101 Things that get on our tits but don't actually matter in the slightest.
  • It true Temps, I feel your bar work pains. I agree that actually it's quite an enjoyable job when it's not the rammo weekend shifts. I used to love, okay maybe love is the wrong word, practicing wanky clover leafs and stuff in the guiness, pulling pints and making cocktails, also I never met a dickhead member of bar staff, the occasional dickhead manager who had never actually worked behind the bar, hence the dickbaggery, but otherwise all sound. 

Fuck I even found some kind of bizarre zen like satisfaction from brassoing the drip trays and pumps and polishing the glasses.
    "Let me tell you, when yung Rouj had his Senna and Mansell Scalextric, Frank was the goddamn Professor X of F1."
  • Good honest work innit. If it was reliable or paid well enough and was in a decent place i’d be happy enough doing it more. We’re getting a refurb in a few weeks that i’m actually looking forward to. Can’t make cocktails for shit because we don’t do that, but i’d learn if I had to. Staff are ace as you say, no-one judges, everyone comes from different backgrounds. We’ve got a great manager who has done this for decades, he’s always behind the bar or collecting glasses on busy nights.

Only bad thing is all the boomer customers we get who look down their noses at us, I would fight all of them.
  • Tempy wrote:
    Can’t make cocktails for shit because we don’t do that, but i’d learn if I had to.

My dad used to work in a bar where the management had a good attitude to cocktails; it’s not a cocktail lounge, so the staff aren’t expected to memorise them, but if you can tell them how it’s made and the ingredients are here, they’ll oblige.
  • That sounds good, I don’t even mind the idea of having a little cheat sheet or book to flick through. We don’t do cocktails that aren’t pre-mixes though, and because we’re a chain we can’t do any cocktails if they aren’t on the till.
  • Yeah that was how our pub was with cocktails, it was a pretty straight forward pub pub, but we'd make what people asked for, nothing crazy but it was a nice deviation making a mojito or layering up a B52 or whatever.
    "Let me tell you, when yung Rouj had his Senna and Mansell Scalextric, Frank was the goddamn Professor X of F1."
  • davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    Jeez - my bar work consisted of pints and spirits with mixers. Wine would have raised an eyebrow. :)

That was '90-'91 though.
    Holding the wrong end of the stick since 2009.
  • Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    Tom Green. I accidentally saw a bit of one of his films. Is there anyone as painfully unfunny?
  • You don't watch much American standup eh?
  • Isn't he Canadian?
    "Plus he wore shorts like a total cunt" - Bob
  • Yes, probably. My question still makes sense.
  • Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    nick_md wrote:
    You don't watch much American standup eh?

I watch plenty. Tom Green is an unfunny cunt.
  • Was it an old film? He's one of those flavour of the month guys who was briefly considered funny a good while ago before being rightfully fucked off in a bin.
    Come with g if you want to live...
  • Just awful.
    nick_md wrote:
    Yes, probably. My question still makes sense.

Not if it's about Tom Green it doesn't.
  • Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    g.man wrote:
    Was it an old film? He's one of those flavour of the month guys who was briefly considered funny a good while ago before being rightfully fucked off in a bin.

Old enough I guess. I saw a bit where he was shaking a horse's cock while shouting something. Maybe that was what counted as humour in the early 21st century.
  • Just awful.
    nick_md wrote:
    Yes, probably. My question still makes sense.

Not if it's about Tom Green it doesn't.

"Is there anyone as painfully unfunny"

Not "is there anyone the same nationality as painfully unfunny".
  • So why mention American stand up? I get your point but it was an odd thing to say.
  • Skerret
    Show networks
    Facebook
    die
    Twitter
    @CustomCosy
    Xbox
    Skerret
    PSN
    Skerret
    Steam
    Skerret
    Wii
    get tae

Send message
    Daddy would you like some saus-a-ges
    Skerret's posting is ok to trip balls to and read just to experience the ambience but don't expect any content.
    "I'm jealous of sucking major dick!"~ Kernowgaz
  • cockbeard
    Show networks
    Facebook
    ben.usaf
    Twitter
    @cockbeard
    PSN
    c_ckbeard
    Steam
    cockbeard

Send message
    I'd love Daddy's sausage
    "I spent years thinking Yorke was legit Downs-ish disabled and could only achieve lucidity through song" - Mr B
  • I’ll see what I can do.
    iosGameCentre:T3hDaddy;
    XBL: MistaTeaTime
  • So why mention American stand up? I get your point but it was an odd thing to say.

Perhaps it’s just because it’s the largest population of English-speakers, but I do feel like I see more unfunny American stand-ups than from anywhere else. Given that Canada is a North American country, and there are more parallels with US culture than other English-speaking countries, it’s not remotely odd to consider Canadian stand-ups with their US counterparts.
  • I just meant that I think American standup is an example of something painfully unfunny (bar a few exceptions), I really don't get the confusion in this. I didn't realise I had to drill into Canadian culture in any reply.
  • cockbeard
    Show networks
    Facebook
    ben.usaf
    Twitter
    @cockbeard
    PSN
    c_ckbeard
    Steam
    cockbeard

Send message
    The Daddy wrote:
    I’ll see what I can do.

hahaha

If you can get it on my tits, at least it's on topic
    "I spent years thinking Yorke was legit Downs-ish disabled and could only achieve lucidity through song" - Mr B
  • ‘iOS software update will be auto installed tonight’

Ahhh fuck off already! This cunting caption hovers at the top of my deck phone screen and only disappears when I press the main menu button. And then it just comes back again a few minutes later. Why?
  • I think it’s to let you know that, tonight, it’s going to auto-install an update for the iOS software.
  • It was also saying this yesterday.
  • Other annoying anti-feature. I used to be able to pause, play, rewind or change the volume of podcasts on my phone without unlocking it. But that seems to have been patched away recently for some unknown reason
  • Man, pitching is the worst. You find a neat game, an interesting studio, a content creator that does things differently, a neat angle on something old, a cutting edge idea on something new, pitch them everywhere and get knocked back, and then you wake up to something like "Risk of Rain 2 does scale well" on Eurogamer.
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    Other annoying anti-feature. I used to be able to pause, play, rewind or change the volume of podcasts on my phone without unlocking it. But that seems to have been patched away recently for some unknown reason

Still works for me. I use RSS radio over the podcasts app though, that might make a difference?
  • cockbeard
    Show networks
    Facebook
    ben.usaf
    Twitter
    @cockbeard
    PSN
    c_ckbeard
    Steam
    cockbeard

Send message
    buy a pc

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!