it. We had one in Beadnell and now we don't, it's a shame. A bit of variety never hurt anyone.
  • Skerret
    Show networks
    Facebook
    die
    Twitter
    @CustomCosy
    Xbox
    Skerret
    PSN
    Skerret
    Steam
    Skerret
    Wii
    get tae

Send message
    Except for that kid who can only eat pears
    Skerret's posting is ok to trip balls to and read just to experience the ambience but don't expect any content.
    "I'm jealous of sucking major dick!"~ Kernowgaz
  • Wanting to sing along to a song in a language you don’t speak. KenLee.avi
  • acemuzzy
    Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    My wife put on the DVD version of Up, from our DVD+BluRay double disk set. My brain cannot compute this decision.
  • My wife would do the same. Always catch her watching stuff in standard def.
    iosGameCentre:T3hDaddy;
    XBL: MistaTeaTime
  • If the stream drops to SD when streaming Netflix mine doesn't notice.  She sometimes pretends to notice when I ask if she's noticed it when it changes back.  20/20 vision, laser eye surgery in 2012.  Apparently she's even got slightly better night vision than norms.  

She did notice that the recent season of Game of Thrones looked shit at one point though.
  • Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    I caught mine watching something Italian, dubbed into French, with Spanish subtitles. She hadn't noticed.
  • It took the 4K demos on my new TV to get my wife to acknowledge there's been progress since VHS.
  • I've gone swimming with my phone in my pocket.  Again.  That's twice in a year.  Raring to go with the swimming shorts on in advance really doesn't work for me - I lost the phone in the sea last time, at least this one was retrieved from the bottom of a kiddie pool.  Into the rice it goes.
  • davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    I used to always forget my wallet was in my pocket when going into the pool on holidays. Back when you carried a wad of cash when travelling. I remember having all the notes drying out in the room with the fans blowing on them. Room looked like a counterfeit setup.
    Holding the wrong end of the stick since 2009.
  • cockbeard
    Show networks
    Facebook
    ben.usaf
    Twitter
    @cockbeard
    PSN
    c_ckbeard
    Steam
    cockbeard

Send message
    davyK wrote:
    I used to always forget my wallet was in my pocket when going into the pool on holidays. Back when you carried a wad of cash when travelling. I remember having all the notes drying out in the room with the fans blowing on them. Room looked like a counterfeit setup.

I popped mine in the side to dry without noticing that I'd placed them on the electric hob, my beans took ages to cook, being as I turned the wrong ring on
    "I spent years thinking Yorke was legit Downs-ish disabled and could only achieve lucidity through song" - Mr B
  • Changing address on my driving licence. Or at least I thought I was. Get all the way to the end of the process online and it suddenly asks for my passport number. Well, that’s fucked then. My passport’s safely stashed away at home. I’ll have to do it all again tonight.
  • HA.
    TBH it is quite a good system though as they use your passport photo which saves 90% of the hassle.
    Just don't do what LivDiv did and leave both to expire.
  • People watching Love Island then complaining about it being exploitative. That is literally its raison d'être.
    Dont like it stop watching garbage. Do something productive, read a fucking book or wank over some cam whores.
  • GooberTheHat
    Show networks
    Twitter
    GooberTheHat
    Xbox
    GooberTheHat
    Steam
    GooberTheHat

Send message
    I've just been rear ended on my way to work, and the repair shop the insurance company want me to go with can't get me in for 2 weeks.
  • Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    Won't they give you a courtesy car?
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    Can’t you borrow a tank from work?
  • Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    Get a wank from some Turks.
  • FranticPea
    Show networks
    Xbox
    FranticPea
    PSN
    FranticPea
    Steam
    FranticPea

Send message
    Yossarian wrote:
    Can’t you borrow a tank from work?

He was in his tank. You should see the state of the other vehicle.
  • Flatmates have told me they don’t like that i often close my door. This is an open door apartment, apparently.

It’s unlikely I will ever be able to afford to leave this place, so I guess from here on in I just have to get used to having my door open all the time, which I absolutely hate.
  • Tell them to get fucked. If you're paying your way you can do what the hell you like with your own space.
  • Open your door from 6-9pm for Consultation Hours. Close it all other times.
  • cockbeard
    Show networks
    Facebook
    ben.usaf
    Twitter
    @cockbeard
    PSN
    c_ckbeard
    Steam
    cockbeard

Send message
    Fuck me these German's do seem to play up to their own stereotypes don't they? Sit down to piss, leave the door open, follow all ze unwritten rulez

If your door opens into a screen or some display area, just leave computer screensaver of the most extreme goatse you can find and leave the door open for them to peek in as often as they want
    "I spent years thinking Yorke was legit Downs-ish disabled and could only achieve lucidity through song" - Mr B
  • cockbeard
    Show networks
    Facebook
    ben.usaf
    Twitter
    @cockbeard
    PSN
    c_ckbeard
    Steam
    cockbeard

Send message
    Flatmates have told me they don’t like that i often close my door. This is an open door apartment, apparently

Alternatively tell them "I know it's open door, that's how I ended up living here, shit policy that weren't it??"
  • It’s fair enough, really. This little living community has been this way long before I moved in. They want housemates that can fit in with everything it entails. If they didn’t think I could be that sort of person, they probably wouldn’t have offered me the room to begin with.

But I don’t like it. I’m a really private person. I need my space. I’ve had the door open an hour now and it’s already making me nervous and agitated. I don’t want to hear other people’s music, tv shows or conversations. I don’t want to smell their food or their smoke. I don’t like to feel like someone can poke their head in the door any minute. I can’t relax like this. I might be alone in my room right now but somehow it doesn’t feel that way. It always feels like I’m about to be interrupted.

I would move out over this were it not for the fact that i) I cant afford to live alone anywhere in this city, and ii) I’m fortunate enough to be on an old contract, which means I’m paying the rental rates of 5 years ago, which in turn means my rent is literally half what I would pay anywhere else. So in many ways I’m really lucky. But I can’t help being frustrated that it’s cost me my privacy, which I value so much.
  • Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    Do you have to leave it open when you sleep? Or have a woman over?

I wouldn't have that at all, politely tell them to go and fuck themselves hard.
  • Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    Fucking hell, Google is telling me Quincy Jones has an album out again.
  • They said they understand sometimes it needs to be closed, but that leaving it open should be the norm. Everyone else closes the door when they sleep so for sure that’s fine

Telling them to go fuck themselves I might as well just hand in my notice to leave

It’s a nice place to live sort from this stupid rule, which probably bothers me way more than it should.
  • cockbeard
    Show networks
    Facebook
    ben.usaf
    Twitter
    @cockbeard
    PSN
    c_ckbeard
    Steam
    cockbeard

Send message
    Assuming that your door opens into the wall, like all room doors "should" open, could you hang a drape or something, even if just a beaded doorway. Might give you an added layer of perceived privacy, and sate their desire for your door to be open. Might just be in case you're a right grotty bastard, I've lived with a few like that, door always closed, room never gets aired, stench builds up, etc etc. Not saying you are, juts that might be the original root is all

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!